Holding In the NFL

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Holding In the NFL

Just like that last drive against the Ravens there were 2 blatant holds before the PI on McCourty.  But that game it was the replacement refs,  what's their excuse now ?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It has to stop. It's gone overboard. I get it, but it can't be that obvious.

[/QUOTE]

lemme guess: its the pats being held all the time and the refs have been told by goodell to purposely ignore it as part of the nfl's anti-bb anti NE agenda

am i close?

[/QUOTE]

Jints, I'm not one to ever talk about the refs; but it was obscenely bad in the Pats/Denver game.  Chandler Jones got tackled nearly every play, and Denver wasn't called for a single hold all game.  It got more and more blatant as the game wore on, because the Broncos' O-linemen saw it was never going to be called.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Jones is held on almost every play in almost every game. It really is starting to get ridiculous. I did notice that Gronk seemed to get away with a hold on one of the runs about halfway through the game, too. I don't remember offensive holding ever being called so infrequently.

Soon the defense will get penalized for reading the quarterback's eyes...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lemme guess: its the pats being held all the time and the refs have been told by goodell to purposely ignore it as part of the nfl's anti-bb anti NE agenda

am i close?

[/QUOTE]

Jints, I'm not one to ever talk about the refs; but it was obscenely bad in the Pats/Denver game.  Chandler Jones got tackled nearly every play, and Denver wasn't called for a single hold all game.  It got more and more blatant as the game wore on, because the Broncos' O-linemen saw it was never going to be called.

[/QUOTE]

see Jints , that's just it. I agree we should not whine about the refs but do they not get called all game ???  Seems lke in the NFL the team that's losing gets away with holds.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

but why is it always bad against ur team? when will i ever hear "gee both teams got screwed" or better yet "pats got away with one there/got the calls"?

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I do say that.  Fairly often.

The NFL always has "points of emphasis" for their officials; I think there may be something like that at play here.  Maybe they thought there was too much holding being called last year, and have instructed the refs to be bit less quick to toss the flag.  It also seems like offensive PI is up this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

One of the worst onese was Love on that short rush play. He got through the line and then couldn't get lateral to make the plat after being held.

[/QUOTE]

The one where McCourty made the nice stop?  Yeah, I was screaming before DMC got to the ball carrier.

FWIW, I disagree that they were purposefully favoring the Broncos.  I think the Pats only got called for one holding call, which is unbelievable with 54 rushing attempts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]but why is it always bad against ur team? when will i ever hear "gee both teams got screwed" or better yet "pats got away with one there/got the calls"?

[/QUOTE]

About the time you admit that the Giants got away with the biggest blown call in SB history, the so called "Great Escape". A blatant hold with an arm wrapped around a neck from behind & a face mask, both by offensive linemen clearly beaten, pulling defenders off Elly. If the proper call had been made the results would have been different. It's been 5 years, so you can step up now & admit they got away with it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think I've seen such an egregious effort by the refs to all get together and call the game in such a way it favors the other team.

I got nothing more to say after this

[/QUOTE]

RUSTY WINS THE DEBATE!

RUSTY WINS!

RUSTY WINS!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

am i close?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but why is it always bad against ur team? when will i ever hear "gee both teams got screwed" or better yet "pats got away with one there/got the calls"?

[/QUOTE]

My gf has been a bronco fan all her life as well as her parents, she said herself that the broncos were holding chandler ALOT!!. this coming from a long life bronco fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]but why is it always bad against ur team? when will i ever hear "gee both teams got screwed" or better yet "pats got away with one there/got the calls"?

[/QUOTE]

About the time you admit that the Giants got away with the biggest blown call in SB history, the so called "Great Escape". A blatant hold with an arm wrapped around a neck from behind & a face mask, both by offensive linemen clearly beaten, pulling defenders off Elly. If the proper call had been made the results would have been different. It's been 5 years, so you can step up now & admit they got away with it.

[/QUOTE]

Jints will never admit that xxxcrwn. Even though it's blatantly obvious! Come on Jints, I can admit that TB fumbled in the divisional against the Raiders, can you admit that Richard Seymour was held by the Center, Jarvis Green was held and illegally blocked in the back by the LG and Adalius Thomas was held by the LT? Four no calls, two on one D-Lineman, and the Gi Aint's are credited with a miracle fluke play that sports journalist everywhere act like it was truly based on dominant offensive line performance. 

And Chandler Jones is getting held on a consistant basis! Pats are not really known as a true pass rushing team so that's my only excuse as to why there are so many no-calls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was screaming about the holding, I mean I could see it all the way from Tucson, Az :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

"yeah sure....you still beating this nonsense drum? the play was the way it should be in a SB with 2 minutes left, you let them play and it led to one of the GREATEST plays in SB history."

Hey Jints. There is a huge difference from letting them play and letting blatant penalties go. 

There were four penalties committed by the Gi Aint's O-line on just one play! At least one of those should have been called by that idiot officiating crew who from the video, looked to be more enamored with how great the game was, than doing their job! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah sure....you still beating this nonsense drum? the play was the way it should be in a SB with 2 minutes left, you let them play and it led to one of the GREATEST plays in SB history.

You lost to a better team-twice-and it was 4 SB's ago...time to let it go  :  )

[/QUOTE]

You seem to be holding onto it being a legal play when there is clear evidence of it in pictures and replay. Sad. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah sure....you still beating this nonsense drum? the play was the way it should be in a SB with 2 minutes left, you let them play and it led to one of the GREATEST plays in SB history.

You lost to a better team-twice-and it was 4 SB's ago...time to let it go  :  )

[/QUOTE]

Holding, JintsFan, 10 sentence penalty...

First Down DelGriffith

Sections
Shortcuts