HEY RUSTY: BRADY BAILS OUT YOUR AWFUL D...AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: HEY RUSTY: BRADY BAILS OUT YOUR AWFUL D...AGAIN!

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey JetsFan, Manning bails out the other team with a couple awful picks.....again

[/QUOTE]

<------SEE AVATAR

[/QUOTE]

LOL....give it up pal. There is no one, and I mean NO ONE on this forum that believes you are a Giants fan. Quick, sign on to some of your other accounts and conjure up your army of believers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Russ...you're on crack if you think this defense is anything better than awful.  They couldn't guard a cracker from an ant...not just today, not just this year, but last year, the year before that, and the year before that...and to an extent, the year before that.  They completely fail the eyeball test.

HOWEVER...there's always a however...the offense this year has been a complete fail in critical situations.  Their inability to close out games...or their brainfarts (like the quicksnap at the 2-yard line) today are just plain awful and frustrating to watch.  Situationally this year, the offense has been absolutely horrendous.

Interestingly enough, situationally, the defense has come through.  Whether it be Spikes dislodging the ball, DMac with the fumble today and of course, the INT, etc...the defense HAS played decent situational football in the tight spots.  It's the other 58 minutes that they're an absolute disaster.

BB looked surprised today on the sideline when they gave up some 3rd and 20.  I'm not sure why he's surprised...this trash of a defense isn't anything new.  The coaches are coaching a certain way all the time...how can he expect a different outcome?

[/QUOTE]

No, crank and meth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the defense was horrid today, but they did make two huge plays at the end of the game to win the game.....im not going to complain about the offense because i was actually impressed with that drive they put up near the end of the game, provided it only resulted in three points....but with that being said, it was disappointing that they went three and out after the defense had forced the fumble at the goal line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

37 points should be enough to win and luckily it was today. The pats o did its job, but I don't think  it looked consistently sharp doing it. Dropped balls, sketchy play calling at times, etc.

Meanwhile the pats d stunk again. Inhave a real problem with Gregory..?he stinks. And, fat mat Patricia  can't call a game to save his life . 3 man rush with that secondary? Is he mad? I wish BB would can patricia, bench Gregory and Chung if he comes and try to a bit more aggressive when we need it 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

37 points should be enough to win and luckily it was today. The pats o did its job, but I don't think  it looked consistently sharp doing it. Dropped balls, sketchy play calling at times, etc.

Meanwhile the pats d stunk again. Inhave a real problem with Gregory..?he stinks. And, fat mat Patricia  can't call a game to save his life . 3 man rush with that secondary? Is he mad? I wish BB would can patricia, bench Gregory and Chung if he comes and try to a bit more aggressive when we need it 

[/QUOTE]

the play that really p.issed me off was when the pats had a chance to make a key stop on 4th and 4 and they run a prevent defense!! its like they were just conceding the first down there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey JetsFan, Manning bails out the other team with a couple awful picks.....again

[/QUOTE]

<------SEE AVATAR

[/QUOTE]

LOL....give it up pal. There is no one, and I mean NO ONE on this forum that believes you are a Giants fan. Quick, sign on to some of your other accounts and conjure up your army of believers.

[/QUOTE]

no one? hmmm think i can name more than a few

besides what do i care what u think? i know what team i root for and have for over 30 years, i know what team's jerseys I own, what team's books I own, what teams (SB CHAMPS) t shirts I own, dvd's...so really u dont count for much

it's like Marsala said to Ben Hur "oh you aren't kind to your conquerors Judah"

:)))

[/QUOTE]

The Jets wear green, and have not won a SB since January 12, 1969. And yeah, I'm sure you have many alternate screen names that believe in you faithfully.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

<------SEE AVATAR

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

besides what do i care what u think? i know what team i root for and have for over 30 years, i know what team's jerseys I own, what team's books I own, what teams (SB CHAMPS) t shirts I own, dvd's...so really u dont count for much

[/QUOTE]

The Jets wear green, and have not won a SB since January 12, 1969. And yeah, I'm sure you have many alternate screen names that believe in you faithfully.

[/QUOTE]

i believe he is a giants fan, doesnt mean i believe he should be posting here.....but he has that freedom.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

<------SEE AVATAR

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when u find those other screen names u let me know ok?

[/QUOTE]

Thats stupid. First of all, how would I know? Second, why would I take the time to investigate to find out? You aren't that important. Third, why would I let you know about your own screen names? Fourth, just the fact that you issued that kind of a dumb challenge that you know I'll never bother messing with is the strongest indicator that what I said is true. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

<------SEE AVATAR

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when u find those other screen names u let me know ok?

