Hey mbeaulieu07

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Hey mbeaulieu07

1)DeAndre Hopkins:this kid is awesome, he is a deep threat receiver. he had a fantastic carreer in Clemson, he can explodes and get separation easily, and is too much agile, he also is a good route runner, can run short middle and long routes, awesome double movies faking directions and confusing defenders, he is a difficult guy to cover, also receives balls in the traffic ,great body control , good in blocking too.

But he has an average size 6`1"outside receivers generaly are bigger, and sometimes he drops easy balls trying to make moves early, but this is a great prospect, the biggest concern for me is his size ...share your thoughts guys please

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Take a look at this names:

Justin Hunter: He is 6'4"run the fourty yard in 4.44, had a awesome career in Tennessee, he can solve our problem in the outside.

DaBrick Rogers: this is another interesting name, take a look but he isn`t a first round, he had good number in his college career too.can play in the outside and be a deep threat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

This is not all inclusive but looking at the 3 cone drill as a criteria here are 3 selections that would be great (late 2nd -5th) rounds:

#1 Josh Boyd TCU

4.38                        40 YD Dash            

22                           Reps Bench Press      

131 in                      Broad Jump        

6.68 sec                  3 Cone Drill          

4.1 sec                    20 YD Shuttle        

11.26 sec                 60 YD Shuttle    

#2 Da'Rick Rodgers  Tennessee Tech

4.52                        40 YD Dash      

10                             Reps Bench Press  

39.5 in                      Vertical Jump      

132 in                       Broad Jump       

6.71sec                   3 Cone Drill    

4.06 sec                   20 YD Shuttle  

11.31 sec                 60 YD Shuttle

#3 T.J. MOE         Missouri            

4.74                         40 YD Dash          

26                           Reps Bench Press      

36 in                        Vertical Jump    

120 in                       Broad Jump    

6.53 sec                   3 Cone Drill        

3.96 sec                    20 YD Shuttle      

10.87 sec                 60 YD Shuttle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Justin Hunter: He is 6'4"run the fourty yard in 4.44, had a awesome career in Tennessee, he can solve our problem in the outside.

DaBrick Rogers: this is another interesting name, take a look but he isn`t a first round, he had good number in his college career too.can play in the outside and be a deep threat.

IQ? Maturity? Drive to be better? What are the intangibles?

That's my main concern when targeting WRs here not in line speed or size.

Hunter had an awesome 2011 season, but he tore an ACL and in 2012 had a drop of productivity

Rogers has a lot of off field issues but he is a Talented WR

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Hunter had an awesome 2011 season, but he tore an ACL and in 2012 had a drop of productivity

Rogers has a lot of off field issues but he is a Talented WR

Hunter lack of confidence after the injury is the only thing that really concerns

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

you forgot to add "doesn't want to make any money"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

DeAndre Hopkins would make a lot of sense where we are picking, unlike a lot of the top receivers in this draft Hopkins has done it against some top competition - so at least you can see how he does in tight coverage. The guys that played for Tennessee were playing with two other receivers that gave them the oppurtunity to not have to worry about being the focus of the defense, plus they had a QB that could throw the hell out of the ball. Hopkins has good size, hands and he competes. He is not a deep threat, but it looks like he has enough speed to get behind a defense on occasion. To me he looks like a better version of David Givens.

Hunter is tall and fast - he has already had one major knee injury and is not as explosive as he was before that injury. To me he looks a little soft, which really makes me wonder how he will do with tight coverage and the physical corners he will see in the NFL. He is different than Hopkins - Hopkins has seen the physical attention and done very well in it. Hunter looks like he wants no part of it...not saying Hunter won't be a player, but the other guy looks ready to roll right now.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't want a receiver in the first round, they are a dime a dozen (at least the ones that aren't all that special). There is probably 5 guys we can have in the second round - yeah Hopkins won't make it that far - and if we do draft him in the first, we could do a lot worse, but I want them to take a defensive tackle. This draft is deep for defensive tackles, yet there is always a run on them and before you know it they are gone half way through the second.  

So yeah Hopkins would be a solid solid selection in my opinion and I'm sure he would do well here instantly, but I don't want to see us pass up the chance to draft a defensive tackle that normally wouldn't be there where we are selecting in the first round. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Admittedly not a draftnik, but looking over the bios of the guys likely to be there, the one that stands out to me is Keenan Allen. Tough, big, strong, good route runner. Not a burner but compares to Jordy Nelson. Only issue is a possible knee concern.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't want a receiver in the first round, they are a dime a dozen (at least the ones that aren't all that special). There is probably 5 guys we can have in the second round - yeah Hopkins won't make it that far - and if we do draft him in the first, we could do a lot worse, but I want them to take a defensive tackle. This draft is deep for defensive tackles, yet there is always a run on them and before you know it they are gone half way through the second.  

So yeah Hopkins would be a solid solid selection in my opinion and I'm sure he would do well here instantly, but I don't want to see us pass up the chance to draft a defensive tackle that normally wouldn't be there where we are selecting in the first round. 

But, DT is deep which means you can get a good one in the 2nd rd.  Your logic is again off which isn't surprising.

Jesus, dude. Do you ever make sense?  If it's a very deep DT draft, rushing in to get one in the 1st rd doesn't make sense, unless they start going off the board left and right.

you're right, that makes so much more sense. If there is five guys slated to go in the first round at defensive tackle, where as there is usually only three slated for the first round...wait till the second round so you don't get any of that talent. Brilliant.

You ever watch the draft? This is what happens..player comes off the board at one position that is deep, then another, then another...someone says, there's a run on the defensive tackle position. All of the sudden everyone that needs one tries to trade up to get the remaining higher rated one! Just because the position is deep and talented, doesn't mean that the guys after the highest guys are just super. It usually means you end up reaching for need on a player in the second, who should of been picked in the fifth (See Tavon Wilson).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Good suggestion. Likely high IQ having played at Cal.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013kallen.php

I think he Won`t be avaible in the 29th

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

He may drop because he has been injured.  He was talked up to be the #1 receiver but is seems he has lost some momentum. Could change after his pro day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

He may drop because he has been injured.  He was talked up to be the #1 receiver but is seems he has lost some momentum. Could change after his pro day.

Who knows? What I read projects him late 1st, early 2nd.  Ranked him 4th among WRs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Since you are the master at studying prospects..thoughts on Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins as a fit with the Pats?

Saw him interviewed and he seems like a mature kid, no idea on football IQ (anyone can get into Clemson, so I am wary there), but overall?

BB met with him at the Combine which usually means nothing, but I am just wondering with the rookie cap in place and not needing to pay 13 million per for Mike Wallace, would this guy as a route runner, good battler for the ball in the air, size, some solid speed, lining up at the X or Z...

Good option?

Seems like he checks out to me:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1546543-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-clemson-wr-deandre-hopkins

Hey Man,

I'm in the minority in that I have Hopkins as the #1 WR in this entire class. Kid's a competitive alpha dog with good size, ball skill, physicality and RAC ability... runs solid routes and is a proven go too player in his offense... he's a great option at #29 if available.

If not, I really really like WVU's Stedman Bailey in Rd 2... very good ball skills, good hands and can hands catch/snath the ball out of the air, keeping it way from his body...  he's as competitive as they come, makes a ton of plays and has the quicks/RAC ability and chemistry with his QB that should be valued highly by BB/NC.  I also like his ability to consistently seperate vs. zone or man.  Very good and underrated WR prospect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My only question is the IQ factor.

We need to question this for the people who post here!!  Oh, Hi Rusty!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Da'Dick Rodgers.....LMAO

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts