Hey! Stop Dogging Tebow, How many of You thought Edelman was a wasted pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Hey! Stop Dogging Tebow, How many of You thought Edelman was a wasted pick?

I have to laugh here, not one of you including myself know anything about football as do the real NFL coaches.
    Everyone out here is saying Tim Tebow has no place in the NFL or is not going to be a good anything. I say Bullshiet to all of you.
    How many of you thought Edelman was a wasted pick huh? dont lie about it you know you did! Look at what he has become and where he is going!
    How many of you thought what a great pick Laura Maroney was, I did, and look at him now, headed for Dancing without the Stars! and a big boot in the assey for picking him!
    Point is, none of you know what Tebow will become so knock off with your false knowledge of what you think. You have no idea so stop acting like you do!
    Until he is on the field in pads and uniform no one knows! Not even Jimmi the Greek!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Hey! Stop Dogging Tebow, How many of You thought Edelman was a wasted pick?

apples and oranges.  Tebow will most likely be a 2nd rd pick, Edelman was a 7th rd pick.  HUGE difference

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I for one never thought that it was a wasted pick.  So you can take me off that list.

I dont have a problem with the Pats drafting Tebow, as long as its not in the first 3 rounds.  Too many other priorities that need to be addressed before they decide to draft a guy that has no official positon in the pro's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

patsfaninsatx  took the words out of my mouth. I had no problem with the Edelman pick (no one thought they were drafting him to be a QB) and as long as Tebow is 4th round or later, I would have no problem with that pick.

Tebow would make a nice TE hybrid ala Dallas Clark or Frank Wychek, but you couldn't beat that long throwing motion or bad mechanics out of him, with a goal post, so no Pro QB for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Major differences:
    a.) Edelman is 10x the athlete that Tebow is.
    b.) Edelman was a 7th rd selection.

Tebow won't even make a great FB or Te because is not as fast or agile as any of those players. He has major issues in every area:
    1. poor mechanics
    2. little experience under center
    3. bad overall athlete
    4. came from a half-read college system in Florida that is notorious for                      producing WR and QB busts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Z, just wanted to say that the restaurant we talked about a long while back received a 3 diamond rating this week....not bad for way up here in the middle of no where. It's the 1844 house.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Now taking bets on how long alcondragon goes without getting banned.  Shall we start the bidding at 30 seconds?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What they said.  ^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Harley,

Yeah, I remember, I actually asked a freind who goes through the area if he heard of it too. It sounded great. It is a real shame there aren't more great restaurants in semi-rural areas, because that is the best place to get access to great ingredients. 

You should give those people more business, because even getting three stars in Mobil or three diamonds in AAA takes serious dedication to food that goes way beyond simply making some money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Z, we do go once a month. They have a wonderful program going called Music Mondays where local and professional jazz, blues, r&b musicians play with dinner specials with proceeds going to the local arts. There is a very good school of music here....Crane School of Music so there's a rich talent base.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Tebow is full of himself and that's a big difference

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I never thought Edelman was a bad pick, not once starting on draft weekend.  He has NFL-beating lateral acceleration.  His short shuttle time is a tenth of a second better than Wes Welker's, which is saying something. 

All I know is that Tebow is coming off a concussion.  He might be a Joey Galloway.  On top of this he has lousy foot speed and average height.  Like every QB rookie he needs work.  Those are his measurables right now.  Unless he shows a lot at the Combine, let him slide to the Buffalo Bills or to the Dolphins in the second round.  If you want to see a real arm, watch Patriots WR Isaiah Stanback successfully chuck a ball 70 yards in the air in his college days.

When have the Patriots not drafted a QB late round steal?  Tom Brady (6th), Matt Cassell (7th), maybe Brian Hoyer too (UFA), Edelman if he starts hitting the side of a barn next year after Brady double dares him.  So if BB is going to spend a second rounder on a QB, he'd better be blazing hot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Edelman is a big reason why we don't need Tebow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

not to mention edelman hasnt really proven anything yet.he only had one good game,but struggled in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

OK you all have your points being made and thats what we are here for. Im not a physic or any talent scout but how would Tom Brady have done in the seniot bowl or combine? Remeber this for a long while he was doubted because of poor arm strength, slow feet and lack of size for his frame. Again I hate to beat a dead horse but everyone said, (Pros) not you people, how great J Russel was going to be, and they said that Dirty Sanchez was going to be a bust at quaterback for the Jets.

