History Dictates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

History Dictates

Bill never selects WRs early. He did offer a great deal of money for Peppers and life without Rodney has not been wonderful. I just wonder if he would move up to take Eric Berry. This kid is special. We know he would move up if he could get his type of elephant LB if there was one there.  I just believe he is going to the Defense early and with Dean Pee's departure this just amplifies that he wants to play more aggressive defense.  Also with this much talent in this years draft, one would think that there will be some very interesting final cuts in the NFL prior to the season opener.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: History Dictates

Berry can hit, and he's fast as hell, but the knock on him is that he can't cover anyone. He doesn't have the instinct for it...as interesting of a physical freak he is, the Pats don't have the luxury of making a project out of him. They have enough pop...they need coverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: History Dictates:
    I can honestly see us taking Dez Bryant if he falls to us at 22 but i agree defense could very well be the pick.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I don't think that was a consideration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Berry can hit, and he's fast as hell, but the knock on him is that he can't cover anyone. He doesn't have the instinct for it...as interesting of a physical freak he is, the Pats don't have the luxury of making a project out of him. They have enough pop...they need coverage.
    Posted by jgallag1

I don't know who said he can't cover anyone.  The scouting report from Our Lads pretty much says he's one of the top 3 players in the draft and he probably won't make it past the 7th pick.  Says he has corner skills, can play either free or strong safety and can even play as a hybrid linebacker.  Just the type of player BB would love to have.  Problem is, would you mortgage the draft to get him?  It would probably take this year's first, next year's Oakland's first for the #6 pick and maybe get a 3rd or 4th also next year.  Two firsts to get the best safety to come out in a long time?  I wouldn't be against it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Wow...I feel like an idiot. I was writing Berry and thinking Taylor Mays from USC. I guess I was thinking who would still be around at the Pat's pick, and Berry definitely won't be. Berry is definitely one of the best guys in this draft, and would be perfect for the Pats...but they won't move up to get him. It would take too much and the Pats need those picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Wow...I feel like an idiot. I was writing Berry and thinking Taylor Mays from USC. I guess I was thinking who would still be around at the Pat's pick, and Berry definitely won't be. Berry is definitely one of the best guys in this draft, and would be perfect for the Pats...but they won't move up to get him. It would take too much and the Pats need those picks.
    Posted by jgallag1

This kid is so special that you do go up and get him if you can.  We have those two first round picks next year so you could use one of them this year in a package deal.  I would think that Mr. Mayo knows this kid and has briefed Bill all about him. Bill did want to try Tank Williams in this Defense. I really think a kid like Eric does not become available very often in the NFL.  I would make a move for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to History Dictates:
    Bill never selects WRs early. He did offer a great deal of money for Peppers and life without Rodney has not been wonderful. I just wonder if he would move up to take Eric Berry. This kid is special. We know he would move up if he could get his type of elephant LB if there was one there.  I just believe he is going to the Defense early and with Dean Pee's departure this just amplifies that he wants to play more aggressive defense.  Also with this much talent in this years draft, one would think that there will be some very interesting final cuts in the NFL prior to the season opener.
    Posted by Clay73

I wonder where you got this idea...

I would love to see Eric Berry in a Pats uniform, and I think a package of Merriweather and a couple of picks in the draft (#22 and something else) would get the job done.  Merriweather would fill a team's need at safety serviceably while avoiding a log jam at the position and the other picks would have increased value because this draft is supposedly "deep"

Sections
Shortcuts