Hobbs better than Springs, Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Hobbs better than Springs, Bodden

I don't remember the last time he won without video

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember the last time he won without video
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]I don't remember the last time the Colts won without Polian intimidating the ref's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

A coach can only coach.he cant control injuries,or play the game for the players.as a team in whole the pats are sucessfull.last year without brady a great gameplan was put in place to have a winning season.even though we didnt make the play-offs.the pats have been competitive in most there games.so yes I would have to say BB is a great coach.where would i rank him.I would put him in the top 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember the last time the Colts won without Polian intimidating the ref's.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE] its more like i cant remember the colts winning with-out dungy,and moore.which i guess means they wont be on the radar this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Sox old friend, how are ya?  Say hello to the family.  Laughing

Moss - I don't remember the colts winning without dungy either.  I don't remember the colts playing since Dungy left.  Do you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its sarcasim underdogg.in other words the colts wont exist this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember the last time the Colts won without Polian intimidating the ref's.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

You mean changing the rules to fit the Colts style of play....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

M - What rules were changed to fit the colts style of play?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]M - What rules were changed to fit the colts style of play?

Here you go

New England Patriots

He was drafted 23rd overall in the first round of the 1995 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots where he spent the majority of his career. In 1998 Law earned his first trip to the Pro Bowl. That year he led the league with nine interceptions, the first time any New England Patriot had led the league in interceptions.

Law earned his first Super Bowl ring with the Patriots in 2001. In Super Bowl XXXVI, Law intercepted a Kurt Warner pass and returned it 47 yards for a touchdown, the first points of the game for the Patriots, who eventually won the game 20-17.

Law was voted to the Pro Bowl for the second consecutive year and for the fourth time in his career after the 2003 season. In 2003, Law was part of a record-breaking Patriots defense that led the NFL in four key categories: opponents’ points per game (14.9), opponents’ passer rating (56.2), interceptions (29) and passing touchdowns surrendered (11). Law's physical play against some of the game's best receivers prompted the NFL to more strictly enforce the five-yard illegal contact rule on defensive backs after the 2003 season. These enforcement changes, were heavily pushed by Indianapolis Colts GM Bill Polian. In the AFC Championship Game against the Colts, Law intercepted 3 passes from Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, assisting his team to a 24-14 win and their second Super Bowl appearance in 3 years, where they defeated the Carolina Panthers 32-29.

your welcome

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Ricky - thanks for sticking your neck out for M.  He doesn't have to look like a fool.

Please read carefully your own information.  You will see that no actual rules changed.  The rules were on the books.  The refs weren't enforcing these rules (maybe belichick had intimidated them), so the league chose make the rule a point of emphasis.  No sense in having a rule if it is not being enforced.  right?

Come to think of it now I think I have learned a little about Belichick's character.  He has no regard for rules until someone punishes him for it.  Given his track record, it makes sense to me.   

So there you have it.  No actual rule changed.  The only team that gets rules bogusly (is that a word) changed is the pats.  The new Tom Brady rule is a direct result of the legal hit he took.  Heck even his own teammate (at the time) Rodney Harrison thought the rule was bogus. 

I am sure this rule creates a real dilemma for pats fans.  The former leader of their D hates the rule that is named for the leader of their O.  So many here were complaining about the hit to Brady, that they must like the rule.  That is until one of their players gets penalized for it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

[QUOTE]I think the jury is still out on Merriweather, if not with all of you then at least with Belichick.  He's is a first round pick that could not take a spot from 36 yr old Rodney way past his prime Harrison.   Maybe that is why he drafted Chung.

To Help you reconsider....you might need the facts from Last year2008:

DraftP Name GP GS Total   Solo   Ast   Sck   PDef   Int  
    6 Landry 16 16 65 49 16 0.5 11 2
    19 Griffith 16 16 75 55 20 1 11 7
    21 Nelson 13 13 54 48 6 0 4 2
    Merriweather 16 11 83 61 22 2 9 4
    16 Polamalu 16 16 73 54 19 0 17 7
      Ed Reed 16 16 41 34 7 1 16 9

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The mistake some seem to be making is that Meriweather is a FS not SS. Chung and Sanders can be considered Strong Safties. I think Brandon made huge steps last year, but in terms safety play, I wouldn't put him in the same class as Reed or Polamalu (another SS I think) or Bob Sanders. That's an elite group of defensive players you're discussing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Geoff -

Here is the stat I like - Merriweather did not find a starting spot until a 25 year vet (exaggeration) went down.  If he was so great why couldn't belichick find a spot for him? 

Now maybe he is the next coming of Ed Reed or Bob Sanders, but I'd rather let him get a few more starts under his belt before I label him a star.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Ricky - thanks for sticking your neck out for M.  He doesn't have to look like a fool. Please read carefully your own information.  You will see that no actual rules changed.  The rules were on the books.  The refs weren't enforcing these rules (maybe belichick had intimidated them), so the league chose make the rule a point of emphasis.  No sense in having a rule if it is not being enforced.  right? Come to think of it now I think I have learned a little about Belichick's character.  He has no regard for rules until someone punishes him for it.  Given his track record, it makes sense to me.    So there you have it.  No actual rule changed.  The only team that gets rules bogusly (is that a word) changed is the pats.  The new Tom Brady rule is a direct result of the legal hit he took.  Heck even his own teammate (at the time) Rodney Harrison thought the rule was bogus.  I am sure this rule creates a real dilemma for pats fans.  The former leader of their D hates the rule that is named for the leader of their O.  So many here were complaining about the hit to Brady, that they must like the rule.  That is until one of their players gets penalized for it. 

