Holding the NFL Officials accountable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable

I have only seen a handful of analysts on NFL network, ESPN or any other national media outlets that actually think Faulk missed that first down. The Pats got screwed but what else is new when Indy is involved, Remember when they played Pittsburgh at Indy in the payoffs 2005 and the refs were doing everything in their power to have the Colts win the game? The Steelers were still able to pull it off but right there I knew the league was up to no good. Fast forward the next year in which the refs blow 2 calls and successfully blow the AFC Championship game for the Patriots. An apology is issued by the league 2 months later acknowledging the blown call even though it was upheld after review on the field. Now we have this year's debacle where another very questionable call goes the Colts way. The NFL is approaching WWE status, it's ridiculous. Underdogg has zero objective bones in his body. Anyone outside of Peyton country knows the Pats got jobbed and I fully expect another empty league apology somewhere down the line. I wonder if it doesn't bother Colts fans that the refs hand them games or if they really think this is not the case. Remember, this isn't America's brightest we are dealing with in Indy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Reasoning with underdog is like talking to a brick wall. If Peyton Manning admitted that was a blown call underdogg would still say it was the right call. there is no need trying to convince this blatant homer anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable:
    I have only seen a handful of analysts on NFL network, ESPN or any other national media outlets that actually think Faulk missed that first down. The Pats got screwed but what else is new when Indy is involved, Remember when they played Pittsburgh at Indy in the payoffs 2005 and the refs were doing everything in their power to have the Colts win the game? The Steelers were still able to pull it off but right there I knew the league was up to no good. Fast forward the next year in which the refs blow 2 calls and successfully blow the AFC Championship game for the Patriots. An apology is issued by the league 2 months later acknowledging the blown call even though it was upheld after review on the field. Now we have this year's debacle where another very questionable call goes the Colts way. The NFL is approaching WWE status, it's ridiculous. Underdogg has zero objective bones in his body. Anyone outside of Peyton country knows the Pats got jobbed and I fully expect another empty league apology somewhere down the line. I wonder if it doesn't bother Colts fans that the refs hand them games or if they really think this is not the case. Remember, this isn't America's brightest we are dealing with in Indy.
    Posted by Diesel12

I'm glad you brought up that Pitt game.  As a Colt fan, I was really hoping we'd win that game.  However, once I saw that call where they took the Int. away from Polamalu, I officially started hoping we'd lose that game.  That was absolutely an Int. and I didn't want the Colts to win on a bogus call.  That being said, you Pat fans believe that every single game you lose is predicated on bad calls and referee conspiracy!  It's getting pathetic.  You think that your team is the only one that ever has a call go against it!  You remember every bad call that adversely affects your team, and conveniently forget every call that helps the Pats.  Back in the day when the Colts had trouble beating the Pats (we're going back a while, so try to remember), when Colt fans would complain about poor calls y'all told them to stop "whining".  You've all been whining for four straight days, and I couldn't be happier about it.  This whole league conspiracy theory of yours is hysterical!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Diesel - I wouldn't hold your breath for that apology.  The results may put you six feet under. 

Mike Pereira head officiating already said the call was good and would not have been overturned.

"I wonder if it doesn't bother Colts fans that the refs hand them games or if they really think this is not the case. Remember, this isn't America's brightest we are dealing with in Indy.

Jealousy is an emotion reserved for the weak minded."

5 things here. 

1.  I don't think refs hand us games.
    2.  What bothers me are one sided pats fans who never see the fact that they get calls/non-calls, too. 
    3.  And you do represent America's brightest?  LOL.
    4.  For you to use a tag line about Jealousy and weak-mindedness while expressing that very emotion in your posts only serves to characterize...YOU. The most humourous thing is that you don't even realize it.  
    5.  As for objectivity, I have demonstrated more objectivity than you ever could.  I called the PI 50/50.  I have never said that Faulk didn't get the first.  what I have said is that the ref who is responsible for the spot, had a better spot to do so than any of the camera angles, and that is good enough for me.  Still wondering why Belichick didn't use one of his timeouts to challenge?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Love both these dolt mouthpieces here! Im still waiting for them to explain why in 8 straight quarters against the Pats ZERO flags have been thrown on their defense against the Patriots.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