My point is this, you NEVER know how someone is going to play in the NFL until they are there. Im not saying I want to see him picked by the Pats in a high draft pick, I dont care where he plays, but I hope he gets the chance to do so, and to do well enough to tell the Pro's who say they know talent as well as you guys in here that think you know what it takes to play in the NFL, which none of you have a freaking clue to begin with but think you do, where to go, just as Dirty Sanchez did this year at quaterback for the Jets.

You guys always give me a good days laugh at how intelligent you think you are as being football savy. Good thing some of you have day jobs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Hey maybe you dont have a football intellect, but that doesnt mean I dont. And as for the scouts, well they miss pro-bowlers every year. Welker, Bracket, Nick Harper, Antonio Pierce, Adewale Ogunleye, London Fletcher, Pat Williams, Adam Vinatieri, Bart Scott, Jeff Saturday, James Harrison, Rod Smith, Jason Peters, Jon Randle, Warren Moon, and some guy named Curt or Kurt Warner LOL. Scouts and GM's are wrong everyday/every year, and every draft. And maybe you didnt think anything of Edelman, Collie, or Garcon, but I thought all 3 would be perfect fits for their teams systems and QB's. One other guy you mentioned was J-Russell, I couldnt find one person with an ounce of football intelligence that thought he would amount to a functional person nevermind a real QB. He deserves a gold start for tying his shoes and moving on from the velcro kicks. Seriously though, I was dead on about him, he had a good last month in college, thats it. His physical gifts and the last month of his last year are the only reasons he was drafted.  Ive been a physical therapist for almost 8 years now and try to be best I can by learning as much as I can from as many different people/sources etc as possible. Besides my job/career and G/F, sports and politics play a huge role in my life, so Im constantly trying to learn as much a possible. Always trying to read up on different defense/offense, different styles of coaching/philosophy etc. So in other words..I have no life and although I hate religion I look up at the sky everyday and thank someone/anything that such a beautiful girl would actually stay with an ugly fu#k such as myself. Sorry if I was harsh, but it really bothers me when people pull the hindsight card. Its not monday morning QB'in when Im screaming at Fatty Little to pull Pety the first time he walked his cupcake azz out to the mound. I mean they started killing the ball the past two innings and...sorry that still bothers me(doesnt take much LOL LOL). I thought Maroney was a terrible pick then and still do, everyone from Minnesota was thought the same thing. You could tell from watching their games that Phoney Maroney loved running over smaller college kids, but M-Barber just loved running over everything. Two years ago I was kicking the TV when the PATS ddint grab J-Charles, and last year when we could have had Matthews and/or Maualuga/Laurinaitis, I wanted Laurinaitis. Hey Ive been dead wrong many times as well, I thought Joey Harrington was going to be a great QB, never got enough time LOL!  This Tebow BS has really got to me though, Im so sick n tired of people(morons) talking about his character and how good a person he is. I really dont care how nice players are, their character doesnt concern me at all. And Im sorry, but I think your a moron if you would/wouldnt draft someone because hes a nice guy. None of us will ever know anything about the real Brady, Seymor, or any other player. Just because they have some charity/foundation doesnt mean their a nice guy, they could be just doing it for the tax write-off or maybe they are good people. Point is we'll never know and I want my receiver to put 6 on the board more than anything. None of us are going to share a ceaser-wrap and Dr Pepper with Wilfork. As long as he occupys two, sometimes three o-line and stops the back from getting to the second level then were good. Tebow couldnt cook me breakfast, nevermind be an actual NFL QB. He sux under center, and has no speed, hes not running past or over anyone. Accuracy and his delivery are the biggest problem and are seldom fixed. Hes been throwing the same way for 15-17 years, it'll take 4-5 years to remake him into a viable QB and IMHO you cant teach accuracy. You either have that or you dont, I guess god doesnt think you need to be an accurate QB. His football awareness and presence are no where near NFL ready, along with his footwork. He reminds me of a bigger, slower version of Matt Cassell. Tebow isnt out-running David Harris and Calvin Pace and isnt running over James Harrison and Ray Lewis. And just like Cassell he cant hit air past 15 yards and is allergic to the deep ball. There are so many needs on this team, there isnt one position besides QB that you can say were good at. Oline/Dline , RB's, Rec's, Tight end, ILB/OLB, and the whole secondary are in need of major upgrades. If hes there in the 5-6 round then maybe, but just for trade bait. I wouldnt let him cut our grass, nevermind play on it. He couldnt cut it in college as a legitimate QB, think about it, how long did he have to develop and prove he has potential at that position?  How many plays can you recall that he made with his arm, how many times did he read and diagnose a defense and made them pay with his arm and QB intellect. Seriously, hes on the 2-3 yard line and instead of dropping back, surveying the field, and trying to find a matchup he likes, he makes a fu*king jump pass like hes Ray fu%king Allen. A jump pass! Let someone else spend millions and waste years making him into a poor mans Matt Cassell!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

