Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised?

In Response to Re: Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised?:
    I hate this award.  I hate the idea of it.  Hines Ward has been a good reciever, and he blocks.  People get mad.  Whatever.  I respect him.  Rodney got this same award, its the "oh, boo hoo someone hit me" award.  !  And no, im not a steeler fan, i hate them.  Just because I like the Pats doesn't mean I hate other teams players.  i do that on an individual basis, only general hate on a team basis.  For instance, I will hate Joey Porter even if he plays for the pats next year.  cause he is a loudmouth jerk. I also think Peyton Manning is a good QB.  Because guess what, he is.  Still want to see him on his backside or raising his hands in the air after a pick,though.
    Posted by Davedsone

Nobody is begrudging Hines Ward his right to make a block. This is about cheapshots. To reiterate what roadking said.Keith Rivers was hit with a blind side cheapshot block to the head that broke his jaw and put him out for the season.(The league has since banned those kind of hits) Ward Stated afterwards that he'd do it again and didn't care about getting a penalty. I know you're not a Bengals fan but what if Ward did that to say, Jerod Mayo. I bet you would have a problem with that. This is a nasty habit for Ward but the only time you may notice it is when he gets flagged for it.Like I said before if you want to win you don't care about having a few guys like that on your team. I am just pointing out the whining, cry baby, Self righteous Hipocrisy that comes from the Steelers when they lose.... and they are one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

ewhite, I was thinking the same thing, if that hit had been on Mayo I think we all would've been hot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Hines Ward only hits unsuspecting players that don't see him coming????  Watch highlights of his best hits.  Ask Ed Reed if he saw him coming, ask Bart Scott.  Better yet, ask Earl Little if Ward wasn't straight up to him when he got knocked the f*#k out.  And, Little knew it was coming as he started the whole thing.  I could go on and on, but that's just off the top of my head.

The hit on Rivers?  Not an illegal play, and if Rivers doesn't break his jaw, it's not a dirty hit but a great one.  How many receivers would've went for Rivers knees in that instance?  See, people don't like WR's that hit and have a defensive mentality like Ward has.

Here's the bottom line:  Hines Ward is a football player.  He could've played in any era.  He made his name on special teams his first two years, then re-wrote virtually every receiving record in Steelers history.  12 years and still going strong.  Bar none, the toughest, most physical, best blocking WR to play the game.  A player opposing defensive coordinators have to game-plan and specifically account for on every play.

Super Bowl MVP and a sure-fire Hall Of Famer.  With no apologies....

STEELERS NATION HAS SPOKEN      

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"ALSO, you are right, it is pretty shit*y when an offensive player gets this award.  It makes tough defensive players look like babies." - Underdogg

This is just one of the best examples ever of Underdogg being a hater, and a hypocrite. Ok Underdogg so when Rodney Harrision whom you have bashed for years for being a dirty player but so when Rodney Harrison plays hard and blows people up and what not he is a "dirty player" and you talk all this junk about him but when other players do it you consider them "tough defensive players"? And in fact you now say that defensive players should be embarrassed that they didnt win this award? But if Rodney wins the award its not cause he is a tough player but rather because he is dirty? Could you show us all your true colors as a Patriots hater anymore or do you need more time?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Steelers nation has spoken....and given its players roids since the 70s

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Interesting that three of the "top ten" are current or former stealers, but the sports press has made Rodney the poster boy for cheap hits. 

Ironic that I've personally seen Rodney absorb more cheap hits than he ever dealt out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I do appreciate the physical Steelers style of play, however, to equate this bunch with the greats of all time is absurd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

In Response to Re: Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised?:
    Steelers nation has spoken....and given its players roids since the 70s
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Comeback.  Never heard this original one.  Funny how the Patsies always fall back on this tired, played-out line.  Riddle me this: who was the last Patsies player to get clipped for HGH?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

ewhite, I was thinking the same thing, if that hit had been on Mayo I think we all would been hot.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

That's exactly to the point Roadking. Remember when Rodney Harrison had his knees taken out by a wide receiver that just dove at them.Season Over for Rodney. I was pi$$ed for about a year after that. He never regained his speed after that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised? : Comeback.  Never heard this original one.  Funny how the Patsies always fall back on this tired, played-out line.  Riddle me this: who was the last Patsies player to get clipped for HGH? STEELERS NATION HAS SPOKEN
    Posted by nitch19

The reason MVPKilla mentions that is because it's true.
    Interestingly enough Rodney got pinched for HGH because he was recovering from that 2005 knee injury.

Does anyone remember that it was Cedric Wilson, Wide receiver from the Steelers that dove at Rodney's knees and put him out for the season? Rodney's knee bent straight back..It was gross to see.

Good thing Cedric had Hines Ward and Plaxico teaching him how to play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If people call you dirty, it likely means you are doing something right.

That said, there is something to be made of reputation.

Six of the top ten there are Titans or Steelers, counting players that moved on. To be honest, after all the talk here, I consider the Titans to be the dirtiest team in football, not the Steelers.

Porter is a loud-mouth, but I don't consider him dirty. They have Clark and Troy. Clark is ten times dirtier, but Troy makes that list. Hmm. Anyhow, they are hard hitting. Some consider that dirty, especially when it is a safety involved.