e - bumping at the line is not typical of the colts.  CBs generally play back and off the line of scrimmage.  Regardless, it was an evident piece of the pats game plan.  This is no different than the game plan Belichick employed in the 04 afccg that Polian complained about.  But really that is not the point.  The point is that the pats got away with calls, too.   There were the dbs working receivers more than 5 yds beyond the LOS.  There was a clear hold on Welker's long punt return that was not called.  There was at least one Vollmer hold on Freeney that was not called.  The complaints about the calls that the colts got suggest that the pats never benefit from the refs.  That is not true.  
    Posted by underdoggg

Dogg- I don't have a problem with bumping at the line. But Beyond 5 yards the Colts are on WR's just like every other teams DB's. The Pats may have gotten away with calls but they got dogged with 2 bad and very costly ones(Unlike the Colts). If we were playing at home the calls may have gone our way but we weren't and thus we got it tucked to us. I just want  you to be able to admit this because it is an important stage in the 12 step program..Denial can be a very ugly thing.
    Please...Let us help you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : I'm glad you brought up that Pitt game.  As a Colt fan, I was really hoping we'd win that game.  However, once I saw that call where they took the Int. away from Polamalu, I officially started hoping we'd lose that game.  That was absolutely an Int. and I didn't want the Colts to win on a bogus call.  That being said, you Pat fans believe that every single game you lose is predicated on bad calls and referee conspiracy!  It's getting pathetic.  You think that your team is the only one that ever has a call go against it!  You remember every bad call that adversely affects your team, and conveniently forget every call that helps the Pats.  Back in the day when the Colts had trouble beating the Pats (we're going back a while, so try to remember), when Colt fans would complain about poor calls y'all told them to stop "whining".  You've all been whining for four straight days, and I couldn't be happier about it.  This whole league conspiracy theory of yours is hysterical!
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Why don't you name a bad call that went against the Colts when they were playing the Patriots instead of referring to some obscure call 5 years ago?I know I can remember every call that the refs blew when we were playing the Colts. How many times did the refs openly cost the Colts a game against the Pats and then acknowledge the blown call later like after that 2006 AFC title game? Seriously, it's a disgrace and the fact that you refuse to own up to it shows that y"all (couldn't help it) are Indy homers.  And by the way, Brady and Moss are 1-1 against the Colts and it should be 2-0. The Colts have not been able to stop Brady and Moss and it will continue if the Colts somehow manages to win a playoff game without the refs help. No one is New England is afraid of the Colts. We saw the Pats dominate that game and get it taken away at the end. The next time the Pats will run up the score instead of trying to sit on the lead and put it completely out of reach. keep acting like your team isn't the 4th best in the AFC (Bengals, Steelers and Pats are all better teams and the Steelers and Pats both have Qb's that can win Super Bowls without gift calls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Love both these dolt mouthpieces here! Im still waiting for them to explain why in 8 straight quarters against the Pats ZERO flags have been thrown on their defense against the Patriots.....
    Posted by ccsjl

Just out of curiocity I just looked at the last two gamebooks.  This game showed three Defensive penalties on the Pats.  A Bodden PI, a Bodden unsportsmanlike conduct, and the Butler PI.  The Colts had none on D, but plenty on offense.  At the 2008 game, the only defensive penalty on either team was against Dave Thomas of the Pats during a FG attempt for "covering the center" - which was really ST.  There were only about three penalties called the whole game.  In 2007, the Pats had five defensive calls against them: PIs by Samuel and Hobbs, illegal contact by Harrison, Neutral zone infraction by Warren, and a Delay of game (after the game sealing fumble) by Colvin.  The Colts were called for a hold (Bethea) and a PI (Bethea).  So the last two games you're complaining about included a total of three defensive penalties on the Pats.  Wow!  That's real lopsided!  As for the 2007 game (which you didn't have the foresight to whine about) - maybe you should consider the notion that the team that commits the penalties typically get called for them!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Come on now, e -- you know the Colts have never commited a legitimate infraction in the Manning era. What are you thinking?
    Posted by prairiemike

I lost my head Mike..Where are my Blue tinted glasses?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I don't like playing the 'what if' game ----BUT, what IF it was Manning throwing the ball to Wayne on that same 4th & 2 play?  Would have the ref still said it "bobbled" and where would they have marked the ball? 

I just have a feeling they would have given Wayne the forward progress and would have been a 1st down for them. 

Just a ThoughT!  that's ALL, not any sour grapes here...just sharing another twist to this. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

Yeah, that's the answer. Fine any official that makes a bad call against your little Pats. Grow up and be men for chrissakes. Boo-Hoo, you lost to the Colts. So what. Do you have that little faith in your own team that they won't make the playoffs? Fine Seymour for stepping on a players leg or throwing a QB to the ground after the whistle, Fine the Pats for faking defensive injuries during an opposing teams hurry up offense. He**, fine everybody. Fine the guy that hurt little Tom Brady for ......... well for hurting little Tom Brady. Heck, fine Tom Brady for looking like a s issy on all those magazine covers. Fine the announcers that you all seem to think hate the Pats. Fine the Steelers for winning 6 rings and embarrassing you all. Fine the Giants for beating you in the SB. BTW, do you know why they'll delete this post, because they know you homers can't take it........KID!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The league is going to be forced to acnknolwedge they blew this just like after the AFC title game. There are grumblings all across the national landscape that this was a completely blown call. The league can't hide behind their technicalities on this one. The fact of the matter is, the Colts cannot beat the Patriots without the zebras help and i'm glad this blown call happened in the regular seaoson and not when it really matters. All eyes will be on the zebras nationally after the last 2 jobs and they will be forced to call a straight game the next time the Pats and Indy play. that will likely be next year, (in Indy of course) because we all know Peyton will pull the usual one and done come playoff time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

For me, the real crime was the call on Butler

I'd LOVE to hear them try to explain that one.  Instead, they'll just order all footage of it to be removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The league is going to be forced to acnknolwedge they blew this just like after the AFC title game. There are grumblings all across the national landscape that this was a completely blown call. The league can't hide behind their technicalities on this one. The fact of the matter is, the Colts cannot beat the Patriots without the zebras help and i'm glad this blown call happened in the regular seaoson and not when it really matters. All eyes will be on the zebras nationally after the last 2 jobs and they will be forced to call a straight game the next time the Pats and Indy play. that will likely be next year, (in Indy of course) because we all know Peyton will pull the usual one and done come playoff time.
    Posted by Diesel12

Diesel, I got you pictured with this proclamantion standing at a podium amongst a bunch kids (kind of like Kramer in Karate Class), King of the Kids, bellowing to impressionable believers.  Pathetic.  

So when does the league actually get forced to acknowledge this and who does the enforcing?  Arlen Specter?  John Tomose?  The Kennedy's?

And how do they do that now that their head of officiating has publicly stated that the call was not a bad one and would have survived a review? 

And are there really grumblings all across this national landscape, or do simply define the national landscape as the borders of Massachusetts? 

Oh, and by the way - As long as the pats win their division, the game next year will be in Foxborough and it will be in November (sweeps).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Dogg - wrong as usual.  How does a team that scored one tD in the first half and none in the third quarter trail 31 -14 to start the third?  You forgot the PI adided late TD in the first half. The call on Faulk was bogus on two fronts.  Watch the tape.  The same line judge that blew the spot, blew the neutral zone infraction.  Two Colts on that side of the field were clearly in the neutral zone at the snap.  Now on 1st in 10 in the middle of the game, it is might be easy to overlook.  On fourth and short for the game, it should be hard to miss.  The same guy that could see an imaginary bobble (the ball went from his hands near his face, to under control at his chest almost instantly) through Faulk's back could not see two guys lined up offside.  Using my HD DVR frame by frame, it was very clear it was a bad spot.  The NFL network ref was gving an easy out for his guys - no need to take the heat for a poor spot and missed offsides when Belichick could be the focus. The fact is that all these close calls and imaginary penalties (Hobbs PI, Polamalu overturned interception, this spot) have one thing in common...the Colts get the gift
    Posted by Encinitas