Your right. There was no actual rule change. Just the implication of the existing rule. So, that aside, what about that meeting with the Colts and the league office? Couldn't win, so they went stomping off crying foul to the commish.
    About fools. What a bigger fool than a troll (that's you) coming on a Pats site. You think your any better than Leon? HA! That's funny. Just because you don't post redundant childish dribble doesn't make you any better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

UD

I took your comments at face value.  So at least now I understand that in addition to being "not sold" on players that are clearly improving that you have an axe to grind with the Pats.  Which is fine if you're trying to make a point but it also explains why you disregard informed opinions from a few other posters that point out how and why your argument it flawed.  Sowing the seeds of discontent in a NE Pats forum even though your allegiance lies elsewhere?  Better things to be doing today?    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

All,

I'd like to ask for forgiveness.  This last week I seem to have reverted to some old bad ways.  I have taken the first step toward recovery.  My name is underdogg, and I am a troll. 

I have entered a local 12 step program.  My sponsor says the road is long (boy do I know that) and that things could get worse before they get better.  This is my biggest fear. 

Stick with me guys.  The offseason is the worst time for this kind of activity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Hi underdogg.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Rob - its not really that I disregard the informed opinions of others.  Its that I realize they are coming from the exact opposite bias that I am, and I will not disregard that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]UD I took your comments at face value.  So at least now I understand that in addition to being "not sold" on players that are clearly improving that you have an axe to grind with the Pats.  Which is fine if you're trying to make a point but it also explains why you disregard informed opinions from a few other posters that point out how and why your argument it flawed.  Sowing the seeds of discontent in a NE Pats forum even though your allegiance lies elsewhere?  Better things to be doing today?    
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Oh, we can use the "Not Sold" back at his team.....Addai and Gonzo are 2 that come to mind....possibly injury prone Sanders is a not sold person....he can't stay healthy for a whole season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Why does everyone think our secondary is awesome now?  Shawn Springs is 34.  How good a CB can he be?  Leigh Bodden?  Never heard of him.  Wheatley and Wilhite are second year players.  Who knows if they're ready.  Butler is a rookie.  He'll be at the bottom of the depth chart until mid-season.  Hobbs left for contract reasons, not performance.  None of the naysayers remember him pre-injury, in the 2006 playoffs, shutting down the Chargers' and Colts' wide receivers.  He got injured returning kickoffs in the 2007 season - cause we really needed the field position that season.  Why did we spend money on over-the-hillers Springs and Fred Taylor instead of locking up Hobbs?  Unless Wheatley and Wilhite step up, this secondary ain't that good.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

Mighty One:

I don't think that anyone here believes that the Pats' secondary is "awesome". But, I do think that most, myself included, believe that the secondary will be improved. Why? The influx of young CBs Butler, Wheatly, and Whilite...along with Patrick Chung at SS. 

As for Spings and Bodden, could they be any worse than O'Neal and Hobbs? After all, the Pats' "D" gave up a league high 31 TD passes last season. 

The addition of size (Bodden), athleticism (Butler, Wheatly, Whilite, and Chung), and speed (Butler, Wheatley, and Springs) should make the pass defense better...with or without a better pass-rush. 

Finally, why are most Pats fans convinced that parting with Hobbs  was the right thing to do? Because BB thought that it was the right thing to do...and, "In Bill, We Trust". 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

M - I would expect nothing less from you.  I like the debate (although I am not all that good at it - as Zbellino has pointed out).  I know that at the end of the day everyone of you can say - we've got 3 to your 1.  So be it. 

Now - Addai has proven himself effective if not sturdy (not dissimilar to Maroney - although he has been more successful and sturdy than Maroney). 

Gonzalez - yep.  The jury's gonna give him about 4 games.  They are not guaranteeing a verdict at that time, but word on the local street is that they are getting itchy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]M - I would expect nothing less from you.  I like the debate (although I am not all that good at it - as Zbellino has pointed out).  I know that at the end of the day everyone of you can say - we've got 3 to your 1.  So be it.  Now - Addai has proven himself effective if not sturdy (not dissimilar to Maroney - although he has been more successful and sturdy than Maroney).  Gonzalez - yep.  The jury's gonna give him about 4 games.  They are not guaranteeing a verdict at that time, but word on the local street is that they are getting itchy.

I am glad that you expect me to sling mud back.....  :)

I will bet that Harrison is back with his tail between his legs.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

M - re your harrison comments - that's a tough one to call. 

1.  Harrison has a ton of pride. I don't think he would be willing to take what the colts might offer.
    2.  I don't know if Harrison is healthy, and if that is the case, I don't think the colts would want him.
    but...
    All of that history is hard to let go.