Hey BB the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Hey BB the GM

Start drafting in  7th round instead of 2nd and 3rd rounders.  You can trade away 2nd and 3rd rounders for NFL guys from other teams. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Hey BB the GM

Seriously, BB fielded a great team this year, but the QB play has cost us our 2 losses. Stop blaming BB, he came into the season thinking he has Tom Brady at QB. Hasn't been Tom Brady all season, sans the final drive of the Saints game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Seriously, BB fielded a great team this year, but the QB play has cost us our 2 losses. Stop blaming BB, he came into the season thinking he has Tom Brady at QB. Hasn't been Tom Brady all season, sans the final drive of the Saints game.

Brady was pretty good against Atlanta and Tampa Bay also and he had last minute drive to win against Buffalo. He is having his worst season by far and they are still in first with two close losses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's not an either/or. 

Brady has not played well in several games that's for sure. 

But: "Seriously, BB fielded a great team this year,"

You're kidding right? The offense around Brady is a shell of rookies and those who have not been able to get on the field. Welker would have come in handy today for example.

I agree BB tried to field a great defense but too many injuries etc. That was not a great defense on the field today. 

I'm baffled by those who want to point blame on one person when it's bloody obvious the franchise has many folks who are accountable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't think this thread was started as a BB vs. Brady who has 'hurt the team more' conversation.

I think it was meant to point out that Bill has made some solid 7th rd and UDFA pickups in recent years, as opposed to some MAJOR whiffs in rd 2-3 and that it really wouldn't hurt to trade BOTH our 2nd and 3rd rd picks in this draft for some veteran help this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would the Browns give us Josh Gordon, Craig Robertson and Phil Taylor for Ryan Mallett, Josh Boyce, Jake Bequette and our picks in round 2 and 3?

Cuz I sure would do that trade;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to SANPAT's comment:

Start drafting in  7th round instead of 2nd and 3rd rounders.  You can trade away 2nd and 3rd rounders for NFL guys from other teams. 

Dude, Brady has sucked so far. Deal with it.

Could you imagine the great QB's in NFL history having these scrubs as wr's?  Nope!  What great team would stick their HOF'er with trash like this?  The times Brady had time to throw today he couldn't find anyone open.  I tell you, I have never seen a weaker group of receivers ever on a team that is supposed to be one of the better teams in the game.  In years to come we we will look back on this team and think what the F was Bill thinking?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I don't think this thread was started as a BB vs. Brady who has 'hurt the team more' conversation.

I think it was meant to point out that Bill has made some solid 7th rd and UDFA pickups in recent years, as opposed to some MAJOR whiffs in rd 2-3 and that it really wouldn't hurt to trade BOTH our 2nd and 3rd rd picks in this draft for some veteran help this year

THANK YOU.  Exactly why I started the thread...think about how good this team will be with veterans brought in exchange for 2nd & 3rd rounder picks.  And we can get UDFAs and 7th rounders that are the right fit for BB system.

BB has a knack for identifying these low rounders and making them adjust to the team needs.  Depth can be built this way as well!

why are we arguing TB vs BB?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

QB= Lambourgini

WR=Chevy

D=Ford

BB-Brady=9 wins a year

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

QB= Lambourgini

WR=Chevy

D=Ford

BB-Brady=9 wins a year

Cool

Second rd next yr for hakeem nicks.  Ur season is over anyways.  Win win situation.  What say?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Could you imagine the great QB's in NFL history having these scrubs as wr's?  Nope!  What great team would stick their HOF'er with trash like this?  The times Brady had time to throw today he couldn't find anyone open.  I tell you, I have never seen a weaker group of receivers ever on a team that is supposed to be one of the better teams in the game.  In years to come we we will look back on this team and think what the F was Bill thinking?

Good post. Blaming TB for the 2 losses is ludicrous. It's an embarassment how BB has over-relied on Brady and surrounded him with one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL. I would love to see Gomer struggling with the receivers TB has had this year. And conversely. Does anyone think TB woud be struggling this season if he had all the weapons Gomer has ?   Breaking News !  Tom Brady is not some super hero. All the elite QB's would be struggling if they had the receivers TB has had this year. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Amazing how some posters on this board don't get this and just blame Brady for everything.  Giving Brady these WR's too work with is a disgrace.

Irony is killing me.  Brady restructured his contract in off season so they would bring or retain some talent.  I never thought I would say this but I even miss woodhead! Lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

Good post. Blaming TB for the 2 losses is ludicrous. It's an embarassment how BB has over-relied on Brady and surrounded him with one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL. I would love to see Gomer struggling with the receivers TB has had this year. And conversely. Does anyone think TB woud be struggling this season if he had all the weapons Gomer has ?   Breaking News !  Tom Brady is not some super hero. All the elite QB's would be struggling if they had the receivers TB has had this year. 

Yup.  Did u see how gomer KEYED ON WELKER  in the last drive ?  denver is loaded snd gomer still kept going to 83!! only to have it fumblem by the RB which is besides the point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I feel the amazing part is that no one is pointing the finger at the OL...the OL has been playing poorly, specifically Connolly and Wendell, and Solder has had a couple of stinkers as well. Does BB shuffle the line allowing Svitek and Cannon to grab more snaps?

