HEY RUSTY: BRADY BAILS OUT YOUR AWFUL D...AGAIN!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: HEY RUSTY: BRADY BAILS OUT YOUR AWFUL D...AGAIN!

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jints isn't a problem here. Considering he carries a much higher caliber gun than you because of the two SB wins in the last 5 years you would be well advised to just shut your yap and talk football with him rather than get in a firefight. He pretty much keeps his bias in reasonable check until you start that fight you can't win.

Look, the guy has repeatedly said he doesn't consider spygate cheating, has applauded Brady and otherwise been a reasonable person until YOU start it. You can't ask for a whole lot more than that from a rival fan.

Why he finds a Pats' board so interesting is a mystery to me, but he is reasonable with you if you are with him.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Thats rich pal. If you think he "pretty much keeps his bias in check", you are either blind, or are one of his aliases. I've lost track of how many times he's come on here unprovoked and and started slamming Brady, the Pats, BB--the whole thing. And no, I'm not Rusty, I just think what you said is ridiculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Davedson has Jints pegged.  He wants to come in here pretending to be reasonable and tossing around a bunch of Jabs about the last couple SB's.  It would be like if you hung out at the Jets site just to be a doucche any time you got a chance.  The fact that he dissapeared for the most part after 2007 when the Giants started blowing and didn't appear again until the Giants made the SB last year proves this point.  Seriously, the guy had run out of shiiit to talk so he stopped showing up until he got something else.  He will dissapear again for a year if the Giants get knocked out of the playoffs, guaranteed.

He only wants to come here to start crap when his team is doing good.  He's a cancer to the board.  Pretending he's reasonable just encourages him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Davedson has Jints pegged.  He wants to come in here pretending to be reasonable and tossing around a bunch of Jabs about the last couple SB's.  It would be like if you hung out at the Jets site just to be a doucche any time you got a chance.  The fact that he dissapeared for the most part after 2007 when the Giants started blowing and didn't appear again until the Giants made the SB last year proves this point.  Seriously, the guy had run out of shiiit to talk so he stopped showing up until he got something else.  He will dissapear again for a year if the Giants get knocked out of the playoffs, guaranteed.

He only wants to come here to start crap when his team is doing good.  He's a cancer to the board.  Pretending he's reasonable just encourages him. 

[/QUOTE]

My point exactly, in spite of babe's drivel defending him. The very existence of this thread is proof positive. Just read what he said in the OP. Tell me its not obvious? I'm not fooled at all by this troll's act, and highly doubt he is a real Giants fan. His actions fall more in line with a Colts or Jets fan.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think it's hard to blame the offense for this loss, though I'll throw Rusty just a little bone in saying he's right that the offense was helped by the Bills ineptitude on defense (penalties, poor plays, etc.), and the mistakes the offense did make were ofen hidden by the Bills defense being so bad.  

That said, the offense did do more than what should have been needed to win the game.  Good defensive teams hold most opponents to scores in the teens and low twenties, with occasional single digit performances.  The Pats' defense is so far from that it's sad.  Yes, they are opportunistic and get a number of turnovers.  But they very predictably give up point totals in the 20s and 30s, week after week, and they have a tendency to struggle in the fourth against hurry up drives.  This simply is not a defense you can expect to ever have a week where they give up just 9 or 12 points and shut an offense out in the fourth quarter.  Because of that, this is a team that can't win without scoring a lot on offense.  And because of that, the offense will always have to rely much more on Brady and the spread passing game than some fans would like. Every game is a potential shootout--even against bad offenses--which means we have to play offense every week as if we're ten points behind with five minutes left.  It's a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is. 

Fortunately, the coaches continue to show their skill by winning.  We're still in the top part of the league and are likely headed for the playoffs again.  Will we go far with this defense? Probably not, but BB got us to the big dance last year with a similar disaster of a defense.  Fans whine and complain about the offense's performance in the Super Bowl, but as I said last year, it was a miracle we even got there--and a tribute to Belichick's genius. 

Defense still wins championships (or at least plays a big role in doing so).  We still don't have a championship defense. But at least we have Belichick . . .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Every team that won yesterday held their opponent under 30 points - except us. We were playing at home, coming off a bye and have a head coach that has a little reputation for defense. This argument that everyone stinks on defense is stupid. The GOOD teams didn't let 30 plus points go on the board yesterday...on defense we are not GOOD.

