Highest Rated GM's - Where does BB rank?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Highest Rated GM's - Where does BB rank?

Put it this way.   You just hit the lottery and the NFL is expanding.  You buy in with a new franchise.  You have to hire a GM.  How many people here are calling BB?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

There was a previous thread here a few weeks ago about BB vs all the otehr GMs from 2001 thru 2010 -BB had more players in the league and as All pros

But really, how many are there that have been doing it as long as BB?

Its one thing to get to the top, its another to stay there - (1)only Polian  ( who i hate) is even close to BB during that time and he is gone- (2)Ozzie is just starting- If his team makes the PO's this year he will begin. (3 and 4) SF and Seatle are at the dance for the first time. (5)GB has had even more problems putting pieces sround Rogers. (6)Pitts looks like it is swooning but had a nice run. This was not in any particular order and there may be others. In the end only BB has stayed at the top -

But ranting against every little defect on BB is getting tiring, useless and boring. And for that matter on TB as well. We as Pats fans are not "entitled" to winning SBs every year. We just didn't get the luck in the last 2 SBs. Some on Offense , Some on Defense - that's life!

Not really much more to be said. At least nothing new.

Except No Jets fan should be talking about anything cause there is nothing they can say anbout the Jets that is good

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

He is average to above until it comes to drafting DBs. He has been horrible with that position. MY only gripe after we got the WR position right this year

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

In those years, Dimitrioff and then Pioli left in successive years. Also, I don't know many teams that draft #1 or #2 CBs in the mid rds either.

The scouting infrastructure was really off track in 2008 and 2009 because Dimitrioff was the link to all the scouts, to Pioli and then into BB for final decisions.

He was some reasponsibility there, but it's pretty clear if you look at the years before and after, he's been fine in that area.

Samuel, Sanders, Hobbs, McCourty, Dennard and Ryan look pretty good, they obviously liked Arrington in 2009 because they signed him as a UDFA and cultivated him.

Meriweather just didn't mature in the program here and never really understood the cerbreal parts to grow.

It's not as bad you and your buddies spin it.  Butler is playing well with Indy.

The reason why it's tough to hit on WR and DBs here is because he asks so much of each position as compared to other teams that have one dimensional passing attacks and defensive secondary responsibilities.

Unless you are going top 15 for CB or Safety, you are very unlikely to hit a homerun.

Here let me help you out. Petey drafted Sherminator(a Starter) in the 5th round. Their # 2 CB, Browner was plucked from the CFL. Cam Chancellor in the 3rd.

See, Miracles do happen

Do you need me to make a list of all the starting CBs currently and where they were drafted? I dont think you want me to do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Put it this way.   You just hit the lottery and the NFL is expanding.  You buy in with a new franchise.  You have to hire a GM.  How many people here are calling BB?

Not me. Im serious. The guy is not a God. He is very good coach who has been around for 30 years. Thats good And bad. I would want a younger GM who has more of an eye at evaluating players and has more awareness of the "thug culture" coming into the NFL these days in order to avoid disasters like A -Ron Hernandez

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

I'll call him to coach.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

The answer to this thread is .... who cares? All we as fans, and this team, want is wins and championships. We will let others sort out the personal accolades and fantasy rankings.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

He is average to above until it comes to drafting DBs. He has been horrible with that position. MY only gripe after we got the WR position right this year

prior to this year, how did he do on WRs?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Of all the GMs that have littered the NFL with their failed proteges, BB is the best.

Of all QBs with a career passer rating under 72...Mark Sanchez is still not best...However, the Jets trade up to get him at #5 was a "great value"....lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Well. BB just extended his contract.  So, does it matter how he's ranked?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to IndyTony's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of all the GMs that have littered the NFL with their failed proteges, BB is the best.

Of all QBs with a career passer rating under 72...Mark Sanchez is still not best...However, the Jets trade up to get him at #5 was a "great value"....lol

[/QUOTE]

Pezzy is in the Revis thread telling me Bustchise Bludgeon's me. LOL!  The whole reason why Bustchise stalks me is due to embarrasment of the litany of beatings he's taken in here since 2009.  He thought his team had it together to catch and pass the Pats. Priceless.

The irony is, Bustchise created that name to pose here as a Pats fan, but wouldn't he think Sanchez is a bust if he is creating such a name?

Anyone with a brain laughed their balls off when the Jets traded up for Sanchez or even Keller.  Sanchez had bust written all over him and their moron fans took the bait with a name like "Sanchise".

Absolutely embarrassing and Jet-like.

[/QUOTE]

I don't normally reply often, I mostly just read what others write... the comments one makes make it extremely easy to tell who the true Pats fans are and who the Jets trolls are...screennames are just names

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His record on drafting RBs ain't so hot either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pezzy is in the Revis thread telling me Bustchise Bludgeon's me. LOL!  The whole reason why Bustchise stalks me is due to embarrasment of the litany of beatings he's taken in here since 2009.  He thought his team had it together to catch and pass the Pats. Priceless.

The irony is, Bustchise created that name to pose here as a Pats fan, but wouldn't he think Sanchez is a bust if he is creating such a name?

Anyone with a brain laughed their balls off when the Jets traded up for Sanchez or even Keller.  Sanchez had bust written all over him and their moron fans took the bait with a name like "Sanchise".

Absolutely embarrassing and Jet-like.

[/QUOTE]

I don't normally reply often, I mostly just read what others write... the comments one makes make it extremely easy to tell who the true Pats fans are and who the Jets trolls are...screennames are just names

[/QUOTE]

Right Rusty. This isn't another fake account supporting you, it's just a regular who posts infrequently. LMAO@U

I banish you to Ignoreland.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

2000 zip
    2001 zilch
    2002 Deion Branch 2nd 7th David Givens
    2003 Bethel Johnson 2nd
    2004 P.K. Sam 5th
    2005 zero
    2006 Chad Jackson 2nd
    2007 zot
    2008 Matt Slater 5th
    2009 Brandon Tate 3rd Julian Edelman 7th
    2010 Taylor Price 3rd
    2011 zippo
    2012 Jeremy Ebert 7th
    2013 Aaron Dobson 2nd Josh Boyce 4th

He doesn't draft many and for good reason. Check out these 1st round gems. They should all be household names right? Drafting WR and RB in the 1st round is a big risk.

Peter Warrick 4th overall pick
    Travis Taylor 10th
    Sylvester Morris 21st
    R. Jay Soward 29th
    David Terrell 8th
    Koren Robinson 9th
    Rod Gardner 15th
    Freddie Mitchell 25th
    Ashley Lelie 19th
    Javon Walker 20th
    Charles Rogers 2nd
    Bryant Johnson 17th