Hines Ward probably stating the fact

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Hines Ward probably stating the fact

And when will the B-Backs for the Pats finally get ticked off to the point they begin playing defense?  If they pay attention to any of the talking heads, all you hear is how horrible the Pats passing D is and the overall opinion of the D.  Somewhere, somehow, something has to click with them!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

If statements like Wards do not get you motivated than its time to find another job!!! New England has been letting way to many teams run their mouths and then they don"t do anything about it, i.e. ( JETS). I get that belichek doesn't allow his guys to speak out, but if thats the case you better bring it during the game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Hines Ward probably stating the fact

http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/02/steelers-wr-hines-ward-sat-out-because-patriots-secondary-is-bad/?sct=nfl_t2_a4

Apparently he didnt feel the need to rush to getting back to the field as he was sure their WR would kick our backs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Hines Ward probably stating the fact:
    If statements like Wards do not get you motivated than its time to find another job!!! New England has been letting way to many teams run their mouths and then they don"t do anything about it, i.e. ( JETS). I get that belichek doesn't allow his guys to speak out, but if thats the case you better bring it during the game.
    Posted by PATinPA

Amen to that. I do hope we use this as a motivation and win out the rest of the games!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He didn't say anything controversial. He said what the whole  world is saying about this D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Hines Ward probably stating the fact:
    He wasn't doing much anyway. I think it's an incredibly arrogant statement from an arrogant individual. I hope we draw Pitt in the postseason and I hope it's in Pitt. When your team plays an A game and we play a C game, and you barely win by 6 points at home? I don't see how that's a position to brag. Flip the script: IF NE barely beat Pitt at home and Brady threw an INT that handed Pitt a TD, and we stalled on offense in  second half, settling for FGs, etc, and got gifts from the refs, TDs not called TDs, etc... What would your reaction be? Mine? "Phew, tough game, we didn't play as well as it looked, but we got away with one against a good team." That's my reaction. It's funny to me how overblown a road loss is by the Patriots. Minny lights up GB with Christian Ponder and the dramatics are nowhere near this level. Regular season beasts, those Steelers. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

that's because the Packers won

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

He was just stating the obvious: "the secondary is bad". Not only did they give up completions underneath, but giving up 3rd and long completions (3rd & 15 and 3rd &17) was totally demoralizing. Some folks are in denial and respond that the Steelers only beat us by 6 points, but the truth is that they dominated every phase of the game. They moved the ball at will and limited Brady to a season's low in passing yardage. We had no running attack and our special teams were hardly special, especially Gostkowski. We got thrashed and the secondary is truly awful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hines states the obvious. Rodney most recently stating a bit of the same. So is every other analyst that covers the NFL. Our secondary is terrible, and overall defense not something to be proud of.

Russ will make you all feel better by saying "Pitt brought their A game and only won by 6 points when we brought our C game..."....sorry Russ, I ain't buying what you are selling this time.

I don't think we brought a C game on defense or offense. Pitt smothered our WRs and blitzed like the Jets did last year, and we couldn't score. Thats not a C game, thats Pitt playing a better A game than our A game. Did TB throw any interceptions? Did we do anythign to justify this being labled a C game? OR was Pitt's gameplan, personnel and execution just better than us last Sunday?

On Defense, our C game is about what we have. Russ, if you think we can produce A games from a C defense, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Can they rise above themselves? sure...produce a B game at best. They can also sink to D or F level as easily as they can B or A. It's about where you start from, and clearly, this defense is (i wish) average.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Steelers are going to thrash the Ravens next week and will become AFC favorites.  Pats wouldn't have beaten Pitt at home in that game.  Barely showed up.

Not sure what the deal is, but something changed even just over the past couple weeks.  Took a Brady comeback against Dallas or this team would be 4-3, same as the Jets.  

They're playing like a junior varsity defense against varsity teams. Next Sunday will be telling.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts