Holmes takes break from whining about OL, now whines about his role with the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Holmes takes break from whining about OL, now whines about his role with the Jets

LOL.......... So Jet like!

Santonio calls out offensive line, again

Santonio Holmes, Jeremy KerleyAP

Maybe Santonio Holmeswants to be traded to the Texans.

Regardless of his motivation, Holmes is publicly complaining about the lack of deep balls in the Jets’ offense, and he once again is putting the blame on an offensive line that isn’t giving quarterback Mark Sanchez enough time to find open targets far down the field.

“I may be criticized again for saying it, but it starts up front,” Holmes said Thursday, according to Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.  “The big guys know it.  If they give Mark enough time to sit in the pocket and complete passes, I think everything changes.”

It’s no secret that Holmes wants the ball more.  He started his public pitch after a loss to the Ravens.  Before that, we’d heard that he was privately lobbying for more looks.

“The numbers speak for themselves,” Holmes said.  “If you were in my shoes, what would you think?”

Holmes thinks it’s pretty simple to spot the problems with the passing game.

“If you can’t protect the quarterback for four or five seconds, there’s no point in dropping back seven yards to throw the football if he doesn’t have enough time,” Holmes said.  “We pretty much have to roll with the way our offense is rolling right now.”

The criticism of the offensive line also represents, whether Holmes realizes it or not, a lament for his last quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger.  The line was lacking in Pittsburgh, but Big Ben could extend plays and throw the ball deep, short, and otherwise.  Sanchez apparently can’t.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Holmes calls out the Jets' OL

Am I the only one who is enjoying watching this team fall apart on and off the field? Its finally happening and its oh so satisfying.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Love it. Absolutely love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How long and how much did Holmes sign for? ROFL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Holmes is proving himself to be a loud-mouthed jack@ss the past couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to see what Brandon Marshall has up his sleeve after those dumb comments yesterday haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Holmes keeps trying to apply the kiss of death to their season and he is getting help from Burress who can no longer get out of his own way.  What a mess Tannenbaum and Rex have created.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from .Sonhoodoo. Show .Sonhoodoo's posts

In Response to Re: Holmes calls out the Jets' OL:
    [QUOTE]Holmes keeps trying to apply the kiss of death to their season and he is getting help from Burress who can no longer get out of his own way.  What a mess Tannenbaum and Rex have created.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Burress  shot himself. He has shown for a while that he can't get out of his own way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think it's a bit early to call the Jets a sinking ship ... but if it is true, and even if it isn't, this is fun to watch.

So many people said this. 

You can only keep an animal locked up so long. Rex is still playing with fire stocking his team with nothing but problem players, and then stoking their egos, then allowing them to run their mouths to the media. 

He ditched Mason. For simple depth reasons, he simply cannot bail on any more WRs. 

If the JESTS lose against Miami, something that is more possible than many would admit, they are going to implode. At any rate, when they lose to San Diego at home they will implode. 

As TO once said ... getchya popcorn. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who is enjoying watching this team fall apart on and off the field? Its finally happening and its oh so satisfying.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

To your question, no you are not.

And yes it is indeed satisfying.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holmes calls out the Jets' OL : "Tanny will fix it." - Jets Fanbase
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Funniest thing you ever say: Tannenboobs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

You could probaly combine this thread with the, "Derrick Mason Traded" thread and all the posts would apply to both. I only wish the Jets were able to sign Marshall as a WR too. What a set of receivers that would have made.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Reasons you don't call out players on your own team 1. They already know if they are messing up 2. Telling the media does not fix anything it just creates discourse The only person Holmes can fix is himself, but he's too busy telling everyone else on his team what their flaws are. How a professional player has not learned this remedial lesson of team sports is beyond me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Reasons you don't call out players on your own team 1. They already know if they are messing up 2. Telling the media does not fix anything it just creates discourse The only person Holmes can fix is himself, but he's too busy telling everyone else on his team what their flaws are. How a professional player has not learned this remedial lesson of team sports is beyond me.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

That so many of them eventually do learn it is what surprises me.

The guys who make it to this level (generally) have been outstanding among their peers at every level, and are used to neither having their opinions questioned nor holding their tongues. Spend your whole life being told that you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and pretty soon you start to believe it. This is why chemisty is such an underrated component of team-building. If I'm some 300-pound lineman in the trenches busting heavies for three hours every Sunday, I wouldn't be of much of a mind to listen to some chicken-neck receiver telling me I don't know how to do my job, and I might decide to explain that to him with object lessons.

