Hey Fellas!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Hey Fellas!

Don't ban me until I reach 5,000 posts...please? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dudes pretty sure "BDCRich" is a fake. He deleted his detailed original post explaining general policies (which also mentioned he was returning tonight - so he did return, but only to delete his introductory post). 

Six months ago this prank might have worked better but we're too jaded from the transition to the (ahem) new forum so it's hard to pull off the idea that the BDC is investing in this place. 

Credit for trying. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow if this is a fake out then it was masterfully done.  I bet it was the mustache     Are you really Jim Thurber ?   Why weren't you BDCJim?    Yes that would have revealed your secret identy.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmmm, interesting. A monitor joins the forum at 8:22 P.M. on New Years eve.  Let's just say that i'm skeptical.  Proof is in the pudding, it will be interesting to see if things are cleaned up or not during the next two weeks :)

[/QUOTE]

And only posts and monitors the Patriots forum.  I guess Boston.com is going to hire another hundred employees to monitor the other forums since they have som much money to burn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"And only posts and monitors the Patriots forum.  I guess Boston.com is going to hire another hundred employees to monitor the other forums since they have som much money to burn."

Right - a dead giveaway right there. If I'm Boston.com I have one person who half keeps an eye on all the forums. A dedicated person on this forum makes no financial sense. 

BDCfella - since the jig is up you may as well tell us which regular you really are and get the credit for a clever spoof.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well if I were the new mod of this forum and wanted to make the official announcement of that I certainly would make the subject title, "Hey Fellas!".

I mean, something like "New changes to forum moderation" would be so inappropriate.

[/QUOTE]

LOL. yeah. i  laughed when I saw that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Was just trying to keep things light and have a bit of fun. Happy to see I fooled a few of you all. Looks like the majority were wise to the joke, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

And for a moment there was hope.    The Celtic forum guy will be bummed 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:

Was just trying to keep things light and have a bit of fun. Happy to see I fooled a few of you all. Looks like the majority were wise to the joke, though.

It's been so long since we've heard anything from Dottie or seen any improvements on the board I think that we all really wanted to believe some progress was being made.

Good one!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Christ vertigho this kind of reminds of that scene in Jaws when the little kids swam around with the fin attatched to their backs and the coast guard pulls them out of the water and they we were like...we're sorry, what??!! What did we do?!

Hillarious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This was posted on the Red Sox Board. I guess the 5 know-it-alls and 5 whiners who frequent that board are more important then us here.

Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

posted at 12/20/2012 05:16:02 EST

• BDCDottie
    • First: 05/29/2008
    • Last: 12/20/2012

Please report any issues or ask any questions you have about the forums here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/150/640

And FYI, Last Read Post, Ignore This User, the ability to post images, emoticons, etc. - in other words, all the features you had before - are on their way. As each one is added back, I'll let you know, although you'll probably notice right away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is hilarious. Who would even believe this?  All of a sudden, BDC is going to make sense with how they censor and ban people?

[/QUOTE]

i agree...if they did u would've been permanently banned ages ago  :  )

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Projection is an interesting phenomenon to behold.  

Happy New Year to all; may it be great for you!

Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha..had me going, Vertigho! Nice one!

Did write Dottie last night to be sure, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

It's pretty sad you did that on New Year's Eve. Maybe you should focus on using this board for what it's intended for. You never use the board to dicuss the Pats.Stop being so insecure.

Oh, please. There's room for a little humor in this forum. What a drear place this would be if there wasnt

Funny idea and pretty well executed too IMO

He made "Rich" sound just dull enough to qualify as an actual mod around here LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

This was posted on the Red Sox Board. I guess the 5 know-it-alls and 5 whiners who frequent that board are more important then us here.

Dottie hasnt posted anything in this forum since 9/18/12 or 105 days ago

On 12/27, the 100 day anniversary of he last appearance here, I wanted to make mention of her absence, but I guess I forgot

Oops!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

nowadays the term fellas is more associated with men who are tinkerbells

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This was posted on the Red Sox Board. I guess the 5 know-it-alls and 5 whiners who frequent that board are more important then us here."

Ha yeah well I wouldn't hold my breath on improvements of any kind in the forums, I think what we have is what we're going to have. 

Vertigho nice try man, cleverly done. Rusty is right that we don't want the board filled with off topic stuff but a wacky thread on New Year's eve was ok by me...

Now, back to football. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. I should add that "BDCRich's" analysis of what ails this forum was spot on. We could all do without the name calling and personal attacks. On most issues there is more than one valid point of view so the idea that anyone who disagrees with you is a conformist, troll, or idiot is very tiring and there is no reason why this forum couldn't have the same kind of spirited debate and be a heck of a lot more civil. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

nowadays the term fellas is more associated with men who are tinkerbells

Oh, yeah? Brady uses it on the sidelines imploring the troops all the time

"Good job, fellas. Way to go, fellas. Keep it goin', fellas"

That sort of thing

You think TB is suggesting the guys on the offensive line are "tinkerbells"?

Sections
Shortcuts