Hey how about Maroney and 4th for Marian Barber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Hey how about Maroney and 4th for Marian Barber

why would they trade a star RB for a underachiever and a 4th?  It would take LM a high 2nd (maybe even a 1st) and a few other pics even with Barbers history of missing a few games a season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

In Response to Re: Hey how about Maroney and 4th for Marian Barber:
    why would they trade a star RB for a underachiever and a 4th?  It would take LM a high 2nd (maybe even a 1st) and a few other pics even with Barbers history of missing a few games a season.
    Posted by Pats7393

Pats7393- I thought the same thing when I heard he was on the trading block, but it turns out Barber also has been dissapointing over the last several years, which is why they are considering trading him and having Felix Jones as the starter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Hey how about Maroney and 4th for Marian Barber

BB gets a tough skilled back that despite falling out of favor with Dallas has a lot of potential to be a star back and still has a LOT of football left in him.

Thoughts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Yes, then let's trade Matthew Slater and a 5th for Devin Hester.  After that, we can trade Pierre Woods and a 6th for Demarcus Ware, then we'll be all set.

Point is, whatever issues Barber has in Dallas, he's a 26 year old extremely productive running back, and we can't pick him up for scraps.  They will want a top pick for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't think Dallas would do that but if I could get Barber for a #2 I'd do it in a heart beat. He's proven himself to be a steam roller and I believe he is still only 26 years old. Anyone we draft will be a bigger risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

He's lost a lot, aged as a RB I guess.  He isn't the same RB he was when he played against the Pats a couple of years ago.  You wouldn't be happy with Barber if he became a Pat I can tell you that.  Dallas would jump all over that trade btw.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

He's lost a lot, aged as a RB I guess.  He isn't the same RB he was when he played against the Pats a couple of years ago.  You wouldn't be happy with Barber if he became a Pat I can tell you that.  Dallas would jump all over that trade btw.
    Posted by garytx

Barber RAISED his career yards per carry last year by carrying 214 times for 932 yards and 7 TD despite sharing carries.  He is 26 years old and has never had a season in which he has been overworked.  At least 10 teams would happily give up much more than a mediocre back with one year left on his deal and a mediocre draft pick. Felix Jones is a beast so it makes sense to start him but Barber would be huge for a lot of teams in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

if dallas were to dispatch a RB then they wouldnt want another RB, they have enough RB depth.... they would probably want a safety or O lineman... or kicker

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Posted by garytx

Agreed.  I live here in the DFW area.  There's talk that MB is already beginning to break down.  He can't stay healthy for an entire season despite his age.  Why trade an injury plagued running back for another injury plagued running back?  Makes no sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Stop already with the trade dreams! The patriots aren't in the need for a RB they have 5 of them already. Think draft and I'm sure one will fall to the 6th round. Barber is nothing more than a really big back with injury issues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Your dreaming....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

People are thinking about what he use to be not what he is now... I don't think I'd do the deal there is more upside with Maroney then with Barber.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

[QUOTE]why would they trade a star RB for a underachiever and a 4th?  It would take LM a high 2nd (maybe even a 1st) and a few other pics even with Barbers history of missing a few games a season.
    Posted by Pats7393

The fact is they dont believe he is a star. They like Felix Jones much more than Barber, and even Tashard Choice. But I'm not sure how they feel about Maroney.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would not give the Cowboys anything 1st or 2nd round for him. They WANT to trade him, and I don't think the market is huge for his services. Therefore, possibly give them a package of later round picks and AD if that would fly.

I think it is intriguing reuniting Barber and Maroney. Could this have a positive impact on Maroney's game?...they shared carries in college and were a good team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Please tell me why the Patriots would even consider this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

This post is one of the reasons I don't take the front burner seriously anymore. Some of the ideas and  comments are beyond ridiculous and don't make sense. Its a good thing the Patriots have BB and the Kraft family running this organization.  Otherwise, we would surely be run into the ground if we had some of our so called fans running the organization!
    Posted by mojopats

Why would you even think that? It is like thanking God because your car was made by an automobile manufacturer rather than a guy who likes to watch cars drive-by on the highway.

But your point was right. Just because it is that time of the year, people come out with really ridiculous trade ideas. I have been waiting for a thread with the title "Maroney and picks for Peterson". Now that would be fun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Get Barber and keep Maroney. It can be like their heydey as backfield mates with the Gophers of Minnesota when they both rushed for 1,000 yards each for 2 consecutive years.
    Barber was actually more the bruiser and Maroney the speedy slasher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Yeah, we'll have six running backs and no pass rush.  Sweet! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

People are thinking about what he use to be not what he is now... I don't think I'd do the deal there is more upside with Maroney then with Barber.
    Posted by DaBlade

Well said.  This guy is done.  I actually liked the way Maroney was running last season except for the fumbles which can be corrected.   Maroney doesn't have the mileage that Barber has either. 

Sections
Shortcuts