Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Now we just gotta get rid of TexasPat

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

russ shouldn't be banned.  He's not a bad guy, but I am a little disappointed with some of the comments.   

I don't know if he's half as smart as some of you suggest he is.  What he is, is obstinate and a self-promoting cheerleader.  He rarely to never admits being wrong while almost daily reminding everyone about how right he has previously been, although I don't think any of us would know given the volume of his posts. 

The one example that I will always harken back to is when Russ said the patriots media market was smaller than the colts. 

See ya soon Russ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The King was knowledgeable alright but was quick to point out how dumb the rest of you are when you don't agree with his opinion.  I guess alot of you like that.  If so, I say bring him back.

Ofcourse, he'll be back regardless.  Putting up 1000 / 250 word posts in less than a month.  Taking over almost every thread while insulting almost everyone's intelligence in the process.

Yeah, sounds good.  Bring him back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : So basically if a guy is reported by numerous members on this forum, regardless of what he says, he/she gets banned with no questions asked? That's pretty lame!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

I agree - I see alot of Rustys posts - they are all the same - and not ban worthy in my humble estimation

Let's turn this thread into a LET RUSTY BACK IN drive!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]russ shouldn't be banned.  He's not a bad guy, but I am a little disappointed with some of the comments.    I don't know if he's half as smart as some of you suggest he is.  What he is, is obstinate and a self-promoting cheerleader.  He rarely to never admits being wrong while almost daily reminding everyone about how right he has previously been, although I don't think any of us would know given the volume of his posts.  The one example that I will always harken back to is when Russ said the patriots media market was smaller than the colts.  See ya soon Russ.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

'obstinate and a self promoter"

ET TU UD?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I will say this.  As frequently as rusty calls for the banning of so many others while spamming this board with more posts than anyone can imagine, I would love to be a fly on his cubicle right now. 

The guy is likely apoplectic over his current predicament. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

This guy's been banned how many times now?

Seems to me he's doing something wrong.

Maybe he should have put himself on his Top 5 Troll list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : 'obstinate and a self promoter" ET TU UD?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

obstinate is one thing, if you believe something you don't change unless something happens to cause you to change. 

On the other hand, I don't really recall going around daily reminding everyone how right I am and always was.  Certainly there would be some "see I told ya so's".  We all have a bit of that, but not like Russ. 

Q - are you bringing your bandwagon to town?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

King could be overbearing at times.  But if I was bored and wanted to read something substantive about the Patriots his posts were always here.  His opinions were very strong but he went great lengths to back them up.  And as I have said before, I believe he contributed a lot more than he took away.

JMNSHO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : I agree - I see alot of Rustys posts - they are all the same - and not ban worthy in my humble estimation Let's turn this thread into a LET RUSTY BACK IN drive!!
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

I vote yes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]I will say this.  As frequently as rusty calls for the banning of so many others while spamming this board with more posts than anyone can imagine, I would love to be a fly on his cubicle right now.  The guy is likely apoplectic over his current predicament. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD - you must be in politics - you side step and obfuscate with the very best of
    them

Your take on Rusty is entertaining to me - you an alleged Colts fan who postures yourself as the guy who is here to provide rational counter commentary to the irrational Pats fans on a Pats blog -

Is it possible for you to see the irony of that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

As I said it dosen't matter what we vote.  He will be back in yet another incarnation before he's banned again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : obstinate is one thing, if you believe something you don't change unless something happens to cause you to change.  On the other hand, I don't really recall going around daily reminding everyone how right I am and always was.  Certainly there would be some "see I told ya so's".  We all have a bit of that, but not like Russ.  Q - are you bringing your bandwagon to town?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Of course not - there is no way I would pay several thousand dollars of my hard earned money to see a football game worse than I can on my own flat screen - I honestly prefer football games on TV

Now - Red Sox baseball and Bruins hockey - you can't beat those live

And - was there a subtle dig that bandwagon comment?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I don't have any problems with king. I usually agree with what he has to say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I report him every chance I get. I can't stand the guy. A real big mouth keyboard bully. Obviously many others report him too.
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

WoW! Really, how 1st grade of you.

I don't care for Rusty, but going to the teacher and telling? Really? you must be from way outside of Boston

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - I think Rusty got banned -AGAIN : So basically if a guy is reported by numerous members on this forum, regardless of what he says, he/she gets banned with no questions asked? That's pretty lame!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Heck, same way we got our current president, speaking of Lame:)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I think Rusty was getting too close to the truth. The NFL was putting pressure on the  globe to shut him up.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I'm not going to say he doesn't know football , but calling Brandon Meriweather the 2nd best FS in the afc or NFL isn't exactly helping his case as a knowledgeable fan. I honestly won't miss him a bit. I mean how much of a football fan is he when he starts threads like he did yesterday? The guy started a thread complaining about people trolling. Then proceeds to talk about everyone in that same thread. When's he's just talking football he's fine , but we all know he's like a child in terms fighting with people who disagree with him. Calling long time pats fans names isn't cool. You can't debate with guy without him insulting you. When he is wrong he just avoids and deflects , then call you a troll. I'm all set with that bs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I always figured Rusty as a 12 year old "home schooled" (Explains all the time he has) kid with a love for reading the NFL news.

Most likely what happened is 66 got a job and had to stop posting, Rusty went to 66's home cause he was on a roll and wanted to continue the argument he was on and UD6 said that actually banning started in Indy where everything comes from.

Just a guess

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a little confused as to why Rusty keeps getting bounced. I mean, sure, he's antagonistic (and frankly, he spends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time and effort here) but at least he tends to back up his bluster with a modicum of evidence and is not routinely offensive. I think maybe someone in a position of power simply doesn't like his style.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Well, imagine you own the forum.  You want to see as many hits on the pages as possible.  You want to see as many ads clicked as possible.  Now imagine there is someone threatening that.  Your site visits go down.  Your ad click-through rate decreases.  You remove that person, right wrong, or indifferent.

Speaking only for myself, I get tired of seeing all of the threads turning into the same old arguments between the same old people.  I can tell you that I have cut back on my participation here quite a bit at times solely because it's no longer fun reading the same arguments between the same people.  When users start creating threads just to call others trolls....well that is probably an indicator that it is time for a reset.

Rusty isn't a troll.  He writes some good stuff at times.  I suspect he gets banned because the mods aren't going to let their forums become a personal podium between a few people to argue back and forth on every thread.

Anyway, he'll come back.  It will be mellow for a while.  And then the bickering will slowly escalate until the cycle is repeated once again...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Alas, poor Rusty, we knew him well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]I always figured Rusty as a 12 year old "home schooled" (Explains all the time he has) kid with a love for reading the NFL news. Most likely what happened is 66 got a job and had to stop posting, Rusty went to 66's home cause he was on a roll and wanted to continue the argument he was on and UD6 said that actually banning started in Indy where everything comes from. Just a guess
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

The UD comment here is hilarious:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

as he faded away this is all I heard......(Terminator Voice)," I'LL BE BACK".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

why?

Sections
Shortcuts