Hightower is the worst pass rusher /contain LB in the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Hightower is the worst pass rusher /contain LB in the league

What a complete waste of talent...  That first time that Newton strolled out of the pocket tthrough a wide open pass rush/escape lane.  Hightower was right there running into his own DT...

Like he had no clue to look for this hole and either FILL it  (contain)  or RUN THRU IT  (pass rush)   Complete dipsh1t as far as I can see...  No football IQ or instincts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Hightower is the worst pass rusher /contain LB in the league

i will admit I dont see what everyone else sees when they say he is really playing well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The first time he displyed this particular flaw was I believe against San Fran last year and Kaepernick.  Same exact thing...  He tries to run up the middle,  gets stuffed and watches the QB run through a wide open lane.  

Just Horrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Where are all you Hightower apologists now?????  EVeryone who said he will step up and become the MLB we all want him to be.  Gregory even took the green dot away from him before he broke his wrist!!  He is total TRASH!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But, but, but...Belichick picked him in the first round.

He's gold.  He has emerged.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

He is hot garbage. 

I expected DMC to play better than what he did last night.  I heard he was pro bowl material, at saftety of course.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question about it, that one play in that one game says it all. Guy's got no talent, has no business being on the field, just a total waste. Could have gotten him as an undrafted free agent for sure and maybe, just maybe, might have been 53rd on the roster if he were lucky.  Yup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

No question about it, that one play in that one game says it all. Guy's got no talent, has no business being on the field, just a total waste. Could have gotten him as an undrafted free agent for sure and maybe, just maybe, might have been 53rd on the roster if he were lucky.  Yup.

Are you mocking people for their overreactions?  Good for you...you beat me to it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

hEY ATJ... he might be great filling other responsibilities , but he just sucks going after and containng runnig qBs. 

go ahead and explain what he was doing on that play and how kuechley would have played it for example...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

HIGHTOWER is NOT an impact player whatsoever...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I can cite one or two plays where Hightower missed his assignment/lost contain vs. an elite mobile NFL QB, therefore common sense dictates that he's the worst.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Attack the poster and ignore the topic....  Not very clever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I can cite one or two plays where Hightower missed his assignment/lost contain vs. an elite mobile NFL QB, therefore common sense dictates that he's the worst.  

On another thread, I pointed out one that resulted in Newton gaining a lot of yards for a first down. Beyond, that I am not sure I saw him miss a lot. If at all, he just was not the speedy LB that they need for that job.

Last night, I think Kuechly showed the league what kind of LB everyone should be trying to make sure they have on their team. Alonso, I believe was that LB in 2013. I think there are a couple coming out who could be that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

is there such a thing as being to big for your position, maybe he should be developed as a hand on the ground DE pass rusher

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

seems to be a recurring problem for him.  Check out Geno Smiths TD run the last time the jets played the pats.  The guy looked absolutely lost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to the challenge placed before me, I would pose the following question:

Under BB's defensive scheme in the context of last night's defensive game plan what was Hightower's assignment(s)?  What was he supposed to be doing in the various defensive sets called?  Were the Pats in man when he 'blew' his assignment(s)? Zone? Combination?

I'll grant you that on a couple of the plays identified it appeared as though Hightower didn't make the play that was there to be made.  However, unless you know the answers to the questions I've posed, labeling him the 'space-waster' that the above posts seem to have is at best premature and most probably an overreaction.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Believe me, I've tried to like the guy...  But when you see a play like that , it seems like a fatal flaw...

Like...  What possibly could he be doing running into the back of his DT when there is a wide open lane to his right...

Defies explanation other than he is more of a poser and less of a player.   more of a numbskull and less of an instinctive playmaker.  It's kinda obvious and once again its coolade that has to comment on the elephant in the room. . Sorry...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Believe me, I've tried to like the guy...  But when you see a play like that , it seems like a fatal flaw...

Like...  What possibly could he be doing running into the back of his DT when there is a wide open lane to his right...

Defies explanation other than he is more of a poser and less of a player.   more of a numbskull and less of an instinctive playmaker.  It's kinda obvious and once again its coolade that has to comment on the elephant in the room. . Sorry...

Respectfully, so you don't really know what scheme the Pats were in or what Hightower's assignment(s) were - am I correct?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

someone say coolade????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The good news on Hightower is we finally found a guy who will eat every last ounce of food on the locker room buffet table, because that stuff was going to waste (and that's just not cool). As for playing football? I'm not going to wait 4 years to call him a bust (like Chung), or Merriweather, or Maroney, or Brace, or Cunningham. The sad part is that every one of those players showed more than Hightower at this point in their careers...that is a fact. He does nothing. BUST.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to the challenge placed before me, I would pose the following question:

Under BB's defensive scheme in the context of last night's defensive game plan what was Hightower's assignment(s)?  What was he supposed to be doing in the various defensive sets called?  Were the Pats in man when he 'blew' his assignment(s)? Zone? Combination?

I'll grant you that on a couple of the plays identified it appeared as though Hightower didn't make the play that was there to be made.  However, unless you know the answers to the questions I've posed, labeling him the 'space-waster' that the above posts seem to have is at best premature and most probably an overreaction.

That's a point that many here fail to grasp.  They see a linebacker on the opposing team appear to perform better than one of our players and then make the leap that if we only had that player on our team, he would automatically outperform our player (who is now labled a bust).  They don't stop to consider that, even if you could simply transplant that player to our team, the player's performance is going to appear different due to differences in coaching philosophy and gameplanning.  It's not simply about the player's abilities...it's also about all of those things you have listed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Respectfully, so you don't really know what scheme the Pats were in or what Hightower's assignment(s) were - am I correct?

Look that is why I asked for you to explain it.  I have no clue what the hell he was doing...  on that play and the almost identical play against Kaepernick (on the left side that time)...

It defies common sense and what a seasoned football fan expects  to see...!   Like a Bruschi for instance....  ever see him do that...?   no.   Bruschi would get to that position and READ THE PLAY...   Next he would get in that gap and gather himself and Sack Newton or keep him in the pocket.

The other point is that you are not sayng what his responsibilty was since there was no running back there.   He wasn't covering anybody...

So again... no recognition, no instinct , no pressure, no coverage, no contain...  Not good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I was really big on the Hightower pick.  But he's been a real underachiever so far.  I'm pretty disappionted in him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BUST!! Oh and let me know when everybody finally catches up realizes Dink is a pretty horrible LB also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Oh and let me know when everybody finally catches up realizes Dink is a pretty horrible LB also.

That is pretty much never going to happen.  Sorry.

Sections
Shortcuts