The criticism of TB is that he is not the same QB when he feels pressure. It is the job of the OL to keep TB comfortable....

I watched the TV tape this morning of the game, and when TB did have planty of time, we was sitting on the ball, sitting, sitting, waiting for a WR to break open. Most of the time, they never did...

Granted, TB did not play his best game...but the blame goes to the entire offense, starting with the OL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I feel the amazing part is that no one is pointing the finger at the OL...the OL has been playing poorly, specifically Connolly and Wendell, and Solder has had a couple of stinkers as well. Does BB shuffle the line allowing Svitek and Cannon to grab more snaps?

The criticism of TB is that he is not the same QB when he feels pressure. It is the job of the OL to keep TB comfortable....

I watched the TV tape this morning of the game, and when TB did have planty of time, we was sitting on the ball, sitting, sitting, waiting for a WR to break open. Most of the time, they never did...

Granted, TB did not play his best game...but the blame goes to the entire offense, starting with the OL

You must have skipped my posts where I say the Patriots O line was terrible yesterday.  Finally when he did have time to find receivers there were not any open.  There was a time or two he could have ran for a chunk of yards but he has no wheels.  Probably his biggest flaw.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

THANK YOU.  Exactly why I started the thread...think about how good this team will be with veterans brought in exchange for 2nd & 3rd rounder picks.  And we can get UDFAs and 7th rounders that are the right fit for BB system.

BB has a knack for identifying these low rounders and making them adjust to the team needs.  Depth can be built this way as well!

why are we arguing TB vs BB?

We aren't. Rusty started it because that's his natural deflection mechanism. a honest point, he sees as an attack on the person he worships, so given most of us like Brady (and can be objective and see bradys faults unlike Russ with bb), Russ goes on attack mode. It's at a point where he has become Pavlovian. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

You must have skipped my posts where I say the Patriots O line was terrible yesterday.  Finally when he did have time to find receivers there were not any open.  There was a time or two he could have ran for a chunk of yards but he has no wheels.  Probably his biggest flaw.

sorry, I did not see your posts...been crazy busy with the WS...glad some one else is seeing the issues with the OL...went from top 3 OL's last year to really a big question mark this year. at times dominant, mostly average however...big $$$ decision coming with Wendell and Connolly...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

BB at fault, Brady at fault, Oline at fault, dumb WRs at fault, injuries at fault, biased league and referees at fault.  Despite all these faults, we're still in good shape at 5-2. There are probably 2 to 3 more losses the rest of the way which will have the team finish at 12-4 or 11-5, still good enough to win AFC East.  With a little luck, it may mean a bye for the wild-card round.  Beyond that, success will depend upon several things:

1. As Wozzy put it quite eloquently on another post, the team needs a capable DT to improve the run defense.  A major part of yesterday's debacle was the inability to stop the run which allowed the Jets to chew up the play clock which kept the NE offense on the sidelines for more than 2/3rd of the game!

2. Brady simply has to get better.  He has played very inconsistently, almost as if his focus wavers on some Sundays; perhaps, Giselle has planned some family events that he's missing!  His decision-making and execution were poor yesterday as well as in the Bengals game.  He zeroes in on a binky and does not let go - we see this too often.  He overthrows and underthrows a lot, especially on the sideline routes.  It looks like he has lost the deep ball ability despite having some speedsters on the roster.  Yeah, yeah, his rookie WRs drop the ball at times but that's no excuse.  Besides, they have been playing better, Brady has not.

3. Having said that, we still need Brady to win out.  With Kelly, Talib, Amendola and Vereen returning within a few weeks and Gronk on board, Brady will have more defensive and offensive help.  Anyone having a Mallett fantasy should continue to dream because this team will only go as far as Brady can take it.

Red Sox 2013 ALCS Champion, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LMAO@U Your boy BB the GM has really sucked the big one on the receivers this time dumbkoff.

Your stupid spin won't change that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

2. Brady simply has to get better.  He has played very inconsistently,

He's not going to be making up for all the other deficiencies of this team this time around. So sorry. The party is over.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bottom line is we have wasted opportunity, after oppurrunity to improve the team during free agency, too much over the last three years. I swear to god the team must have a sign that reads, "wait till next year" in their draft room, because that is the way they've approached it...next year we'll get that guy, next year we'll spend to the cap, next year we'll be aggressive in the draft, next year we'll sign that big defensive lineman to help Vince...well next has passed us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Well we saw what happened in 2006 when you take away all of HOF QB's weapons, and ask him to perform to the norm. We have given Brady water, and asked him to make wine. With that said I agree he has not played well even with his limited talent due to injury.

I would like to see Ridley get 20 touches a game, and sure would like to see Boyce get a few shots as obviously KT and Dobson are still having trouble figuring out what must be the most complicated system in NFL history?!?!?!

I mean 7x pro bowl chad Johnson caught 18.4 ypc with us, meaning he obviously still  had talent but couldn't crack the line up. There is a problem in N.E, I don't think it is Brady, but something is certainly wrong, fundementally with the offense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots are among the best teams every year. This year is no different.

Sections
Shortcuts