Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN

All of RWTKII posts have been deleted - you only see his responses now - what did he do this time

Can't ban him! He is too much fun to clown as the court jester!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN

I'm a little confused as to why Rusty keeps getting bounced. I mean, sure, he's antagonistic (and frankly, he spends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time and effort here) but at least he tends to back up his bluster with a modicum of evidence and is not routinely offensive.

I think maybe someone in a position of power simply doesn't like his style.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little confused as to why Rusty keeps getting bounced. I mean, sure, he's antagonistic (and frankly, he spends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time and effort here) but at least he tends to back up his bluster with a modicum of evidence and is not routinely offensive. I think maybe someone in a position of power simply doesn't like his style.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Could be - I agree P-Mike - Rusty can be strident at times but he does know football - which puts him far ahead of some of the folks here

Banning Patssince 1966 - now that was very necessary

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I won't miss him. Oh, wait. I won't have to. He'll be back in half an hour as RWTKIII calling out all of the irrational, paranoid trolls among us. He's nothing if not consistent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : Could be - I agree P-Mike - Rusty can be strident at times but he does know football - which puts him far ahead of some of the folks here Banning Patssince 1966 - now that was very necessary
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

He'd be great if he just stuck to football, but he can't help letting everyone know what a vastly superior intellect he thinks he is and usually in a condescendingly insulting manner. It's his downfall every time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

He used to rub me the wrong way (as I'm sure that I've rubbed peeps the wrong way on this board too!), but now I just think it's funny when he sometimes argues for the sake of arguing (even when basically, you're agreeing with him).

Even funnier is when he takes the bait every time the words cheat is used...lol :)

he'll be back in a few.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He recently started a "Top 5 Trolls" thread. That, alone, is enough to get booted. I didn't read it, but I imagine some of his comments also went way too far.

He definitely knows football. He definitely has an irrational, argumentative strak as well. How can I tell? Takes one to know one.

He'll be back, he should grab the old Taco Bell Rat Dog as an avatar, and go with "YoQuieroBDC" The name alone should buy him some time with the mods.

To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't gotten the axe ever, I venture into King's territory, though certainly not as often.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]He used to rub me the wrong way (as I'm sure that I've rubbed peeps the wrong way on this board too!), but now I just think it's funny when he sometimes argues for the sake of arguing (even when basically, you're agreeing with him). Even funnier is when he takes the bait every time the words cheat is used...lol :) he'll be back in a few.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

That's why we need him here - I know I need a good laugh every day:)

Once - in response to one of his 'superior intellect' posts I pasted the Wikipedia definition of megalomania and asked him if it resembled anyone he knew?:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

too bad Russ, I'm sure we'll see him back in it at some point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I report him every chance I get. I can't stand the guy. A real big mouth keyboard bully. Obviously many others report him too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Rusty's the best! He sees and remembers details that most don't pick up on. I'm glad he's a Patriots fan and not a fan of another team. I pitty any posters if he picks up that you're troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I report him every chance I get. I can't stand the guy. A real big mouth keyboard bully. Obviously many others report him too.
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

well, he's not that bad.  He's sort of like tequila....best taken with a grain of salt.Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

At least Rusty actually talks football and it's not a constant attack on other users. Sometimes I get a kick out of what he says. Not sure what got him banned though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I like the guy.  Bring him back!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]I like the guy.  Bring him back!
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Why do they keep banning him? Bring him back mods!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I don't get why so many people dislike Rusty so much. The guy is as smart as they come when it comes to sports. Sure, when he gets into arguments he can come off as being a bit egotistic and arrogant but ask yourselves this, is he right most of the time? If you answered no, then you're lying to yourself.

He is consistent. He's been right on a lot of issues that fans have had with BB and the Pats over the past 4 years. If people would stop baiting the guy and actually talk rationally, there wouldn't be much argument. However, I do think he needs to relax a little bit with deeming other posters as 'trolls' if they disagree with him. That's the only issue I have with the guy. Other than that, people need to stop reporting him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Come back Russ!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : Could be - I agree P-Mike - Rusty can be strident at times but he does know football - which puts him far ahead of some of the folks here Banning Patssince 1966 - now that was very necessary
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get why so many people dislike Rusty so much. The guy is as smart as they come when it comes to sports. Sure, when he gets into arguments he can come off as being a bit egotistic and arrogant but ask yourselves this, is he right most of the time? If you answered no, then you're lying to yourself. He is consistent. He's been right on a lot of issues that fans have had with BB and the Pats over the past 4 years. If people would stop baiting the guy and actually talk rationally, there wouldn't be much argument. However, I do think he needs to relax a little bit with deeming other posters as 'trolls' if they disagree with him. That's the only issue I have with the guy. Other than that, people need to stop reporting him.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

So basically if a guy is reported by numerous members on this forum, regardless of what he says, he/she gets banned with no questions asked? That's pretty lame!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Doesn't seem like a bad guy to me, but dude, enough with the 1000+ word posts 25 times a day already. What would you call the posting equivalent of a blowhard? A typehard? Laughing

Of course, Patsfan1966 didn't really bother me either, the troubled old curmudgeon. I always imagined that Dana Carvey character from Saturday Night Live - "In MY day, we didn't HAVE any fancy "zone blitzes"...We just told the middle linebacker to blitz up the middle, and that the way we LIKED it, MORON!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

One thing is a lock....Rusty will be back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]One thing is a lock....Rusty will be back.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

So will '66. Rusty does contribute positively. '66 not so much. A true curmudgeon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think Rusty was getting too close to the truth. The NFL was putting pressure on the  globe to shut him up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Rusty got annoying times, but is pretty knowledgable about football. He made a lot of very valid arguements. PatsFanSince1966 contributed NOTHING.

Sections
Shortcuts