Hey TFB12!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Hey TFB12!!

Maybe this will help you a bit in your pain caused by the loss of WFW...I don't think they(pats) were trying to phase him out like you've stated many times here...!!!

Per Mike R....

"Can we also put one overblown Welker-based story to rest? When Welker's snaps were reduced in the first two games of the 2012 season, it wasn't because the Patriots were phasing him out of the offense. But somewhere along the line, this storyline grew so powerful that it almost became fact in the forum of public opinion. First, Welker admits he didn't have a great training camp. Also, part of the idea all along was to take a long-range view and limit some of the early-season wear and tear on Welker, who had slowed at the end of the 2011 season in part because of a high snap total. So when offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels called a running play that required a receiver to make a crack block or something of the like, if Welker could be spared that physical grind, why not? The other part of it was that Julian Edelman had earned more time in the eyes of the staff; his speed had improved markedly from 2011 to 2012, which added a different element to the passing game. So yes, Welker's playing time was reduced in the first two games (the Titans opener was a run-based plan), but only if you believe in conspiracy theories was it done in the context of phasing him out. The idea, first and foremost, was to preserve him for the long run."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Hey TFB12!!

Hey Leon, reiss is krafts 5 th son, so it's kind of hard to believe everything coming from him.  I'm sure pats feed information they want out there and don't want out there.  

If a Hernandez didn't get hurt last year, I said they were going to trade WELKER, like they did Moss when the player- team had a run in.  but when ahern got hurt they had to hold on to WELKER.  It probably pisses the pats off they never got a pick for him.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good post leonardo but I'm afraid many won't hear it above the noise.^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Hey Leon, reiss is krafts 5 th son, so it's kind of hard to believe everything coming from him.  I'm sure pats feed information they want out there and don't want out there.  

If a Hernandez didn't get hurt last year, I said they were going to trade WELKER, like they did Moss when the player- team had a run in.  but when ahern got hurt they had to hold on to WELKER.  It probably pisses the pats off they never got a pick for him.....

I heard from someone this week about this - that we were going to trade Welker at the beginning of the season, but then Hernandez went down. I'm surprised I haven't read it on here yet...maybe someone wrote about it and I just missed it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

A blind Man on a street corner could see that Welker was indeed being phased out at the beginning of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

A blind Man on a street corner could see that Welker was indeed being phased out at the beginning of the season.

i think it could have been both.....i do think reiss is right that they were probobaly saving some wear and tear on welker, but i also think they were preparing for life after welker. i knew it was a bad sign last year when wes said in an interview: "its nice to stick it in bill's face once in a while".

Sections
Shortcuts