Everyone on this planet knows this except you. Why? Because you got behind the "rebuilding of the young and exciting defense" thing five years ago. You just can't let go. Everytime this defense makes a tackle we can expect a "the warnings were out people" thread...it's pathetic and dumb. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

There was a suggestion made that the Pats offensive explosion was aided in large part by the turnovers created by the Defense.  Here are the facts. 

Starting position of scoring drives:

NE 27 FG
    BUF 13 TD (turnover)
    NE 17 TD
    NE 18 TD
    BUF 39 TD (special teams penalty on BUF)
    NE 20 FG
    NE 32 FG

Only 1 of the 7 drives (the one starting at the BUF 13) was a result of the defense putting the offense anywhere near opposing territory.

Glad to help.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the defense was horrid today, but they did make two huge plays at the end of the game to win the game.....im not going to complain about the offense because i was actually impressed with that drive they put up near the end of the game, provided it only resulted in three points....but with that being said, it was disappointing that they went three and out after the defense had forced the fumble at the goal line.

[/QUOTE]

Obvious fake Rusty account ... disappointed with a single three and out all game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's hard to blame the offense for this loss, though I'll throw Rusty just a little bone in saying he's right that the offense was helped by the Bills ineptitude on defense (penalties, poor plays, etc.), and the mistakes the offense did make were ofen hidden by the Bills defense being so bad.  

That said, the offense did do more than what should have been needed to win the game.  Good defensive teams hold most opponents to scores in the teens and low twenties, with occasional single digit performances.  The Pats' defense is so far from that it's sad.  Yes, they are opportunistic and get a number of turnovers.  But they very predictably give up point totals in the 20s and 30s, week after week, and they have a tendency to struggle in the fourth against hurry up drives.  This simply is not a defense you can expect to ever have a week where they give up just 9 or 12 points and shut an offense out in the fourth quarter.  Because of that, this is a team that can't win without scoring a lot on offense.  And because of that, the offense will always have to rely much more on Brady and the spread passing game than some fans would like. Every game is a potential shootout--even against bad offenses--which means we have to play offense every week as if we're ten points behind with five minutes left.  It's a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is. 

Fortunately, the coaches continue to show their skill by winning.  We're still in the top part of the league and are likely headed for the playoffs again.  Will we go far with this defense? Probably not, but BB got us to the big dance last year with a similar disaster of a defense.  Fans whine and complain about the offense's performance in the Super Bowl, but as I said last year, it was a miracle we even got there--and a tribute to Belichick's genius. 

Defense still wins championships (or at least plays a big role in doing so).  We still don't have a championship defense. But at least we have Belichick . . .

[/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks for being 1/4 honest for once, Prolate. You're really a mature, swell person.

Again, go look at the boxscores of yesterday's games. ALL Ds give up scores in the 20s!  Wake up. It's not 2004 anymore.

Why are you so arrogant with these facts? Go compares the average "yards allowed per game" in 2004 to 2012.

Case closed. The sticks will be moved in this league. Most scores yesterday were in the high 20s/mid 30s. It's the way it is. Holding our OWN D's feet to the fire with yards allowed in the air is assinine because it's moot in today's game.

I repeat, the issue yesterday was the run game working for Buffalo on our front 7. THAT was the root cause of why Buffalo did a nice job on offense. 

SF just allowed 24 points at home, mostly because Alex Smith was knocked out which meant their own offense sputtered giving the Rams more drives than they would have had if Smith wasn't knocked out. Same deal in the Dallas game. Vick blows, but Foles is a worse option.

Dallas then pulled away.

SF's D looking WORSE than they usually do at home is not a coincidence with their back up Qb on the field and their own offense sputtering. Complementary football. Look it up.

It's a concept you have no idea about, apparently.

BB's genius in knowing this is an offensive league, knows the Ds are at a disadvantage, so he ups the odds by investing in the offense and then teaching the D to get takeaways. That's the formula.

I don't like it either, but it's the right formula for this era. The last 4 SB winning teams had nice offenses, with balance, and opportunistic Ds.

They didn't have '85 Bears kind of Ds. Get over it. Tagliabue is long, long gone and the owners want points and revenue. Fantasy football, video games and teams are wanted in LA and London.

You're welcome.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Bills running game was giving our defense trouble.  But that didn't make our pass defense any better.  Usually it's just the pass defense that looks bad.  Yesterday both pass and run defense looked bad. Hopefully that's not a trend.  But it reminds me of the Baltimore game when all of a sudden the run defense which has generally been great seemed to disappear.  Can't wait to watch film of this later today if I have time to see what really went wrong . . .

