Hilarious - Entire '85 AFC TItle Game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Hilarious - Entire '85 AFC TItle Game

Yeah, thats weird. Why did they do that? Anyway, I rememer that game. Wasnt a Pats fan per say, but I was rooting like heck for them because I HATED Miami back then. I had a friend at school who was a Dolphins fan, and was always running his mouth about them. At that time I liked the Steelers, who never had any luck against Miami. I liked the Pats that year in the PS, pulled for them all the way through. But nobody was gonna beat Chicago that year. I like red pants though. Thought that was a cool look back then. Like to see the Pats pull them out once for a road game. Reminds me of watching the NFL when I was a kid. I still dont like it that there is no Houston Oilers team anyore. It aint right I tell ya!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

One of my poker buddies is a big Miami fan and a trash talker, really bitter about pats domination lately.  So I remind him of past glory years for phins, etc.

So somehow I googled something and happened upon that you tube version of that game.  I started watching it on my phone burning up massive data....lol.  Totally cool somebody put that entire game on YouTube.  I remember watching it after skiing most of the day to blow off stress.  great game

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

1900 posts in 1 month.  That must be a new record, breaking the record previously set by your last username.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

1900 posts in 1 month.  That must be a new record, breaking the record previously set by your last username.

[/QUOTE]

guy is a nut job for sure

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, thats weird. Why did they do that? Anyway, I rememer that game. Wasnt a Pats fan per say, but I was rooting like heck for them because I HATED Miami back then. I had a friend at school who was a Dolphins fan, and was always running his mouth about them. At that time I liked the Steelers, who never had any luck against Miami. I liked the Pats that year in the PS, pulled for them all the way through. But nobody was gonna beat Chicago that year. I like red pants though. Thought that was a cool look back then. Like to see the Pats pull them out once for a road game. Reminds me of watching the NFL when I was a kid. I still dont like it that there is no Houston Oilers team anyore. It aint right I tell ya!

[/QUOTE]

You weren't always a Pats fan? 

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Liked the Steelers when I was a kid because my older brother did. That was at the tail end of the Bradshaw era. By the time I was old enough to follow football, Bradshaw was washed up, and we got Mark Malone. He was ok, but never l led them anywhere. I got sick of Pittsburg by around 1990 and followed the Bills during their SB runs. Still one of the best teams ever IMO. I liked the team itself less than I did some of the guys that were on it. James Lofton, Ande Reed, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, etc. Mostly I fell in with them because they were the one team Miami could not handle. The Bills put beatdown after beatdown on them. That playoff game in the snow after the 1990 season is still one of my favorite nfl memories. But when those guys were gone, I lost interest in Buffalo. Ive since followed SF and NE. The Pats have always been a team Ive had a soft spot for. Rooted for them in 01 SB because I hated the Rams. Then, that 03/04 team is one of the best Ive ever seen. They literally played like mahines, incredible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

Says the fat old dork who moved to Kansas, arguably this nation's ugliest state. Good work!

[/QUOTE]

LOL. actually I moved to Oklahoma, with rolling hills and red dirt. kansas is not a bad place.

mighty is right. everytime you get booted off the board you come back and make 2000 usless posts in 2 weeks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I love it when you guys talk dirty!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Thats cool, it looks so much different. Before my time but my dad was always a big time fan. He says the Patriots were not anything like the Patriots of today. Those guys sure wore high pads back then.  Those old uniforms look pretty cool. If the game was in Miam why did they paint Patriots in the end zone? Speaking of that it looks like the letters aren't even spaced right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Liked the Steelers when I was a kid because my older brother did. That was at the tail end of the Bradshaw era. By the time I was old enough to follow football, Bradshaw was washed up, and we got Mark Malone. He was ok, but never l led them anywhere. I got sick of Pittsburg by around 1990 and followed the Bills during their SB runs. Still one of the best teams ever IMO. I liked the team itself less than I did some of the guys that were on it. James Lofton, Ande Reed, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, etc. Mostly I fell in with them because they were the one team Miami could not handle. The Bills put beatdown after beatdown on them. That playoff game in the snow after the 1990 season is still one of my favorite nfl memories. But when those guys were gone, I lost interest in Buffalo. Ive since followed SF and NE. The Pats have always been a team Ive had a soft spot for. Rooted for them in 01 SB because I hated the Rams. Then, that 03/04 team is one of the best Ive ever seen. They literally played like mahines, incredible.

[/QUOTE]

Do you own a band wagon.  ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvLXUDZKiC0

It's sort of odd that they painted on end zone for the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

Good find Russ. That game brings back so many memories of that year. 

I watched that game on a T.V similar to this one

Look at those turn knobs. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Says the fat old dork who moved to Kansas, arguably this nation's ugliest state. Good work!

[/QUOTE]

LOL. actually I moved to Oklahoma, with rolling hills and red dirt. kansas is not a bad place.

mighty is right. everytime you get booted off the board you come back and make 2000 usless posts in 2 weeks

[/QUOTE]

Not unless you are driving 1-70 through KS the end of July and your fuel bump goes on your car

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

"Horse-collard at the 50 by Bob Brudsinski"

which was not a penalty back then but a good play.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you own a band wagon.  ;)

[/QUOTE]

Haha, something like that I guess. I grew up in so many different places because we moved around a lot, so I never had any georaphical loyalty to one team. I tend to like teams because I like a certain group of players or like their style of play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvLXUDZKiC0

It's sort of odd that they painted on end zone for the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

Good find Russ. That game brings back so many memories of that year. 

I watched that game on a T.V similar to this one

Look at those turn knobs. lol

[/QUOTE]

Hilarious. I had a squish the fish t-shirt.  They felt like a team of destiny after the 2 road wins already.  The D was highly underrated, especially in the face of what the Bears were doing in the NFC.

My uncles flew down to Miami on a charter flight and stayed the Conover (may not exist anymore) and apparently partied all weekend.  Not a shock, away from the wives, etc. hehe

They also took over the hotel as a mad amount of Pats fans also made their way down to the Orange Bowl.   I remember all the stories about fans lining 95 eith signs and stuff as the buses drove Providence for the flight down there.

I could not believe they beat the Raiders the week before and then with the weather conditions being so wet in Miami, everything started to line up nicely.

After re-watching this game, I forgot how many turnovers NE got from Miami. 

These were the days were you just had to get in line to get SB tickets, so when my uncles returned from Miami, tickets for the SB went on sale that Tuesday morning so all you had to do was get in line. If they had em, you got em.   Once they got them, they were offered a ton of cash for them for those who didn't get them, right there on the spot.  $75 for face back in 1986.

lol

One more thing, I used to not like Dick Enberg back in the day because he was always so ga-ga over Elway and would always get those games on NBC in the 4 o'clock slot, and NE would always lose out there/I hated Elway and Denver. But, I almost like the casual gamecalling even if it's corny.  Compare the styles today to the oldschool sportscasters and the more toned down, less forced stuff is much better.

Charlie Jones was the best, though.

[/QUOTE]

I always liked Enberg, but I think Pat Summeral was the all time greatest. He was the king of toned down and casual!