Hey jints, what up with this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey jints, what up with this?

Justin Tuck says Giants’ offer was “disrespectful”

What is goin' on? I thought only the Pats were cheap and lowballed loyal players????

(got to call you on this one because you bring it up a lot.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/justin-tuck-says-giants-offer-was-disrespectful/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Hey jints, what up with this?

Isn' when people talk about cheap? I mean there is a salary cap. We are paying essentially the same as everyone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Jints will spin this in a way that puts the Gi Aints in a perfect light

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Justin Tuck says Giants’ offer was “disrespectful”

What is goin' on? I thought only the Pats were cheap and lowballed loyal players????

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/justin-tuck-says-giants-offer-was-disrespectful/

CALLING ALL TROLLS...

CALLING ALL TROLLS...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't follow most Giants quotes, although I remember "I smell the blood of an Englishman."  What's up with that?  Reverse racism?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]Justin Tuck says Giants’ offer was “disrespectful”

[/QUOTE]

Hello Babe!

Pats are cheap and lowball players - you know that

Giants are certainly conservative and always were-old money-but can't put them in Pats league...besides Babe to be fair (and i know you are - not like some here) here are the two biggest differences between me and the average Patsies fan:

1. I don't have a problem at all with Tuck feeling that way and saying it as opposed to Pats fans who think it's treasonous to even consider feeling that and players should pay the Pats for the priviledge of playing here

2. I also will say it when the Giants are too tight/cheap/misguided/not loyal...Heaven forbid most here say "you know what (insert former pat from last dozen plus years) is right, Pats did disrespect him and that offer is cheap and he should leave"

I think the Giants offer was fair all things considered but have no problem with Tuck feeling differently and verbalizing it publically

and he was a great Giant on and off the field so I (and my fellow Big Blue Fanatics) wish him well-he deserves that

that's another difference: i don't see too many of ur fellow Pats fans wishing anyone who leaves well or good luck or thanking them - most throw venom and personal attacks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I believe a player will always say a team is being disrespectful with their offer when it does rise to the level the player perceives to be their worth.  The player shoots high and missed, the team shoots low and misses, then out of nowhere someone is hit and we hear of a signing with the old team, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello Babe!

Giants are certainly conservative and always were-old money-but can't put them in Pats league...besides Babe to be fair (and i know you are - not like some here) here are the two biggest differences between me and the average Patsies fan:

1. I don't have a problem at all with Tuck feeling that way and saying it as opposed to Pats fans who think it's treasonous to even consider feeling that and players should pay the Pats for the priviledge of playing here

2. I also will say it when the Giants are too tight/cheap/misguided/not loyal...Heaven forbid most here say "you know what (insert former pat from last dozen plus years) is right, Pats did disrespect him and that offer is cheap and he should leave"

I think the Giants offer was fair all things considered but have no problem with Tuck feeling differently and verbalizing it publically

and he was a great Giant on and off the field so I (and my fellow Big Blue Fanatics) wish him well-he deserves that

that's another difference: i don't see too many of ur fellow Pats fans wishing anyone who leaves well or good luck or thanking them - most throw venom and personal attacks

[/QUOTE]

Not true. Sure, a few who post here are that way, but the majority are grateful and appreciative.

And if not for venom and personal attacks... just why are you here?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats are cheap

[/QUOTE]

How long are you going to continue to spread this lie... You want to debate how they spent the money fine... stop lying bout something that isn't  true.

To prove that point, let's get right to the bottom-line financial numbers.

In 2013, the NFL salary cap was set at $123 million. The Patriots' cash spending, according to sources not affiliated with the Patriots who track figures for all NFL clubs, was $129,656,000.

In 2012, when the NFL salary cap was set at $120.6 million, the Patriots' cash spending was about $168 million.

In 2011, with a salary cap of $120 million, the team's cash spending was around $130 million.

And in the 2010 uncapped year, the Patriots' cash spending was $151 million.

For the '10 and '12 seasons, the Patriots ranked second among all NFL teams in terms of spending cash, according to the independent data.

So the Patriots are spending. In recent years, they just aren't getting as much bang for the free-agent buck, and that is where the root of any criticism is more fairly placed.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10586646/new-england-patriots-spent-free-agents-not-wisely

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"and he was a great Giant on and off the field so I (and my fellow Big Blue Fanatics) wish him well-he deserves that"

Oh please, spare us the sanctimonious "our fans are classier than your fans BS. What a load of drivel. Fans everywhere are fans. No one is better or worse in that regard. 

In just a few secons on a Giants board I saw tons of comments on Tuck along these lines: 

"Tell Tuck to shut up and go tell the Raiders he dont feel like playing hes tired of football dont forget to pay me.lmao"

"Not me good move by the NYG wont have to put up with all his yapping."

"they offered the kid who failed his physical more.... to me that is a slap in the face"

"This is what change looks like. It hurts but I think it's necessary"

and

"Everyone was sick of his **** for the better part of three seasons. Through 2011-2013 he was invisible on the field and sulking on the sidelines most of the time."

LMAO

These hard feelings are totally understandable but don't play the BS "Our fans are so classy" junk anymore. And you - as a Giants fan - don't hang out in the Pats forum because you are classy - actually the opposite.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello Babe!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are trolls, Jints.  You should know this; you've whined about it often enough.  Maybe you should try reading other people's posts now and then before you lash out at everyone on the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello Babe!

[/QUOTE]
    Most definetly not true. I don't think any less of VW or JE if they end up going somewhere else. I most definetly thank them for all their contributions. However I have a real problem when a player leaves and he throws darts back at his former club such as what spikes, talib and welker have done recently.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

most.

Good for Talib on getting the $.

Good for VW when he signs somewhere else (assuming)

Good for Spikes going w Pepper to Buffalo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rappaport reports that D. Rodgers-Cromartie headed back east to NY/NJ to talk to the NY Football Giants, not the Jets...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello Babe!

[/QUOTE]

I don't recall your admonishments being about the fans but rather about the team itself. Perhaps the intent of that was to tweak the fans because of their outlook. Just rattling your cage on this anyway, jints.

As far as me, I would be twice as ruthless as either the Pats or Giants. I have ZERO sympathy for these multimillionaire players and their whiney complaints about "respect" vs "money". Screw them and the horse they rode in on. I never see the guys making the good money lifting a finger to improve the lot of the marginal guys. The team is responsible to the fans to put the best product they can on the field. That's the bottom line. If a guy who has made millions from the fans money gets his feathers ruffled because he isn't the player he used to be, TFB for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats are cheap

[/QUOTE]

I address these other two points separately.

The Pats can't be cheap. They spend very close to the cap virtually every year. Now BB may spend it poorly on scrubs he finds in the dumpster too often, but that's not being cheap. That's being stupid.

And there are plenty of fans that wish players well when they leave. Me, not so much. Mostly I don't care about them one way or the other. In the case of a longtime contributor that leaves without being anal about it, I do appreciate. And I really don't wish ill on any of them.