HISTORICAL TURNAROUND FOR THE DEFENSE and BRADY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

HISTORICAL TURNAROUND FOR THE DEFENSE and BRADY!

heard kerry byrne from cold hard football facts lay down some cold hard stats on eei yesterday about our defense. first, in all his years of studying these things (6 years) and as far as he knows no team in the HISTORY of the game has ever had the kind of turnaround the pats have enjoyed the last 5-6 games. just around the time of the indy game, we were 27th in the league in defensive efficiency rankings. since then, we have gone up by TEN spots to 17th. our defensive passing rating was 94.7, since then it is 82.4. to put in perspective, the former is brady's career rating, the latter is bledsoe's. who would you rather face as a qb? going 6 games to pitt, we were allowing qbs to complete 70.2 percent of their passes. only the 0-16 lions had ever allowed as much in the history of the game. since then we have dropped down to a more manageable 64.9 percent. across the board everything else has dropped from third down percentage to ave per attempt, as the interception total have skyrocketed. 

to get more perspective on this team, consider that we are 7-1 versus teams going to the playoffs. those 7 wins are the highest in history. pats have played 11 games against the top 11 scoring defenses. for last 7 games, in plus minus they are a plus 22 in terms of creating more turnovers in regards to the total you commit. in comparison, we were a combined plus 30 for all 3 of our super bowl winning seasons. 

pats are the most efficient offense in HISTORY, in regards to the scorability factor. this is defined in terms of yards needed to score a point... pats need only 11 yards to score a point. for every 77 yards we score a TD. its like scoring a TOUCHDOWN on every drive, far better than even '07. this means that we are maximizing effort and not wasting energy out there. this measures everything from special teams to field position (including after interceptions and fumbles).  

for example, versus green bay it took our offense only 43 plays to score 31 points, against the jets we only needed 58 plays to create 45 points. brady presently has a passing rating of almost 110, which is the 7th best in history. lumped in with '07, brady would own 2 of the 7 highest ratings in history. no other qb even has 2 of the top 12. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: HISTORICAL TURNAROUND FOR THE DEFENSE and BRADY!

In Response to Re: HISTORICAL TURNAROUND FOR THE DEFENSE and BRADY!:
    Oh-  forgot to add , we have Dale Earnhardt driving our Pinto...
    Posted by patsfan76
    great reference.. along with the best owner and management team. pats win most games from behind the scenes and before the snap. san fran by bringing in the retreaded parcells wants to try the same approach. hopefully they dont pick up chad henne in a trade. heard troy brown the other day repeat that the 07 team was a soft finesse team with little guts. again, the beaten to death moss effect! i really do not c how this team loses in the playoffs. we still have not peaked yet. not even close. as the wrights and cunninghams return, we should get even better, plus we are playing at home til the super bowl!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Rememba the day where Brady's QB rating was about 85 every year?  This is his best year IMO..the 07' season was filled with meaningless stats, most points scored in garbage time, and half of Moss' TD's came from jump balls, where he was double covered and we got lucky....They key here like you said kool-aid is efficiency!  I cant remember a more efficient offense with the same spare parts we are using.  We are taking an old restored Ford Pinto and lapping teams that are considered ferrari's in the league...Def. unprecedented!
    Posted by patsfan76

And we're not blowing teams out lately now as well??? Your post makes no sense to me.  It's almost impossible to have elite stats without getting some of these stats during so called "garbage" time.  That "garbage" time term is really only applicable when winning teams let losing teams burn clock by giving them everything intermediate (eg. Big Ben).  Defenses should still try and stop the bleeding instead of being embarrased.  And as far as the jump ball and luck thing.... Moss did that for the better part of ten years, not really luck.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

they keep posting this season's stats, but they don't mean much.

i'd like to have the stats for the last two months.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Rememba the day where Brady's QB rating was about 85 every year?  This is his best year IMO..the 07' season was filled with meaningless stats, most points scored in garbage time, and half of Moss' TD's came from jump balls, where he was double covered and we got lucky....They key here like you said kool-aid is efficiency!  I cant remember a more efficient offense with the same spare parts we are using.  We are taking an old restored Ford Pinto and lapping teams that are considered ferrari's in the league...Def. unprecedented!
    Posted by patsfan76

