hightower... 35 of 70 snaps--- 2 total tackles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

hightower... 35 of 70 snaps--- 2 total tackles

Not sure about this guy.  if he's not in the backfield he kind of disappears.  Maybe he's young but I want to see more aggression and toughness.

thoughts...?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: hightower... 35 of 70 snaps--- 2 total tackles

I think he is playing very well. His coverage is improving to the point iof being adequate. Rare combo of size, speed and intelligence. Lets give him some time. He will be a 3 down impact player that could be a pro bowler. He reminds me a James Harrison

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's a rook he's going to have these types of games, esp coming back from an injury and without one of your starting DE's. That being said he's almost the opposite of Mayo, as far as their roles. This is why they will compliment each other very nicely in the proceeding years. Mayo is a box tackle machine. His job is to contain anything that gets past the front 5 (Spikes, Wilfork, Love/Deadrick, Nink, Jones) and keep plays in front of him. Hightower on the other hand is meant to be a disruptive player. Get into the backfield and force the QB to leave the pocket, hit behind the line, or force a RB to change his path and take longer to get back to the line so the Pats can gang tackle and possible cause a fumble. What that means in coming years is Mayo will continue to dominant the tackle numbers (reflective of the style of play BB uses him in) while Hightower will get the sack, TFL, and QB hurry numbers but not always the total tackle numbers (again that's the role BB will most likely use him in). I'll look at both as doing there jobs while others will debate which numbers are more important and make a great LB or not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's been out injured, just came back. Prior to that he was solid. He's the last one I'm worried about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess it's a common belief among a vocal and for the large part rude minority on this board that it's totally ubserd that a rookie 1st round draft pick could actually play consistently good football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Not sure about this guy.  if he's not in the backfield he kind of disappears.  Maybe he's young but I want to see more aggression and toughness.

thoughts...?

Too early to tell. He did play poorly in Miami. In the next two games against Houston and the 49ers, he really needs to step up. Both teams are running teams, who depend heavily on their TEs in the passing game. Hightower, Spikes, and Mayo need to be huge in these games. The offense won't be able to win these games themselves...especially with all the injuries. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I guess it's a common belief among a vocal and for the large part rude minority on this board that it's totally ubserd that a rookie 1st round draft pick could actually play consistently good football.

Is that the same minority that thinks a player who was DRoY and looks to be a close lock to his 2nd pro-bowl in his first 3 years just isn't that good?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So he's currently one behind Brandon Maryweather?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

6th on the team in tackles with 37 (28/9) and 3 sacks and he's played in 10 games.  The 5 ahead of him in total tackles have played in all 12.  I'm inclined to cut him some slack particularly since he's a rook.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's fine, he's learning a demanding position on the fly. People have to cut him some slack, he's a rookie. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he needs to play better, right now he kind of reminds me of Andy Katzenmoyer. I think he will improve - at least I hope.

Sections
Shortcuts