Hightower

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Hightower

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ah, but, if you blitz, and it gets picked up....ouch. That secondary will look even worse. They need the fron 4 to be more consistent first and foremost. It's not worth blitzing if they aren't already forcing double teams and protection problems.

[/QUOTE]

Who is the pats CB coach. Why does he not teach our CB's to turn their head and play the ball and not the reciever, Like every other team does in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I've been asking this question for 3 years. McCourty did it when he was a rookie, but doesn't anymore, and didn't last year. That SCREAMS coaching to me. In theory, I guess if you look for the ball, you open yourself up to letting it go over your head and giving up a home run. But I think we've all seen it enough to know it is NOT how you play corner unless you want to get a lot of PI calls against you, and reduce the amount of INTs you get.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

He has the potential to be a Ty Warren-type guy that can play in or outside. I know he's not as bulky...or at least he's not listed that way. He came into the league at 255, but he seems to be bigger than that now.

Thanks for the correction prolate. Kyle Love has been a nice surprise. What was he? 6/7th rounder? Ron Brace is a disappointment. In spots, he looks good, then disappears for weeks on end.

This is what I'd like to see a few times:

Jones/Wilfork/Love/Cunningham

Line them up and see what they can do. I think puting Jones and Wilfork next to each other creates real problems for the OLine, letting Cunningham and Love mostly work 1-on-1. You're likely to get a TE to stay in and help, which can only help the secondary.

I figure Nink plays more because he does set the edge well...but I'm not worried about getting run on all day in today's NFL. Especially against Buffalo with Fred Jackson just getting back from injury. Dare them to, if Jackson runs wild and Buffalo wins because of that...well, the problems run deeper than I think.

[/QUOTE]

Love has really grown in the role.  I agree, I'd like to see a few more plays with Cunningham replacing Nink.  See how it goes.  Still, I see this as a 4-3 front, because neither Jones or Cunningham are looking like LBs who can drop into coverage.  They are headed upfield every play, I think. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ah, but, if you blitz, and it gets picked up....ouch. That secondary will look even worse. They need the fron 4 to be more consistent first and foremost. It's not worth blitzing if they aren't already forcing double teams and protection problems.

[/QUOTE]

Who is the pats CB coach. Why does he not teach our CB's to turn their head and play the ball and not the reciever, Like every other team does in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I've been asking this question for 3 years. McCourty did it when he was a rookie, but doesn't anymore, and didn't last year. That SCREAMS coaching to me. In theory, I guess if you look for the ball, you open yourself up to letting it go over your head and giving up a home run. But I think we've all seen it enough to know it is NOT how you play corner unless you want to get a lot of PI calls against you, and reduce the amount of INTs you get.

[/QUOTE]

I just think the CB's should atleast turn there head just to see where the ball is at in the air, If they wanna go back to playing the reciever after that, thats fine just find out where the ball is in there air to atleast have some kind of mental clock as to when the ball is going to be there to have a chance to break it up if not undercut the route and pick it off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Well, part way through the 2nd quarter, and by my count, Cunningham has gotten to the QB 3 times, leading to 2 sacks, and one ugly folding of the QB.

Looks good so far!

And again, this is against an OLine that had given up 1 sack through the first 3 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Turning or not, that was a helluva catch by Chandler and a good effort by Chung.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, part way through the 2nd quarter, and by my count, Cunningham has gotten to the QB 3 times, leading to 2 sacks, and one ugly folding of the QB.

Looks good so far!

And again, this is against an OLine that had given up 1 sack through the first 3 games.

[/QUOTE]

He's been a bright spot.  They were doing more with the LBs on the pass rush too, until Hightower got injured. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yeah, good point about Hightower.

Maayo probably isn't covering Spiller on that long play if Hightower is in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Looks good so far!

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, he has been active - got to hand it to him so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

whoops. Edit work yet?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

YUP!