Go back and look at it again, Welker was wide open 2 yards past the marker. Bad decision by Brady not throwin' to the 'go to' guy. Just 1 defensive stop when it was 31-14 would've been nice too. The DBs on the PATS got worked in this game and the deserved to lose by not closing it out when thay had the chance. That game should've never came to the point it did, relying on a spot and all. Neither the Pats or the Colts look like SB participates this year based on the DB play of both teams.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

JBolt, Brady said that wasn't the play and he did not have time to survey the field, the play was to go to Faulk and if the stupid refs had called the play right it would have been a first down   See Simms take!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

JBolt, Brady said that wasn't the play and he did not have time to survey the field, the play was to go to Faulk and if the stupid refs had called the play right it would have been a first down   See Simms take!!!!
    Posted by NEGAME

You could be right. It still should've never even gotten to that point though IMO. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

For me, the real crime was the call on Butler I'd LOVE to hear them try to explain that one.  Instead, they'll just order all footage of it to be removed.
    Posted by NickC1188

I concur..That's free yardage and they would need to burn time to gain those yards if they had to do it on their own.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Encinitas - whoops to the 1 TD in the first half.  Thanks for the correction. 

As for the other thing.  I am sick of talking about calls.  Everyone is focusing on the calls that screwed the pats but no one wants to accept that the pats got away with calls, too.  Until that happens, there really can be no rational discussion. 

The masses here seek objectivity from colts fans while demonstrating none of their own.  Irony?

Addressing your specific points:
    1.  Lined up in the neutral zone?  Come on.  Again the location of the camera appears to be 8 to 10 yards (maybe more) behind the spot of the ball and not at the line of scrimmage.  This creates a skewed perspective very different from that of the field judge who, at the actual line of scrimmage, has the ability to both see whether or not players are lined up in the neutral zone and exactly where he believes faulk was when he actually possessed the ball.  I don't care whether you have frame by frame dvr or pats colored glasses, you don't have the same angle as the ref. 
    2.  Feel free to call Faulk ball adjustment whatever you want.  Don't call it a bobble.  That's fine.  Just don't call it possession until he actually possesses it.  Take off your pats colored glasses and use your HD DVR and watch as the ball hits Faulks hands and then bounces/separates/leaves (choose your word) from Faulks hands until it is actually secured the second time it touch his hands. 
    3.  your snarky conclusion that Belichick could be the intended focus instead of the correct call demonstrates a clear lack of objectivity on your part.  BTW, the nfl network ref is actually the head of all refs in the NFL and apparently called out a number of poor decisions by refs in other games. 

Whatever makes you feel better is no skin off of my back.  Continue to believe what you need to in order to wake up tomorrow for another day.  On my end, I saw 2 calls that went the colts way and could have gone the other way.  Neither is conclusive and neither would be overturned.  If you are upset that the colts got the close calls, I am fine with that.  But don't assume that the colts get all the calls/non-calls.  I've got plenty in my head that merit question from the NFL and can easily be construed as slanting toward the pats. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Dogg - wrong as usual.  How does a team that scored one tD in the first half and none in the third quarter trail 31 -14 to start the third?  You forgot the PI adided late TD in the first half. The call on Faulk was bogus on two fronts.  Watch the tape.  The same line judge that blew the spot, blew the neutral zone infraction.  Two Colts on that side of the field were clearly in the neutral zone at the snap.  Now on 1st in 10 in the middle of the game, it is might be easy to overlook.  On fourth and short for the game, it should be hard to miss.  The same guy that could see an imaginary bobble (the ball went from his hands near his face, to under control at his chest almost instantly) through Faulk's back could not see two guys lined up offside.  Using my HD DVR frame by frame, it was very clear it was a bad spot.  The NFL network ref was gving an easy out for his guys - no need to take the heat for a poor spot and missed offsides when Belichick could be the focus. The fact is that all these close calls and imaginary penalties (Hobbs PI, Polamalu overturned interception, this spot) have one thing in common...the Colts get the gift
    Posted by Encinitas

Encinitas - whoops to the 1 TD in the first half.  Thanks for the correction. 

As for the other thing.  I am sick of talking about calls.  Everyone is focusing on the calls that screwed the pats but no one wants to accept that the pats got away with calls, too.  Until that happens, there really can be no rational discussion. 