When NE plays the Steelers, I expect a tough game, and causualties may occur. When NE plays the Titans, I hope Fisher hasn't taken a hit out on NE's players. Two different ballparks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

In Response to Re: Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised? : The reason MVPKilla mentions that is because it's true. Interestingly enough Rodney got pinched for HGH because he was recovering from that 2005 knee injury. Does anyone remember that it was Cedric Wilson, Wide receiver from the Steelers that dove at Rodney's knees and put him out for the season? Rodney's knee bent straight back..It was gross to see. Good thing Cedric had Hines Ward and Plaxico teaching him how to play.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Where to begin.......

Ummmm, Wilson's first four years in the league were with the Niners.  I have no idea what he was "taught" there.  He was signed by Six-burgh due to Plaxico signing with the Giants in '05.  So, Wilson wasn't taught anything from Plaxico as they were never teammates.  And, he sure as hell didn't learn diving at DB's knees from Ward.  Name me one time Ward has tried to take anyone's knees out or been accused of it.  Again, he doesn't need to, but could've done just that to Rivers but stated he doesn't play that way.  When you're pound for pound one of the toughest players to (ever) play in the league, you don't have to.  But, I'll tell you Ward does teach the WR's blocking and accountability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Nitch

Calm the eff down.  I agree that Ward is the kind of guy that I'd want on my team and I don't like the Steelers one bit.  I'd take Polamalu tomorrow too.  You're on a Pats board, what the h e l l are you expecting here?  Are you that insecure that someone is dissing your team behind your back?  Sheesh!  Steelers Nation? Please!  If you're representing Steelers nation you all are a bunch of thin skinned paranoids.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Nitch Calm the eff down.  I agree that Ward is the kind of guy that I'd want on my team and I don't like the Steelers one bit.  I'd take Polamalu tomorrow too.  You're on a Pats board, what the h e l l are you expecting here?  Are you that insecure that someone is dissing your team behind your back?  Sheesh!  Steelers Nation? Please!  If you're representing Steelers nation you all are a bunch of thin skinned paranoids.   
    Posted by BrooklineRob

Ok, point taken.  Just wanted to weigh in with my take.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

"ALSO, you are right, it is pretty shit*y when an offensive player gets this award.  It makes tough defensive players look like babies." - Underdogg This is just one of the best examples ever of Underdogg being a hater, and a hypocrite. Ok Underdogg so when Rodney Harrision whom you have bashed for years for being a dirty player but so when Rodney Harrison plays hard and blows people up and what not he is a "dirty player" and you talk all this junk about him but when other players do it you consider them "tough defensive players"? And in fact you now say that defensive players should be embarrassed that they didnt win this award? But if Rodney wins the award its not cause he is a tough player but rather because he is dirty? Could you show us all your true colors as a Patriots hater anymore or do you need more time?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Its just my opinion, but I think it does make defensive players look like babies.  They want to be able to tee off on defensless QB's, and like to talk about knocking people out of games, but they don't want to be blindsided with a clean hit by an offensive player.  Again this does not mean Ward is not dirty.  He's laid some dirty wood (don't get aroused gmbill, that's not what I meant), but he's also separated some players from their senses with very clean hits, too. 

And defensive players should be embarrased, because they are voting for a wide receiver for this award.  It just smacks of wahhhhhhhh.

As for Roidney HGHarrison, I was just being funny when I asked "missin' Rodney, eh?"  I posted 4 times after this quip and not once mentioned Harrison's name although many others have discussed him. 

But since you bring him up, Roidney HGHarrison pefected the "after a player is tackled" hit.  No one took an extra, unnecessary shot more than HGHarrison.  He did not receive this noteriety 3 or 4 times for no reason at all.  When he plays straight up he's fine.  He was not dirty on every play.  He was just the dirtiest of many.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Hines Ward voted the dirtiest palyer in the league...Surprised? : Where to begin....... Ummmm, Wilson's first four years in the league were with the Niners.  I have no idea what he was "taught" there.  He was signed by Six-burgh due to Plaxico signing with the Giants in '05 .  So, Wilson wasn't taught anything from Plaxico as they were never teammates.  And, he sure as hell didn't learn diving at DB's knees from Ward.  Name me one time Ward has tried to take anyone's knees out or been accused of it.  Again, he doesn't need to, but could've done just that to Rivers but stated he doesn't play that way.  When you're pound for pound one of the toughest players to (ever) play in the league, you don't have to.  But, I'll tell you Ward does teach the WR's blocking and accountability. STEELERS NATION HAS SPOKEN 
    Posted by nitch19

Nitch,
    I listen to Steelers c r a p all day long on sirius. Tune in and you can hear your buddy Adrian from pittsburgh. I listened to spygate c r a p for 1 year straight from steelers fans. You can take a little back when one of your guys is called dirty. I'm glad you can verify that Hines Ward didn't teach Wilson to dive at knees. I was just pointing out the history of recent flakes and big mouths that they have had and I didn't even mention Porter. Sarcasm my man..You need a sense of humor and remember it's only football.

Sections
Shortcuts