[/QUOTE]

Thats stupid. First of all, how would I know? Second, why would I take the time to investigate to find out? You aren't that important. Third, why would I let you know about your own screen names? Fourth, just the fact that you issued that kind of a dumb challeng that you know I'll never bother messing with is the strongest indicator that what I said is true. 

[/QUOTE]

i cant even follow all that by this time of nite...its just babble you know?

whatever makes ur life work  u go right ahead-including believing i am a jets fan, browns fan, indians fan, black hawks fan, whatever...this is beyond dull i must go

say i think maybe tomorrow i will put on my "Road to Super Bowl 46" dvd

[/QUOTE]

More like your "Road to Super Bowl III" VHS narrated by John Facenda.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

<------SEE AVATAR

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i believe he is a giants fan, doesnt mean i believe he should be posting here.....but he has that freedom.

[/QUOTE]

I used to. I dont anymore. There's no reason for a legitimate Giants fan to be on here doing what he does. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am pretty sure our awful, mismanaged second half offense isn't bailing out anything.

[/QUOTE]

Right junior. Scoring 37 points is a real problematic offense.

You have completely sealed your place as the biggest laughing stock on this board, and maybe the entire football world.

You make a jets' fan look like a genius.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7 out of 9 is amazing. There are probably only a small handful of performances by ANY offense this season that are in that league. 

The offense was flawless today. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, Ridley's idiotic motion penalty wasn't so hot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Jints isn't a problem here. Considering he carries a much higher caliber gun than you because of the two SB wins in the last 5 years you would be well advised to just shut your yap and talk football with him rather than get in a firefight. He pretty much keeps his bias in reasonable check until you start that fight you can't win.

Look, the guy has repeatedly said he doesn't consider spygate cheating, has applauded Brady and otherwise been a reasonable person until YOU start it. You can't ask for a whole lot more than that from a rival fan.

Why he finds a Pats' board so interesting is a mystery to me, but he is reasonable with you if you are with him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7 out of 9 is amazing. There are probably only a small handful of performances by ANY offense this season that are in that league. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That wasn't his best set of downs. But when an offense scores 37 points, and runs off 6 minutes on a scoring drive in the final bit of the game, I won't complain. 

I can't believe people are saying the defense bailed anything out in this thread. When you let up 31 points and are still in the game because your offense dropped a cool 37 on the other guy ... that's the best you can possibly do, bail your own inqdequate arze out. 

In reality, it was more like Fitzy bailed them out by airmailing a pass right at DMC. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That wasn't his best set of downs. But when an offense scores 37 points, and runs off 6 minutes on a scoring drive in the final bit of the game, I won't complain. 

I can't believe people are saying the defense bailed anything out in this thread. When you let up 31 points and are still in the game because your offense dropped a cool 37 on the other guy ... that's the best you can possibly do, bail your own inqdequate arze out. 

In reality, it was more like Fitzy bailed them out by airmailing a pass right at DMC. 

[/QUOTE]

It is unreal how badly the D played. Despite getting 3 turnovers (with our O giving the Bills none), despite the Bills being penalized profusely, this D still gave up 31 points to the 20th ranked offense. Unbelievably bad.

Overall our running got better as the game progressed. But still, I don't see it being reliable when the endgame comes. Better than last year, but inconsistent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

To be fair, pr. Reiss both Brady and Branch said the defense bailed them out. But maybe they are just being nice to their teammates?

For the greater part of the game the offense played great, took what was there, capitalized on some of those horrendous 14 (I think it was 14) penalties by the Bills, including several PI calls.

But they failed to close the game, as has happened a couple of times this season. First & goal from the 2. You don't snap the ball quickly there, and you dont f**k up and make a penalty. You snap the ball when the playclock is down to 1, and if it is not a TD, you do it again. And again.

I know the drive took 6 minutes off the clock, but that last set of down is what's making me nervous about the O, 'cause it ain't the first time.

The D on the other hand had by and large a poor game. At one time I think Fitzy was like 10 for 11, they couldn't stop the run, the only thing holding the Bills back were some of those stupid penalties. But was it 3 turnovers, including two in the late part of the 4th? That is clutch if anything. The much maligned D again ended the game. Yes, it is not a great D by any means, but they have closed games out several times the last couple of years where the O has had the chance and blown it.

This game, the Denver game, the AFCCG, the last Manning-led Colts team in 2010. All examples, and there are probably af few more, of "the worst D in history" winning close games in the end.

Would I prefer Houstons or the 49's defense? Sure. But being clutch when it counts is not a bad quality, especially when your overall performance is so-so or downright bad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The D on the other hand had by and large a poor game.

[/QUOTE]

Ya think?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

But they failed to close the game, as has happened a couple of times this season. 

[/QUOTE]

And why is it, pray tell, that the needed to close the game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say flawless but they were pretty darn great. The only reason I wouldn't say flawless is the one series which they took the ball over at the 1 in the 4th and took a total of 11s off in 3 plays, leaving the opponent with great field position after a punt. You can get away with that in the first 3 quarters but when you need to chew clock and hold onto a lead because your D is a wet paper bag you either need to take more time off the clock or at least give your punter room to drive the ball. But short of that 1 series the were pretty flawless this game.

Oh also had my head scratching over the double reverse fake in the 4th. Why would you run an asinine trick that might get your QB killed in the 4th when trying to keep a lead? That was bad coaching though not execution

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

To be fair, pr. Reiss both Brady and Branch said the defense bailed them out. But maybe they are just being nice to their teammates?

For the greater part of the game the offense played great, took what was there, capitalized on some of those horrendous 14 (I think it was 14) penalties by the Bills, including several PI calls.

But they failed to close the game, as has happened a couple of times this season. First & goal from the 2. You don't snap the ball quickly there, and you dont f**k up and make a penalty. You snap the ball when the playclock is down to 1, and if it is not a TD, you do it again. And again.

I know the drive took 6 minutes off the clock, but that last set of down is what's making me nervous about the O, 'cause it ain't the first time.

The D on the other hand had by and large a poor game. At one time I think Fitzy was like 10 for 11, they couldn't stop the run, the only thing holding the Bills back were some of those stupid penalties. But was it 3 turnovers, including two in the late part of the 4th? That is clutch if anything. The much maligned D again ended the game. Yes, it is not a great D by any means, but they have closed games out several times the last couple of years where the O has had the chance and blown it.

This game, the Denver game, the AFCCG, the last Manning-led Colts team in 2010. All examples, and there are probably af few more, of "the worst D in history" winning close games in the end.

Would I prefer Houstons or the 49's defense? Sure. But being clutch when it counts is not a bad quality, especially when your overall performance is so-so or downright bad.

[/QUOTE]

I just think that if you are going to be waiting for a defense that lets a team walk up and down the field for scores at will, come through with a big stop at the end...it's a dangerous why to pin the hopes of your season on. Could it happen again? Can Steerling Moore knock a ball out of a guy's hands in the endzone after his team marched right down the field? Maybe. Can we count on false starts to kill a team's drive? Maybe. CAn we wait for a fumble or terrible throw by their QB, week after week? Well that's our defense in a nut shell right there.

This is what we are....the "let's hope they srcew it up because we sure the hell can't stop them" defense. It doesn't have as nice a ring to it as the Steel Curtain or Purple People Eaters defense, no?

I think if you really want to see how Belichick feels about this defense you have to see him during the post game press conference. That's where you can really catch him, because he hasn't had a chance to hide his emotions as much as he will during today's interviews. And let me tell you looked like he was ready to kill someone during that press conference yesterday. He did say he is happy for any win, but man you could of swore that we lost that game yesterday listening and watching him. Today will be different - he'll say there was some good, some bad...some things we need to improve on...some things we did well, but he will be lying. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I've been trying to figure out if the defense almost gave the game away, or if they stepped up and saved the game.  Maybe a bit of both.

Yes, the D created turnovers, but also gave up 31 points.  I'll get called names for saying it, but no, I had no faith the D would stop Buffalo at the end.  When the Pats kicked the FG and went up by only 6 with a little over 2 mins on the clock, I looked at the guy next to me and said "there's the game, Buffalo's going to score the winning TD".  A few moments later, the Pats kicked off and kicked it out of the end zone, I said "There's the first mistake--put Buffalo on their 20 and took no time off the clock.  Gives them 1-2 plays before the clock stops for 2 minute warning."

OK, the D managed to come up with the pick at the end, which ended the cardiac arrest I was beginning to suffer from, but I had two questions:  Why does everyone thinks it's so great the D got that int, but no one sees a problem with the D on that same series allowing Buffalo to move from Buffalo's 20 to NE's 15 in 1:30 when the NE lead was only 6?  And second (OK, my sarcasm font isn't working here), just how the heck did it happen that McCourty was looking for the ball when he got that int?  When's he ever doing that?

25. This post has been removed.