Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i do agree it makes the defense better and should take alot of pressure off of mccourty....and yes like you said, i hope he stays out of trouble....but there have been plenty of players with issues like this who the pats have signed and never seemed to get in much trouble while they were here....im not too worried about that....nice move BB.

[/QUOTE]

yeah guys like this can be busts as far as desire (Moss final year, Haynesworth), laziness (Haynesworth) or picking up the system (Ocho) but they don't ever come here and get arrested for bar fights or drugs, even if they'd done that in the past or in college (Hernandez/Dennard).

It's going to be show your talent for Talib... he won't be getting in trouble

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i do agree it makes the defense better and should take alot of pressure off of mccourty....and yes like you said, i hope he stays out of trouble....but there have been plenty of players with issues like this who the pats have signed and never seemed to get in much trouble while they were here....im not too worried about that....nice move BB.

[/QUOTE]

yeah guys like this can be busts as far as desire (Moss final year, Haynesworth), laziness (Haynesworth) or picking up the system (Ocho) but they don't ever come here and get arrested for bar fights or drugs, even if they'd done that in the past or in college (Hernandez/Dennard).

It's going to be show your talent for Talib... he won't be getting in trouble

[/QUOTE]

hey rame, did you see my thread?

WE Have No Teddy, Ted or Willie, etc Can Wilfork and Mayo be a Strong Enough Influence For a player like Talib.

mccourty? i doubt it. we need someone like that in the secondary who will hold guys accountable.

who on this team is going to get in the face of a player who may need that once in a while?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Methinks BB realizes he has pissed away a major chunk of Brady's career piddling around making bad draft picks on D and that the Brady gravy train reaching the last stop is just ahead on the horizon. Desperate men do desperate things.

[/QUOTE]

What?? Brady has played in 5 super bowls here. What other QB has? Nonsense!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I love this move. I think its the classic low risk high reward type move. If it dont work out, who cares? BB will trade all over the board on draft day and get back the 4th. I just dont understand how anyone can say this is a "desperation move?" That doesn't make sense. Is it always a desperation move anytime you try to improve your team? This is low risk high reward!! A deperation move would be something like trading for Dwight Feeney and his $20M salary to get to the QB, or a 1st for DRC of Philly. Those would have been desperation moves. Lighten up fans, we are a better team today than we were yesterday!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's Trader Bill for you. 

The first thing I notice about Aqib Talib is that he fights.  BB goes after the high-spirited fighters.  This guy fights his teammate, he mouths off at the cops (but doesn't hit them!), he almost shoots a sex pervert who goes after his sister.  BB really believes in that "fight in the dog" adage.  The next time some dum-dum player from Baltimore calls New England a "finesse" team, drag out Aqib.  

However, the guy doesn't appear to be a drunk or a meth head.  Drunks usually don't win games.  They drag your team down in December.   Nor does he abuse women.

Adderall?  Adderall isn't designed to be an addictive substance.  It's an ADHD pill.  Aqib must be completely embarrassed at getting caught popping an ADD pill, because it says something vaguely bad about his brain chemistry, but the drug probably doesn't affect his on-field performance.  BB has a record of taking chances on players in non-addictive drug trouble.  Case in point:  Aaron Hernandez flunked two pot tests and turned out pretty well for a fourth rounder. 

I like Aqib's size for a cornerback, his big pile of interceptions and his experience. 

Aqib has a strange advantage with his suspension.  He doesn't count against the 53 man limit until after the Buffalo game.  This gives him 3 weeks to learn the system

[/QUOTE]

Not quite true. Technically, the Patriots can have NO contact with him, nor can he practice with the team, until his suspension is actually lifted.

Now, if a playbook just happened to arrive in the mail...with no return address of course  ;)

BTW - I LOVE this trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill Belichick strikes again!! Best GM all time.

[/QUOTE]

Your  post  is  meant  to  be  a  joke, right ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill Belichick strikes again!! Best GM all time.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that just yet, lets wait to see what happens with Talib first. Hopefully it's lighting in a bottle which Talib is on his best behavior for the rest of the season so he can get a new contract but BB's history with trading mid round picks isn't the best.

Don't forget 2013's 5th is gone for Haynesworth and 6th for Ocho. Additionally there are reports TB was going to dump Talib anyways for all his issues so BB essentially gave up a 4th just to not have to outbid anyone for Talib's services. If he is on his best behavior for the rest of the season then it's a pick well spent but if he acts up then it's just another wasted mid round pick BB used to take a chance on an at risk player. Either way I doubt Talib could destroy the lockerroom at this point so it's a low/mid risk (only because it is a 4th) high reward move

8. This post has been removed.