hey BILL...! Move mccourty back to SAFETY...!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

hey BILL...! Move mccourty back to SAFETY...!

It's so obvious , should have been done already . Total no-brainer.

tried him out last year . Solves 2 problems:

1. Sucks at corner , doesn't turn around. Better with play in front of him.  Dennard is better option.

2. Everyone else sucks at safety, will at least use closing speed to make plays .

This game was last straw, IMO.  PLAN B. DO IT NOW.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: hey BILL...! Move mccourty back to SAFETY...!

Can someone give a reasonable explanation why not to make this move...?

I was at buffalo game last December .  He looked comfortable in that position and almost took a pick back to the house.  That was the best the defense looked all year IMO.  Mccourty just seems too passive at corner where aggression is at a premium .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was at buffalo game last December .  He looked comfortable in that position and almost took a pick back to the house.  That was the best the defense looked all year IMO.  Mccourty just seems too passive at corner where aggression is at a premium .

[/QUOTE]

Might have to with both *starting* safeties injured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Might have to with

both *starting* safeties injured.

[/QUOTE]

not sure if Chung is out ...or what the deal is with Gregory .

Another thing... With new rules preventing big hits in the secondary,  skinny fast guys with ball skills make more sense at safety...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Is it bad bad that I think we might be better off with Chung and Gregoory out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Totally Agree, I think McCourty simply sees the field better at the Safety spot instead.  It was clear last year when they slid him over.  I heard they were playing S. Moore at some safety too...

Someone needs to light some fire under Rasi Dowling butt!  He needs to step up....

Regardless of our Defensive Backfield, the Pats Need to DIAL it up ALOT more than what they are doing to HELP out the Secondary....to me, opposing QBs have WAY too much time to survey the field.  They need to put MORE pressure on QBs....This will help out the DBs as well!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Safety is your final line of defense. Hence the name...safety.  as in safe against disaster... ( Like we saw last week)

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE LEADING ... you need your best player back there playing center field . somehow I can't see MCC getting burned over the top ...

also , a fast guy can sucker a QB into making a throw then close on the ball.  Ed rreed was the master ... Just hang back and dare them to throw deep. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

I agree, the pats secondary works better when McCourty is at safety!

While they (the Pats admin) are at it, they should consider getting help for the incompetent db coaching. There is no way that every person that they draft in the secondary sux. It seems bringing in defensive backs that come "already trained" from other NFL teams work better than "home-growing" first and second rounders

Go Figure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree, the pats secondary works better when McCourty is at safety!

While they (the Pats admin) are at it, they should consider getting help for the incompetent db coaching. There is no way that every person that they draft in the secondary sux. It seems bringing in defensive backs that come "already trained" from other NFL teams work better than "home-growing" first and second rounders

Go Figure

[/QUOTE]

agree...  both Patricia and db-guy need a slap.  also BB who oversees everything .  This defies explanation if you accept the genius label ...

It's possible the D is too vanilla and predictable .

Sections
Shortcuts