hey OBIE... REVERSES and SCREENS...!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

hey OBIE... REVERSES and SCREENS...!

Isn't this OC101 when facing a dangerous pass rush and doesn't it tire out big DL... ? I think so yet in SB42 MCD seemed not to have this in his game plan ... and Brady took a beating. Clever screens and reverses like we saw in week 17 buffalo game should be put to good use. And if a reverse works once, why not mix in several out of different formations . Just like a deep ball loosens up the safeties , reverses force defenses to defend more of the field and should open up running lanes... right...?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: hey OBIE... REVERSES and SCREENS...!

I think the arguement here would be that you go with the plays that got you this far.  That being said, I'd like to think that BB and the boys have something in mind to keep the Giants D off balance and guessing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

Not a big fan of the reverse.

Screens only work if the D is overly aggressive - otherwise if opponents are getting pressure on Brady just using 3 or 4 guys - they don't work as well.

I think what you're asking for is less predictability of play calling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

run lawfirm up the middle. the draws worked excellent vs the ravens. hopefully they take advantage of the agressive front by NY get let lawfirm nickle and dime them up and down the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

They went 13-3 without reverses and screens. You think you know more than NFL coaches? Next thing you'll say is that they need a deep thr0at

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In Response to Re: hey OBIE... REVERSES and SCREENS...!:
    [QUOTE] I think what you're asking for is less predictability of play calling.
    Posted by itsjustagame1[/QUOTE]

Yes please.....pretty please with sugar on top!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

when slater checks in for the first time in the game and only has one catch.  it's obviously a bomb.  obvious enough to the ravens to send two guys on him.  he don't deserve double coverage. 
    can't wait to see obrien go.  chump

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PFS1966. Show PFS1966's posts

Is the OP aware that The Pats staff doesn't read this stuff or care to read it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

In Response to Re: hey OBIE... REVERSES and SCREENS...!:
    [QUOTE]Not a big fan of the reverse. Screens only work if the D is overly aggressive - otherwise if opponents are getting pressure on Brady just using 3 or 4 guys - they don't work as well. I think what you're asking for is less predictability of play calling.
    Posted by itsjustagame1[/QUOTE]

Seems like every Giants highlight I've watched most the Giants D line is in Patriots backfield. When the Patriots were winning the 3 Super Bowls the Patriots had the best screen plays in the business. It kept the opponents honest and Charlie was a master at calling them at the right time. 2nd half of the Eagles game comes to mind. Unfotunately we've gotten away from using it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

They should open with the bomb to Slater since it worked so well last week. Giants would never be expecting that, and it will open up more of the field for the rest of the game, even if Slater doesn't play another snap on offense. (this is sarcasm)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You have something on slater. If the giants want to play cb man on him and send a safety, that opens things up a bit. If nothing else, sprinkle it in more, if even for a decoy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

It all starts with protection up front. If we get an A game from the O line and Brady is sharp the Giants are toast. I would like to see a healthy mix of BJGE throughout the game to keep them honest. Honestly, I do think the Patriots were a little arrogant and unprepared for the last Super Bowl. On top of that the fabricated story of the Superbowl practice did distract them. Mentally, we're coming into this one at a better place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to "Re: hey OBIE... REVERSES and SCREENS...!": [QUOTE]They went 13-3 without reverses and screens. You think you know more than NFL coaches? Next thing you'll say is that they need a deep thr0at Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE] WRONG...week 17. Check the tape. Reverses to Hernandez ... Misdirection screen to BJGE went for 60 yards. It works if you practice it and get good at it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

You missed my sarcasm man. That was my attempt at imitating that troll patsfan66 hence the term deep thr0at