The masses here seek objectivity from colts fans while demonstrating none of their own.  Irony?

Addressing your specific points:
    1.  Lined up in the neutral zone?  Come on.  Again the location of the camera appears to be 8 to 10 yards (maybe more) behind the spot of the ball and not at the line of scrimmage.  This creates a skewed perspective very different from that of the field judge who, at the actual line of scrimmage, has the ability to both see whether or not players are lined up in the neutral zone and exactly where he believes faulk was when he actually possessed the ball.  I don't care whether you have frame by frame dvr or pats colored glasses, you don't have the same angle as the ref. 
    2.  Feel free to call Faulk ball adjustment whatever you want.  Don't call it a bobble.  That's fine.  Just don't call it possession until he actually possesses it.  Take off your pats colored glasses and use your HD DVR and watch as the ball hits Faulks hands and then bounces/separates/leaves (choose your word) from Faulks hands until it is actually secured the second time it touch his hands. 
    3.  your snarky conclusion that Belichick could be the intended focus instead of the correct call demonstrates a clear lack of objectivity on your part.  BTW, the nfl network ref is actually the head of all refs in the NFL and apparently called out a number of poor decisions by refs in other games. 

Whatever makes you feel better is no skin off of my back.  Continue to believe what you need to in order to wake up tomorrow for another day.  On my end, I saw 2 calls that went the colts way and could have gone the other way.  Neither is conclusive and neither would be overturned.  If you are upset that the colts got the close calls, I am fine with that.  But don't assume that the colts get all the calls/non-calls.  I've got plenty in my head that merit question from the NFL and can easily be construed as slanting

toward the pats. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Since all of my other posts on this topic were erased, I'll bite. 1.  How can you say he clearly had possession.  Did you see an angle that was directly across from the play like the line judge had?  If he was not qualified to make that call, who was?  No one else could clearly see the point of possession and the location of the player at the time of possession better than that side judge.  2.  You are wondering why officials did not discuss it?  They did.  3.  Why didn't Belichick challenge the call?  This is exactly the reason why they have replay - to challenge exactly such a play. 4.  How about the pats put the game out of reach by scoring a TD after intercepting Manning with 7.5 minutes to go instead of settling for a FG?  5.  How about Brady throws the ball to a different receiver who's deep enough not to allow the call to be questioned?  I said it before (but no one saw it) and I'll say it again.  Belichick got exactly the game he wanted from those refs.  The pats DB's were all over Colts receivers (again!!!!) beyond 5 yards and not a single call on them in the game for it.  Not one.  This game is not even close to being the fault of the refs.  The colts practically gave the game away to the pats.
    Posted by underdoggg
    Inside the NFL clearly shows foot down with posession, very clear angles. #2 Belichick could not challenge, because he was out of timeouts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by NEGAME
    Where can I find Simms Take

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Go back and look at it again, Welker was wide open 2 yards past the marker. Bad decision by Brady not throwin' to the 'go to' guy. Just 1 defensive stop when it was 31-14 would've been nice too. The DBs on the PATS got worked in this game and the deserved to lose by not closing it out when thay had the chance. That game should've never came to the point it did, relying on a spot and all. Neither the Pats or the Colts look like SB participates this year based on the DB play of both teams.  
    Posted by jbolted

I know what you are saying, but I disagree. Faulk was the right read. Brady, for the first time in the game, got hit by Freeney about .001 seconds after the throw. He read the blitz which is where Welker was running his route, but the Umpire was also a consideration in that case. Faulk was the guy. I am not 100% on this, but I would say that Brady made his decision at the line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Inside the NFL clearly shows foot down with posession, very clear angles. #2 Belichick could not challenge, because he was out of timeouts.
    Posted by patriots44

Unless they have different angles than the ones from NBC, then I still disagree, but would have to see them.  #2 is nobody's fault but Belichick and the Pats. 

I'll add #3 - If, as you say, this is so blatently clear on replay, then the ref still isn't to blame because this is exactly why the replay option is given to teams.  That pats blew it by wasting their timeouts and they cannot blame the refs for that.

Sections
Shortcuts