You're always trying to bring down Brady.  His rating was around 85 his first three years as a starter.  Since then it's been in the 90s or 100s every year.  Aren't you the same guy who said that Brady had a bad year in 2002, the year he led the league in TDs?  And you also said that Vick is the most dangerous QB in the league? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

they keep posting this season's stats, but they don't mean much. i'd like to have the stats for the last two months.
    Posted by mnp3a

Ditto here.  Reiss points this out often.  Teams can be dramatically different from one part of the season to the next.  If you compiled stats on the last half of the season, where would we stand...  Wouldn't we be at or near the top in scoring defense?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^ No way man.  He ran past people and grabbed the jump ball.  C'mon how the hell are you going to discount the 07' season...  I know what you're saying, but that's not being realistic to say that team played with luck.  While luck is part of winning, 18-1 happened with dominantion on the offensive side of the ball.  Don't get that twisted. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

but the way Moss dominated coming into the league is a far cry from what we've seen here from him, he just had the benefit of a great QB, but Tom as we know is a suspect passer beyond 50 yards- contradicted yourself right here because it takes a great WR and QB to get these type of results that they both achieved. 

Things changed.... I will call it the greatest offense ever in 07'

But let's not forget Moss was on that Vikings team that previously held the best offensive season before th 07' Pats, which ironically Moss was on as well.

I know Moss fell off, but once again lets not lose reality here.  Moss is second all-time in TD's by a WR tied with TO now I believe.  This just doesn't happen.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

one more key stat: if pats dont turn ball over more than 3 times versus dolphins, they will set the all time record for the least turnovers committed in HISTORY. did the '07 team do this? were they as efficient in its approach? this team just wears you out and makes you panic regardless of the conditions. doesnt matter if its snow, if we are ahead or behind., if the opponent runs the ball or keeps it away from our offense.. got a response for everything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Oh no doubt about that.  I never argued that we are not more efficient, but to say the 07' season was bulit around luck and meaninles stats is completely over blown.  I would take this offense over 07's, because of that efficiency (Dink and Dunk, which is safe and keeps chains moving).  All I am saying is let's not get too giggy, and let's not forget what 07' was.  They both have great things to be remembered, and if we go Dallas and come home successful then that supercedes 07' of course.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^ All good man.  I mean how can anyone pick-at 07' is beyond me.  They would be Living too much in the moment to say anything negative about that season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I never said the season was luck....cmon man, they won 16 games...I said the way they scored some of the TD's was luck...but the way Moss dominated coming into the league is a far cry from what we've seen here from him, he just had the benefit of a great QB, but Tom as we know is a suspect passer beyond 50 yards, and so it didnt require great accuracy, but in 09, 10' what happened...Moss wasnt jumping anymore...and now he is gone...You will never see the 07 season happen again..call it luck, magical...whatever u choose, but it obviously was a fluke cuz when it counted, with the same personell,we could only muster 14 points!!!

Posted by patsfan76

Take your pick, you are either a world class nitwit or a troll. Has to be one or the other, you can decide.  "...Tom as we know is a suspect passer beyond 50 yards" What the hellfire does that even mean? Half the QBs in the NFL can't even throw it 50 yards, who the heck is better than Brady??? "...Moss wasn't jumping anymore ...it obviously was a fluke..." 

There's real genius at work here. Real cogent and useful analysis.

Moron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: HISTORICAL TURNAROUND FOR THE DEFENSE and BRADY! : Take your pick, you are either a world class nitwit or a troll. Has to be one or the other, you can decide.  "...Tom as we know is a suspect passer beyond 50 yards" What the hellfire does that even mean? Half the QBs in the NFL can't even throw it 50 yards, who the heck is better than Brady??? "...Moss wasn't jumping anymore ...it obviously was a fluke..."  There's real genius at work here. Real cogent and useful analysis. Moron.
    Posted by Muzwell

I didn't want to go that harsh but the way you put it, I don't even know why I tried debating with him when  he is that off base. 

Sections
Shortcuts