How could a 7th rounder be a wasted pick? At that point you are taking a shot in the dark and 7th rounders rarely make the roster. 

I watched Brady play in college and he was very impressive so I don't know what you are talking about. It was clear he had a great arm and was accurate. 

If Tebow is around in the late round the Pats might take a shot at him. I imagine a team will pick him up before that so it's not worth thinking too much about it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Jamarcus Russell was drafted because of the last month he played in college. I will forever believe the fighting Al's picked him because of what he showed in the last month and his final game. Hey Ive been wrong alot, and will be the first to point that out, but I have no problem saying "Yup I had that one".  And again, just because you may not a clue doesnt mean I dont. Some of us actually do know what were talking about, and some dont, same goes for the pros. Its not easy by no means, I try and watch as much tape as possible, see how the prospect did against top/bottom competition, stats, body type,  how their game  would translate into the NFL, will/heart, and again I think the eye test is the biggest/best way to evaluate a prospect. Its not the hardest thing in the world, after all its just football. Take it easy with the "you guys always give me a good days laugh..football savy" , again just 'cause you dont/cant evaluate a player, and may not know chit about football doesnt mean we dont. I happen to love what I do and wouldnt trade it with being a football scout for a second.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Tebow = mediocre H-back, will get picked way too high and out of the league in three years.  If he sticks at QB, he'll be less effective than Joey Harrington.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Couldnt agree more, except Im not sure he'll even be a decent H/B, hes not elusive at all, has no real speed, and wont being running over NFL 'backers. For the life of me I cant understand what the hype is about. Hes not accurate at all and his delivery sux. You cant teach accuracy and hes had the same delivery since he was 9-10, it'll take 4-5 years to make him into a poor man's Matt Cassell. So he'll s u c k a lil' less 4 years for now, by 2015 he'll be Byron Leftwhich.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Edelman struggled in the playoffs? He is probably the only Pat who didn't struggle in that awful game. He caught two touchdowns, had a great punt return, and made plays in general. If that's him struggling, I don't mind it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Tebow would be a wasted pick. No way do the Patriots take him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He's best suited to QB for the Religious Right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

rock dog.a 6rd td,and a 1 yrd td.44 receiving yards.add the drop passes,and not always running the right routes,or out of position.im not saying the kid is bad,but still needs a lot of work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 1/19/2010
    Last: 1/30/2010
    I have to laugh here, not one of you including myself know anything about football as do the real NFL coaches.
    Everyone out here is saying Tim Tebow has no place in the NFL or is not going to be a good anything. I say Bullshiet to all of you.
    How many of you thought Edelman was a wasted pick huh? dont lie about it you know you did! Look at what he has become and where he is going!
    How many of you thought what a great pick Laura Maroney was, I did, and look at him now, headed for Dancing without the Stars! and a big boot in the assey for picking him!
    Point is, none of you know what Tebow will become so knock off with your false knowledge of what you think. You have no idea so stop acting like you do!
    Until he is on the field in pads and uniform no one knows! Not even Jimmi the Greek!

So if Tebow lasts until the 6th round I have no problem with wasting a pick then......otherwise he is a waste of a pick for the Pats in the first, second or third round.

Sections
Shortcuts