Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking more like a guard)).

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Hey MB, higher pri...

of course the season, including season's end, will help determine this, but best assessments now.
    and when you gonna start your thread?
    peace brah.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking ...

Defensive tackle, no question.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking ...

I can see our 1st 4 picks including an OT, DT, OC, WR, with the order being determined by which of those has the best talent at each pick and overall depth of the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That's a good question. I guess it really depends on how they feel about Wendell, McDonald, and Cannon. Also don't forget about Zusevics.

For RT - if Vollmer gets healthy then he's the RT if not then Cannon is the man. Either one can play RT but the question is if Vollmer can stay healthy and if Cannon can preform as a starter. Both should be answered this year one way or another. Frankly I hope Cannon gets moved to RG after Waters leaves because I think that's his more natural spot.

Zusevics is also a guy that would have gone in the 3rd-4th range if not for the injury and being a bit undersized (weight wise). He'll get red-shirted this year and this will give him plenty of time to get healthy and gain weight.

I wouldn't be surprised if given the youth, currently, that RT isn't considered an issue

C is a bit more of an issue but both McDonald and Wendell started 1 game at C last year and didn't seem to hurt the line. Either one could be the C of the future but I wouldn't be shocked if they targeted one in rounds 2-4 next year either. I'm also curious to see what they do with Warren. If Scar thinks there isn't enough to work with or if they stash him on the PS. If Scar sees potential in him, Warren's experience in wrestling is similar to Koppens and could develop into a C in 2 years with Connolly holding the position for now.

Next years draft is rich in G's right now so that's where I'd be looking honestly for a G/C type of player in the middle rounds. But, I could see them seeing the youth on the team and talent and saying they are good or I could see them going all in on the OL next year like the basically did with the front 7 this year. I hope though that they come out with a WR and DT. Maybe another DB but that will depending on the current group. If McCourty gets back to form, Ras stays healthy, Dennard plays up to his development, and Moore continues to improve that's a pretty strong CB group (I think Arrington is gone looking for #2 CB type of money). I have hopes Ebner will grow into a SS role but I wonder if Wilson could be a FS (given they are using him as a blitzer in dime packages right now). I might look towards a FS next year too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking more like a guard)).:
    That's a good question. I guess it really depends on how they feel about Wendell, McDonald, and Cannon. Also don't forget about Zusevics. For RT - if Vollmer gets healthy then he's the RT if not then Cannon is the man. Either one can play RT but the question is if Vollmer can stay healthy and if Cannon can preform as a starter. Both should be answered this year one way or another. Frankly I hope Cannon gets moved to RG after Waters leaves because I think that's his more natural spot. Zusevics is also a guy that would have gone in the 3rd-4th range if not for the injury and being a bit undersized (weight wise). He'll get red-shirted this year and this will give him plenty of time to get healthy and gain weight. I wouldn't be surprised if given the youth, currently, that RT isn't considered an issue C is a bit more of an issue but both McDonald and Wendell started 1 game at C last year and didn't seem to hurt the line. Either one could be the C of the future but I wouldn't be shocked if they targeted one in rounds 2-4 next year either. I'm also curious to see what they do with Warren. If Scar thinks there isn't enough to work with or if they stash him on the PS. If Scar sees potential in him, Warren's experience in wrestling is similar to Koppens and could develop into a C in 2 years with Connolly holding the position for now. Next years draft is rich in G's right now so that's where I'd be looking honestly for a G/C type of player in the middle rounds. But, I could see them seeing the youth on the team and talent and saying they are good or I could see them going all in on the OL next year like the basically did with the front 7 this year. I hope though that they come out with a WR and DT. Maybe another DB but that will depending on the current group. If McCourty gets back to form, Ras stays healthy, Dennard plays up to his development, and Moore continues to improve that's a pretty strong CB group (I think Arrington is gone looking for #2 CB type of money). I have hopes Ebner will grow into a SS role but I wonder if Wilson could be a FS (given they are using him as a blitzer in dime packages right now). I might look towards a FS next year too.
    Posted by PatsEng

This years camp has proven that Cannon is no where near ready. Not a surprise given his missed time last year. Between the end of last year and this years camps, he is still an intriguing player due to potential, not performance. One could make an arguement, based on this years camp performance, Cannon is not one of the 9-10 OL to make the roster. But he is huge, strong and has very good feet. Needs to translate that onto the field 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking more like a guard)).:
    In Response to Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking more like a guard)). : This years camp has proven that Cannon is no where near ready. Not a surprise given his missed time last year. Between the end of last year and this years camps, he is still an intriguing player due to potential, not performance. One could make an arguement, based on this years camp performance, Cannon is not one of the 9-10 OL to make the roster. But he is huge, strong and has very good feet. Needs to translate that onto the field 
    Posted by rkarp

Camp he doesn't look great but he held his own during the season last year playing RT. I put more stock into what I see during the regular season then I do during camp. Esp, if Scar is teaching a whole bunch of new things and he's still trying things out early in camp. I also feel he isn't quick enough to remain at RT, and that appears to be his major weakness in camp, but if Vollmer can stay healthy or Zusevics is the player I think he can be then Cannon moving to RG should be a much more natural fit and completely hides his weakness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking more like a guard)). : This years camp has proven that Cannon is no where near ready. Not a surprise given his missed time last year. Between the end of last year and this years camps, he is still an intriguing player due to potential, not performance. One could make an arguement, based on this years camp performance, Cannon is not one of the 9-10 OL to make the roster. But he is huge, strong and has very good feet. Needs to translate that onto the field 
    Posted by rkarp

In case you were unaware they have not played a single one of 4 preseason games yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Hey MB, higher priority in draft, center or right tackle (given vollmers back on and off again and cannon so far looking more like a guard)). : In case you were unaware they have not played a single one of 4 preseason games yet.
    Posted by portfolio1

Yes, I was commenting on the 7 camp sessions I have been able to see....it is clearly written in my comment..."camp", not game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

no one else chiming in?
    mb missing in action

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I agree OLine is a major issue with this team.  If Mankins and Vollmer come back healthy and Waters comes back I feel much better obviously.  However Solder is still unproven as a LT for a full year, center being up in the air, don't know the status of guards, and Vollmer always hurt.  This is a bit worrisome.  

Personally I would target a OLineman in next years draft.  Barrett Jones is a perfect example as previously mentioned.  He can play all 5 positions along the line really well.  You might even see the Pats trade up again for someone like him.   But yes I am a bit worried this year for that group however it could turn out to be nothing to worry about.  Regardless this will probably be Waters' last year and we do need a center and Vollmer's injury history so I bet they target someone early in next years draft.

Sections
Shortcuts