Hit the film room hard NFL Championship Officiating Crews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Hit the film room hard NFL Championship Officiating Crews

With the abysmal officiating we've all witnessed thus far in the playoffs, specifically:  bad spotting of the ball, phantom roughing the passer/hits to QB helmut, fumbles being "whistled" dead, etc, I hope the Commish insists, or better yet DEMANDS that the officiating crews of Sunday's games watch a bunch of film on all the blown calls that have happend thus far in the playoffs.

Simply put:  I neither want to lose NOR win because of inconsistent, questionable, and quite simply terrible mistakes by the officials.  By this time of the season, surely the NFL can come up with a better effort from the zebras.

Also:  during the non-fumble, fumble call in GB last weekend, one of the announcers opined that "he (the zebra) must not have seen the replay from the same angle we're seeing it from" or words to that effect.  If that's a reality, it's pure BS - show every angle - these plays can impact the game in a major way.

Each of the remaining teams, and more importantly - their fan bases deserve a better effort from the refs - and the NFL owes us their level best to see that it happens.  Win or lose, I don't want to be saying to myself after the game, "you know, we won or lost because of bad calls.  And even if the "bad" calls even out - one "bad" call can change the result of the game.  The officiating teams should receive very clear and unambiguous direction from the NFL brass to study recent playoff films and to avoid the same mistakes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Hit the film room hard NFL Championship Officiating Crews

I agree on behalf of fans for BOTH teams.  Having a call impact the final outcome of the game will hurt both sides.  Granted, a bad call is just ONE call, but, no call gives the other team any points.  If a TD is called back due to a bogus holding call or a PI gives a team another chance after a failed 3rd down conversion ... it still boils down to a team needing to get past the bad call and execute their next few plays.  IE - the offense still getting a TD in spite of the call on that drive or the D still shutting down the opponent after a PI call.  Yes, it is hard to get your mind past a blown call and rationalize your team would not have lost if not for that call.  One thing I know for certain..  many fans believe the Pats get an inordinate amount of favorable calls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Hit the film room hard NFL Championship Officiating Crews

In Response to Re: Hit the film room hard NFL Championship Officiating Crews:
    [QUOTE]I agree on behalf of fans for BOTH teams.  Having a call impact the final outcome of the game will hurt both sides.  Granted, a bad call is just ONE call, but, no call gives the other team any points.  If a TD is called back due to a bogus holding call or a PI gives a team another chance after a failed 3rd down conversion ... it still boils down to a team needing to get past the bad call and execute their next few plays.  IE - the offense still getting a TD in spite of the call on that drive or the D still shutting down the opponent after a PI call.  Yes, it is hard to get your mind past a blown call and rationalize your team would not have lost if not for that call.  One thing I know for certain..  many fans believe the Pats get an inordinate amount of favorable calls.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I hear you and agree to a point.  But one call "can" overly determine the result of the game.  Take for example the Brees fumble that was "whistled" a dead ball, or a "forward" pass - at that point in the game, the Lions would have had the ball in the red zone (or close to it) up by (if memory serves) a TD - if they take 2-3 minutes to score another TD - the outcome of the game may have been different.  Same as the backward lateral Big Ben tossed in the Denver game.  Yes, Denver still one - but that was without a doubt one of the most atrocious calls I've seen.  I understand occasional mistakes can be made - I'm not expecting perfection.  That said, when the stakes are so high - trip to the SB - neither players nor fans want a blown call to impact the game - and IMHO all blown calls potentially impact the game.  And the ones that can be reviewed (fumbles, laterals, etc.) - the fact that after a review or an inadvertant "whistle" they still can't get it right?  Just unacceptable - even if a call like that goes FOR the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts