Holding In the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Holding In the NFL

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to MattC05's comment:

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

It has to stop. It's gone overboard. I get it, but it can't be that obvious.

lemme guess: its the pats being held all the time and the refs have been told by goodell to purposely ignore it as part of the nfl's anti-bb anti NE agenda

am i close?

Jints, I'm not one to ever talk about the refs; but it was obscenely bad in the Pats/Denver game.  Chandler Jones got tackled nearly every play, and Denver wasn't called for a single hold all game.  It got more and more blatant as the game wore on, because the Broncos' O-linemen saw it was never going to be called.

but why is it always bad against ur team? when will i ever hear "gee both teams got screwed" or better yet "pats got away with one there/got the calls"?

I'll tell you why.

Because the NFL hates Rusty. And Rusty is a Pats' fan.

Please Rusty, become a Giants' fan and spread the retributuon around a little.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Some games the refs don't call much holding, especially Manning - Brady showdowns.

What is sort of new for the Pats is our line is capable of getting to the QB and has to be held on a regular basis...so NE gets the bad end of that deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

As long as the calls (or non-calls) are consistent...it's fine with me.  Less laundry the better.  I saw Chandler Jones held around the neck in the fourth quarter...that was pretty bad.  

The calls that really irk me are defensive PI calls.  They're just too ticky-tack for me.  Plus...i see so many receivers pushing off (Torrey Smith pushed off DMC three feet in front of the ref) and nothing gets called.  But if a defensive player touches a guy, here comes the flag.  Awful...damn you Bill Polian...damn you to... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

As long as the calls (or non-calls) are consistent...it's fine with me.  Less laundry the better.  I saw Chandler Jones held around the neck in the fourth quarter...that was pretty bad.  

The calls that really irk me are defensive PI calls.  They're just too ticky-tack for me.  Plus...i see so many receivers pushing off (Torrey Smith pushed off DMC three feet in front of the ref) and nothing gets called.  But if a defensive player touches a guy, here comes the flag.  Awful...damn you Bill Polian...damn you to... 

I would prefer that they redefine holding and pass interference so that they can call each one every time.
    They would have to go back tot he old definition of PI and for the holding part allow OL's to get a way with a bit more.

When the rule book is not being enforced all the time it opens up the door for bias.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Good point patsbandwagon...I'd agree with that.  Consistency is key.  Defensive PI should be a ten or fifteen yard penalty...whatever it is for offensive PI.  Spot fouls are so terrible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

Good point patsbandwagon...I'd agree with that.  Consistency is key.  Defensive PI should be a ten or fifteen yard penalty...whatever it is for offensive PI.  Spot fouls are so terrible.

Absolutely, those long pass PI calls especially in desparation moments carry a huge penalty and swing games. No one likes to win that way or lose that way..its cheap.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

but why is it always bad against ur team? when will i ever hear "gee both teams got screwed" or better yet "pats got away with one there/got the calls"?

About the time you admit that the Giants got away with the biggest blown call in SB history, the so called "Great Escape". A blatant hold with an arm wrapped around a neck from behind & a face mask, both by offensive linemen clearly beaten, pulling defenders off Elly. If the proper call had been made the results would have been different. It's been 5 years, so you can step up now & admit they got away with it.

yeah sure....you still beating this nonsense drum? the play was the way it should be in a SB with 2 minutes left, you let them play and it led to one of the GREATEST plays in SB history.

You lost to a better team-twice-and it was 4 SB's ago...time to let it go  :  )

You seem to be holding onto it being a legal play when there is clear evidence of it in pictures and replay. Sad. 

Chandler Jones was getting held on every single play.  It's my understanding , according to the rule book when an offensive lineman has their hands outside the framework of the body it's a hold. 

Maybe Jones should take a dive everytime the tackle has a choke hold on him.

Sections
Shortcuts