And just incidentally  . . . .

What the hell is so great about sliced bread anyway?

It seems to me that when the barbarians are at the gate, you'll be much better off with a sharp knife than convenient sandwich-makings.

Maybe it's just me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holmes calls out the Jets' OL : That so many of them eventually do learn it is what surprises me. The guys who make it to this level (generally) have been outstanding among their peers at every level, and are used to neither having their opinions questioned nor holding their tongues. Spend your whole life being told that you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and pretty soon you start to believe it. This is why chemisty is such an underrated component of team-building. If I'm some 300-pound lineman in the trenches busting heavies for three hours every Sunday, I wouldn't be of much of a mind to listen to some chicken-neck receiver telling me I don't know how to do my job, and I might decide to explain that to him with object lessons. And just incidentally  . . . . What the hell is so great about sliced bread anyway? It seems to me that when the barbarians are at the gate, you'll be much better off with a sharp knife than convenient sandwich-makings. Maybe it's just me.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Ever tried to slice a fresh loaf of bread into even slices without collapsing it? I guess that's where it comes from because I don't know how they do it- it's magic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holmes calls out the Jets' OL : Burress  shot himself. He has shown for a while that he can't get out of his own way.
    Posted by .Sonhoodoo[/QUOTE]

ROTFL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'd never wish anything good to befall the jets, but they should have moved on from this moron/never signed him....He's a nice player don't get me wrong, but whenever things have gotten the least bit tough Holmes has dissapeared only to emerge with friendly fire.  I look back with fond memories at the legions of Jets fans who swore that a combo of Mason/Plax would supercede Cotchery/B. Smith/Edwards in production.  Comical!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

After Sachex told everyone to shut up - Holmes openned his yap
    If Brady told eveyone to shut up -is there any doubt you woulod hear Zilch?
    So Sanchex has lost the Team

No one believes Rex or Tanneboob

If thye lsoe this week - The Jets will collapse

Rex will learn that he is not safe with Tannaboob as his boss

Mangii was the taost to the tow hear
    The Tanaboob brought in Favre
    Which was a disaster

Whe Maigi got rocked in the press and they fired Mangii
    Tannaboob was a complete disgrace in why Mangini was
    fired - Tanaboob stuck Magini in the back (remember the FAN 660
    interview very well)

Woodie is almost not smart - hmm maybe that is too high a complement

If history repeats itself
    Rex will not have eough good players next year and the Jets will lose the
    Tannaboob will suck up to Woodie and Rexx will be history -

Don;t know wherther to root for a Miami win or loss
    Miami wins ad Rex is gone faster
    Miami loses and they get Luck?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who is enjoying watching this team fall apart on and off the field? Its finally happening and its oh so satisfying.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Well, I sure am.  Love it.  LOVE IT.  True character is revealed, AGAIN.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

moore fired back... so its back and forth now
    implosion a year later than expected...anytime now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Santonio Holmes still unhappy with his role

New York Jets v New York GiantsGetty Images

So Plaxico Burress has his first of many three-touchdown games, Shonn Greene is starting to run once again like the guy whom Antonio Cromartie was afraid to try to tackle in January 2010, Rex Ryan has rediscovered his big-talking tendencies, and everything is right with the Jets, correct?

Not correct.

Winning the last two games has applied a film of waxy deodorant to a team that has a long way to go to fulfill its annual boast of winning a Super Bowl.  The biggest problem, in our assessment and as we understand it, is that receiver Santonio Holmes remains thoroughly dissatisfied with his role in the offense.

The man who received a big-money contract to remain with the team caught only two passes for 24 yards, bringing his seven-game total to a measly 311 yards on 24 receptions, with three touchdowns.  He was grumbling privately about his role before reports emerged of Holmes, Burress, and exiled receiver Derrick Masoncomplaining to Ryan about offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.  Holmes also has complained publicly — twice — about the offensive line.

The question now is whether Holmes will pop off again in the wake of Sunday’s game.  There’s a good chance he won’t; he’d come off as short-sighted given that the Jets won on Sunday, and as petty in light of Plaxico’s three-touchdown day.

But Holmes isn’t happy, and Holmes hasn’t been happy.  Finding a way to make him happy could be the biggest challenge this team currently faces.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Holmes takes break from whining about OL, now whines about his role with the Jets

I agree w/Z, its fun to watch, but I wouldnt count them out yet.  We wouldnt be that lucky.  They will still be there in the end I believe. I havent seen enough yet to say they dont make the playoffs. Lets see what they do in the next few weeks

Sections
Shortcuts