Heyward-Bey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Heyward-Bey?

Just saw on NFL network Oakland cut him, any interest?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: Heyward-Bey?

good points. Its too bad, he had a decent year in 2011--64 receptions 975 yards--good size as well 6'2", 212 and only 26

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Raiders also released Michael Huff.. Anyone think the pats should give him a look at the safety spot???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Raiders also released Michael Huff.. Anyone think the pats should give him a look at the safety spot???

He is the kind of player that Bb likes can play like cb or s 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Dude, he can't play CB.  In fact, he has some big flaw (I think it's tackling). He's gotten worse every year since he came from Texas in the draft. Somewhat of a disappointment type pick for them, if I am not mistaken.

NE can do much better with a deep Safety market.

Yeah the market is crowded with dbs and yes you're right there are a lot of better players avaible but bb is bb...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Dude, he can't play CB.  In fact, he has some big flaw (I think it's tackling). He's gotten worse every year since he came from Texas in the draft. Somewhat of a disappointment type pick for them, if I am not mistaken.

Except he can play CB because he did it last year. Also i dont get how you come to the conclussion that he cant tackle if you look at his stats he has pretty good tackle totals. Dont get me wrong i also think we can do better i just think if the Safety market starts to dwindle he would be a decent pickup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

I would forsure take a chance on Bey. Close to 1000 a couple of years ago, hasn't had good qb play in Oakland. Lots of injuries on that offense to help him out. Good kid, athletic, has talent. 

I think it is low risk high reward type of signing and I think he would do a lot better with a QB and an offense like New England.

Just my opinion. I don't think he would cost much, but the contract obviously would have to be in favour of the Pats

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Dumb as a bag of rocks and bad hands.  Brady's head would implode on the 1st day of camp.

Agree king.  This guy is not the brightest bulb, that's for sure....pass.   Resign WELKER

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Except he can play CB because he did it last year. Also i dont get how you come to the conclussion that he cant tackle if you look at his stats he has pretty good tackle totals. Dont get me wrong i also think we can do better i just think if the Safety market starts to dwindle he would be a decent pickup.

That's fine, but they were desperate so he played there. Nice compliment to him, but I don't see it as a selling feature. He's a 30 year old Safety.

Who knows, maybe it was just the fact he was playing in Oakland?  I just feel there are better choices.

He's a 30 year old safety? You've been telling the world how we have to sign the 34 year old Wilson! Make sense once in while, you'll feel better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to braunzy's comment:

I would forsure take a chance on Bey. Close to 1000 a couple of years ago, hasn't had good qb play in Oakland. Lots of injuries on that offense to help him out. Good kid, athletic, has talent. 

I think it is low risk high reward type of signing and I think he would do a lot better with a QB and an offense like New England.

Just my opinion. I don't think he would cost much, but the contract obviously would have to be in favour of the Pats

Sign, what do you have to lose? He'll come cheap - he runs a 4.3 - I'd take him over Stallworth.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I would sign Heyward-Bey to the Stallworth deal.

Sign him for one week, have him catch a deep ball, then IR him.

Kid his fast, but cannot play football.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

oh how great receivers become with tom brady throwing to them,im for it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He is fast and has tons of no talent.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

That's fine, but they were desperate so he played there. Nice compliment to him, but I don't see it as a selling feature. He's a 30 year old Safety.

Who knows, maybe it was just the fact he was playing in Oakland?  I just feel there are better choices.

He's a 30 year old safety? You've been telling the world how we have to sign the 34 year old Wilson! Make sense once in while, you'll feel better.

Did you just compare an Adrian Wilson or an Ed Reed, each the two best in their respective conferences, to Mike Huff?

LOL!!!

And you think you know more about football than me? Tears!

No, I tried to make light of the fact that you're in a rush to sign a 34 year old safety. Tears! Can't be made up folks! It really can't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

i would rather have laron landry

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think Heyward Bey could be a steal for the Pats if they get him on the cheap. He's been getting progressively better...then set back with injuries. He could very well turn out to be the burner the Pats have been hoping for. Now that Wallace is signed, I don't see them spending too much cash for anyone but Wes...more like creating a stable of cheaper guys as per the usual. If they could pull him in as one of them that'd be great.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

I think Heyward Bey could be a steal for the Pats if they get him on the cheap. He's been getting progressively better...then set back with injuries. He could very well turn out to be the burner the Pats have been hoping for. Now that Wallace is signed, I don't see them spending too much cash for anyone but Wes...more like creating a stable of cheaper guys as per the usual. If they could pull him in as one of them that'd be great.

Yeah I want to say I heard/read he was getting better - he did have that injury last year though to his neck - still I wouldn't mind him here for some low risk/maybe some reward signing. You mention Wallace...Bey may run as fast and come at a fraction of the price.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

No! Spend to rebuild the defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to jgallag1's comment:

Yeah I want to say I heard/read he was getting better - he did have that injury last year though to his neck - still I wouldn't mind him here for some low risk/maybe some reward signing. You mention Wallace...Bey may run as fast and come at a fraction of the price.

Yeah, I think if he had Ben throwing him Bombs he could have had the chance to put up comparable Wallace numbers. I wouldn't mind taking a chance and seeing if that is the case! 

However, I think Nate Washington/Amendola are more of a typical Patriot signing. But wouldn't mind them bringing in a ~young speedster with some potential