Whether you think the points we scored were the result of our offense executing well or the Bills' defense failing makes no difference in the outcome.  We still scored 37 points, mounted long drives, ate up clock, etc.  Whether it was our offense that earned it or the Bills defense that gave it up to us makes no difference to our defense.  The length of the drives was the same and the outcomes of the drives the same, regardless of whether it was our offense or the Bills defense that was responsible for the outcome.  So even if the offense's performance was bad and all those points and long drives were fully the responsibility of the Bills' defense, it would have made no difference to our defense.  "Complementary" football isn't an issue here because the offense was on the field a long time and scored points, regardless of whether you think they earned it or not. The defense needed to step up.  They had plenty of rest.  They weren't in bad field position.  They were working with a lead.  The offense didn't hurt the defense in any way.  If the defense failed, it was all their own fault.  Offense had nothing to do with it.   

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Listening to Troy Brown today and he seems to think it's the player's fault more than scheme. He was at the game yesterday and saw several occasions where a defensive back never even got a hand on a reciever to re route him. Also said that there were two linebackers standing next to eachother in zone - leaving gaps that were huge. This happens every single week.

I'll tell you what the problems run deeper than just the secondary. Who provides a pass rush in this front seven besides Jones? No one. They get absolutely no rush from the middle of their line - all a QB has to do is step into the pocket and he's safe to pick apart our terrible secondary. You can't play like that. There was a reason why Belichick brought in Haynesworth and Fenene - there's a reason why he held onto Pryor....it's because we have nothing inside. Vince is a great player, but he's only one guy and he's not really a pass rusher. It's so bad that they have to line up Cunningham inside on the rush - what happens when they decide to run at him? It's all gimmicks - we need players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they only had a couple of longer drives of around 5 minutes. You act like they had more than that.

If this offense is only putting out a 5 minute drive per haff and the rest are short little 2 minute jobs, that's exactly the problem.

37 points is great, but not so much when Buff's average is 31 points allowed. But the D will only look good defending the pass in this league if the offense DOES eat the clock a bit more consistently. 

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, the average drive in the NFL is about two and a half minutes.  Most games have relatively few drives over four minutes.  Three or four per team is actually pretty good. The Pats had three long drives of four or more minutes and three average drives in the two minute to three minute range. They had five short drives (less than two minutes), but two of those were end-of-half drives (which you can't really count), two ended in TDs (can't complain), and the fifth was the three-and-out where they got the ball with terrible field position.  This isn't a bad performance at all. 

The Bills of course had four long drives of four minutes or more, plus three drives in the 2-3 minute range.  One of their three short drives ended with a TD.  The other two ended in turnovers.  But our defense giving up a lot of long drives is unfortunately to be expected.  The defense is just not that good. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

wrong on all counts

I told you one thousand times they banned me then I asked to come back and they said ok behave...that was in October last year...girl was Beth at BDC (I believe) and my account was reactivated as it was...i really dont care what u think but if u want proof (wish I had saved those emails) I will contact BDC and have them post that truth here or to anyone here who wants it...i KNOW i am telling it exactly as it happened and wull back it up if you have the guts to cahllenge me on it...well?

second, I dont come here when my teams loses? Themn what the hell am I doing here now after 2 losses and the drubbing the took yesterday from an inferior team? gee that one was easy!

Dave? oh you mean the over emotional homer who actually quit this board like a 5 year old thn came  crawling back? yeah great source (as Queenie would say) of infromation and truth

want me here if Jints miss the playoffs? (u threw it out there not me) Done! I will be here if the Giants miss the playoffs or if they get knocked out and every week between then and any of that if it happens win or lose-just like I have been for 5 years

Sorry Shenanigans you've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm challenging you on it, so back it up.  

You like to come in here and mingle around like your slumming because you think you've earned a lifetime of talking shi1t.  You come around and toss this reasonable act around and anytime somebody challenges you you toss out some snide remarks about the last SB or the one before that.  

Had the Giants and Patriots not played in 2007 you would not be here, which proves exactly why you are here.

I see through you.  I don't want you here.  Get lost, go post on a Giants board. Or another Patriots board.  

You are not wanted here.

The only good thing about you is talking crap to rusty, but I'd prefer both of you just left.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.