Hey Fellas!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCRich. Show BDCRich's posts

Re: Hey Fellas!

If anyone has questions and/or concerns, please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer and address!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Hmmm, interesting. A monitor joins the forum at 8:22 P.M. on New Years eve.  Let's just say that i'm skeptical.  Proof is in the pudding, it will be interesting to see if things are cleaned up or not during the next two weeks :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BDCRich's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anyone has questions and/or concerns, please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer and address!

[/QUOTE]

Do you think the Patriots should.........

Can we please pay Wes now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hi Rich, are you sure your not Dottie wearing a fake mustache?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCRich. Show BDCRich's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you think the Patriots should.........

Can we please pay Wes now?

[/QUOTE]

I love Wes -- such a fighter and competitor. Would love to see him stick around, but I also realize that the team has other needs to address, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If the money is there, I'm keeping Wes around, but I'm not breaking the bank for him.

Thank goodness I don't have to make these decisions for a living!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCRich. Show BDCRich's posts

[QUOTE]

Hi Rich, are you sure your not Dottie wearing a fake mustache?

[/QUOTE]

No, no. Haha. 

Funny you'd say that though, as I do have a moustache... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. Fellas? That's all you could come up with? Fellas

How about Gents or gentleman for us manly types

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey Rich, before I go ring in the New Year I gotta ask.... Is your favorite team the Patriots and have you been checking this forum out much before now?

Gotta run! Cheers!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCRich. Show BDCRich's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL. Fellas? That's all you could come up with? Fellas

How about Gents or gentleman for us manly types

[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to refer to you as a "Kansas Gentleman" from here on out! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCRich. Show BDCRich's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Rich, before I go ring in the New Year I gotta ask.... Is your favorite team the Patriots and have you been checking this forum out much before now?

Gotta run! Cheers!!

[/QUOTE]

Avid Boston sports fan -- a particularly big Pats fan. 

I've been buzzing around the forums a bit, checking out threads here and there, trying to get acclimated to my new home. Haven't been around for too long, though.

I've got to run myself. 

I'll be around later this evening to answer any more questions. Have a great New Year, everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Boy you got your work cut out for you. Being I'm not your boss how about a suggestion... Give some of the functionality back. The ignore button, spell check etc. at least what it was before.  Dottie had mentioned that there was a trip to Hawaii for the knockout pool winner.  Thats NOISE this year. Welcome. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey there everyone, this is Rich. I've been employed by the Boston Globe for about a month now, and I'm happy to announce that I have recently been assigned to monitor the Patriots (On the front burner) forum. 

The staff had been getting numerous complaints with regards to a handful of posters, and the decision was made to increase the moderation on this forum.

I don't want to be overbearing and therefore I'll try to be as hands off as possible, however I think there are a number of things that need to be established going forward.

First and foremost, no personal attacks. We can all have a civil discussion here without the use of insults or attacks on others. It's fine to disagree, but keep the mean-spirited barbs out of the discussion.

Let's also try to keep discussions on topic. There's no need for a thread regarding the Patriots pass-defense to devolve into a discussion of Tom Brady's wife (although she is very attractive -- Don't tell my wife I said that!).

With regards to posters who appear to support another team, we'll deal with those as we go. We won't be removing them from the forum simply because they're a fan of another team, however if they're particularly disruptive, we'll hand them their pink slip.

That covers the essentials. If we need to put in place more regulations, and/or lay out a more comprehensive infraction/disciplinary document, we'll deal with that in the future.

I look forward to working with you guys, and hope to see some great discussions involving the Patriots.

Thanks a bunch guys!

[/QUOTE]

So are you only policing this forum or will you be taking a look at the Celtics forum also. It's a lot worse over there in regards to guest. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rich, welcome. 

Could you get BDC Dottie to validate your presence please? We've never had an active moderator in here and I am a bit surprised by this development - though I could see it working out well. It would help with your credibility if BDC Dottie can vouch for you here and formally introduce you. 

Otherwise we are left to wonder if one of the clever regulars didn't set up the account, it would be easy to do. 

With all due respect as valuable as a moderator could be to this forum restoring the functionality that was lost is perhaps even more important so I hope that this is in the budget also. The lack of ignore, the mess of the reply function - those are just two of the issues that present a problem. 

"First and foremost, no personal attacks"

If you can enforce that this forum would definitely be a lot better place. 

p.s. as Rodimus says the Celts forum is much more of a mess than this one. The Red Sox forum could use a bit more active moderation as well, the problem in that forum is a bit different but I can elaborate once you let us know what the moderation plans are across the forums here.

thx. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy you got your work cut out for you. Being I'm not your boss how about a suggestion... Give some of the functionality back. The ignore button, spell check etc. at least what it was before.  Dottie had mentioned that there was a trip to Hawaii for the knockout pool winner.  Thats NOISE this year. Welcome. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Sorry about the skepticism, but if you are an employee of  the Globe,could you possibly give us a sign?Something like having this thread posted at the top of the forum would convince me.That shouldn't be too hard.

Nothing personal mind you,but there's some in these threads who try to pass themselves off as someone they're not.If I'm wrong about my skepticism,I apologize in advance.

If I'm right,ha-ha,nice try.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry about the skepticism, but if you are an employee of  the Globe,could you possibly give us a sign?Something like having this thread posted at the top of the forum would convince me.That shouldn't be too hard.

Nothing personal mind you,but there's some in these threads who try to pass themselves off as someone they're not.If I'm wrong about my skepticism,I apologize in advance.

If I'm right,ha-ha,nice try.

[/QUOTE]

*whispers*.  if you post it.   They will come. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Rich.   If your going to give us a sign don't bother sending the 3 wise men.     Their already here.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You would think a big announcement from the new mod would merit at least a sticky, eh?

As it stands this is nothing more than anybody could do who just made a new account.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"As it stands this is nothing more than anybody could do who just made a new account."

Yup - and the timing is odd doing it on New Year's Eve. If I were going to play a joke and do something like this I'd do it on a day like this knowing the full time BDC staff is nowhere near the forum software for a couple days. :) 

It's also odd with the challenges in online revenue that the BDC would dedicate a moderator to a forum they don't monetize in any direct way. 

But - BDC Rich if you are for real then welcome and please show us a couple of signs that only someone connected to the BDC could actually do...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"As it stands this is nothing more than anybody could do who just made a new account."

Yup - and the timing is odd doing it on New Year's Eve. If I were going to play a joke and do something like this I'd do it on a day like this knowing the full time BDC staff is nowhere near the forum software for a couple days. :) 

It's also odd with the challenges in online revenue that the BDC would dedicate a moderator to a forum they don't monetize in any direct way. 

But - BDC Rich if you are for real then welcome and please show us a couple of signs that only someone connected to the BDC could actually do...

[/QUOTE]

You mean like make sticky his big announcement?

Maybe he only has the power to give out pink slips but not to make a sticky. Heh heh heh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

You don't get Red fonts and sticky ability till you been with BDC for at least 6 months.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You don't get Red fonts and sticky ability till you been with BDC for at least 6 months" 

:)

But starting his job on New Year's Eve and all maybe they will cut it to three months on the red fonts. 

"You mean like make sticky his big announcement?"

Yeah or put a column together of all of Rusty's posts and splash it on the front page of Boston.com. 

"What I think of Brady's 'washers" by Clark Grizzly on the front of the Pats section would prove it for me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well if I were the new mod of this forum and wanted to make the official announcement of that I certainly would make the subject title, "Hey Fellas!".

I mean, something like "New changes to forum moderation" would be so inappropriate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Thanks, Rich.

Glad you are here! Have a Happy New Year!