Homers and Haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Re: Homers and Haters

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

Even luck doesn't come around that often, hence why there hasn't been another 6th round hall of fame QB in what 14 years? Like I said, it takes more than just being lucky and talented, it's how you execute.

It's just luck

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

Even luck doesn't come around that often, hence why there hasn't been another 6th round hall of fame QB in what 14 years? Like I said, it takes more than just being lucky and talented, it's how you execute.

It's just luck

So let me get this straight... the Pat's carried 4 Qb's on the roster for a year which is unheard of in the NFL and that is luck? gotcha.

I guess for that year they said let's roll the dice and see if we get lucky with this kid. I'm sure it wasn't because he put in extra time in the film room, worked diligently on improving his physical tools/mechanics, competed ferociously in practice and executed in pre-season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"When the bottom line is the results year in and year out, people here wants the pats to reach the SB every year and win it too.  "

Speaking for myself, I don't care about the Pats reaching the Super Bowl every year. But I would badly like to see them win one Super Bowl post-Spygate, wouldn't you? 

You may not realize the extent to which outside New England that is perceived as an asterisk. I don't agree with it, and most smart folks don't, but bottom line is vindication would be nice. I also want to see Belichick and Brady solidify their all time credentials, and one more ring would go a long way. 

I think many fans in here feel the same way, so we're not the most relaxed bunch as there isn't a lot of time left for this to happen. 

As for Texas Pat, sometimes you are harder on the team's performance than I agree with but you are absolutely a fan. The only time where I think you crossed the line was with Tavon Wilson - not because you were crticial but because you were so relentless about it. 

It turns out you were probably right, but you jumped to conclusions on that too soon and then hammered us with it time and again.

Don't always agree with your game recaps but they are way better than anything the Globe publishes. You're a fan, time to move on and just discuss the team. :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

So let me get this straight... the Pat's carried 4 Qb's on the roster for a year which is unheard of in the NFL and that is luck? gotcha.

I guess for that year they said let's roll the dice and see if we get lucky with this kid. I'm sure it wasn't because he put in extra time in the film room, worked diligently on improving his physical tools/mechanics, competed ferociously in practice and executed in pre-season.

RESPONSE: Brady certainly had, and has, a strong work ethic, Rumor has it that Tom met a certain judge on the golf course, during his rookie year, who gave him some sage advise, in the form of a poem. Tom has lived by these wise words, ever since:    

"It's easy to grin when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat".  

LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Criticism of drafts is convenient, right...?  There are the players .  What did they accomplish? where are they now? 

I like looking at good players, like how did the ravens get ed reed, or how did Steelers find troy polamalu?

Hindsight is 20 -20.  Tex, move on . You're not saying anything.  BB isn't a bad coach.  You claim he's great enough to win anyway in spite of bad draft choices.  Each story, each player is different. 

If it was easy or even logical as you imply , every player would develop into an all pro.  reality... Deal with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Brady certainly had, and has, a strong work ethic, Rumor has it that Tom met a certain judge on the golf course, during his rookie year, who gave him some sage advise, in the form of a poem. Tom has lived by this wise words, ever since:    

"It's easy to grin when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat".  

LOL!!!

LMAO... Top notch reponse TOP NOTCH!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Earlier, I had posted that Tom Brady had met a certain judge on the golf course during his rookie year, who gave him some sage advice. But, after conducting a little research, it seems that Tommy (as he was referred to in his younger days) had met this judge previously, during his high school days in California....when Tommy had worked a part time summer job as a caddy at a golf course.

During his senior year in high school, Tommy expressed a desire to attend the University of Michigan, upon graduation. But, unfortunately, Tommy was very low on funds, and needed a scholarship. Without the scholarship, he knew that he would have had to bypass college, and accept a job working in a local lumber yard.

But, as fate would have it, the country club where Tommy worked gave to one of the caddy's a huge scholarship every year. The caddy who performed well at the annual caddy tournament, and who had the right connections, would be the scholarship recipient. 

The president of the country club, and the chairman of the scholarship committee, happened to be his particular judge. Since Tommy was the judge's caddy, he appeared to have an inside track to the scholarship, if he did well in the caddy tournament.

But, Tommy being Tommy, he began a relationship with the judge's attractive niece...and was actually caught in the judge's home by the judge himself, while Tom was in the process of having a romantic interlude with the niece. As a result, Tommy and the judge had a bit of a falling out...which led to the following conversation between the two, the very next day:  

Tommy: Judge, sir?

Judge: Sit down, Tommy. I think you know why you're here, so I'll do us the courtesy of not reviewing what happened yesterday. My niece is the kind of girl that has a certain zest for living. The last thing any of us needs now is a lot of loose talk about her behavior.

Tommy: I swear I didn't tell anybody anything, sir.

Judge: Good, good. You know, despite what happened, I'm still convinced that you have many fine qualities. I think you can still become a gentleman someday if you understand and abide by the rules of decent society. There's a lot of...well, badness in the world today. I see it in court every day. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. I didn't want to do it- I felt I owed it to them. The most important decision you can make right now is what you stand for- goodness...or badness.

Tommy: Now I know I've made some mistakes in the past. I'm willing to make up for that. I want to be good!

Judge: Very good! I know how hard it is for young people today and I want to help. Just ask my grandson, Spaulding. He and I are regular pals. Are you my pal..."Mr. Scholarship Winner"?

Tommy: Yes, sir! I'm your pal!

Judge: How about a Fresca (judge proceeds to rub Tommy hair)?

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Earlier, I had posted that Tom Brady had met a certain judge on the golf course during his rookie year, who gave him some sage advice. But, after conducting a little research, it seems that Tommy (as he was referred to in his younger days) had met this judge previously, during his high school days in California....when Tommy had worked a part time summer job as a caddy at a golf course.

During his senior year in high school, Tommy expressed a desire to attend the University of Michigan, upon graduation. But, unfortunately, Tommy was very low on funds, and needed a scholarship. Without the scholarship, he knew that he would have had to bypass college, and accept a job working in a local lumber yard.

But, as fate would have it, the country club where Tommy worked gave to one of the caddy's a huge scholarship every year. The caddy who performed well at the annual caddy tournament, and who had the right connections, would be the scholarship recipient. 

The president of the country club, and the chairman of the scholarship committee, happened to be his particular judge. Since Tommy was the judge's caddy, he appeared to have an inside track to the scholarship, if he did well in the caddy tournament.

But, Tommy being Tommy, he began a relationship with the judge's attractive niece...and was actually caught in the judge's home by the judge himself, while Tom was in the process of having a romantic interlude with the niece. As a result, Tommy and the judge had a bit of a falling out...which led to the following conversation between the two, the very next day:  

Tommy: Judge, sir?

Judge: Sit down, Tommy. I think you know why you're here, so I'll do us the courtesy of not reviewing what happened yesterday. My niece is the kind of girl that has a certain zest for living. The last thing any of us needs now is a lot of loose talk about her behavior.

Tommy: I swear I didn't tell anybody anything, sir.

Judge: Good, good. You know, despite what happened, I'm still convinced that you have many fine qualities. I think you can still become a gentleman someday if you understand and abide by the rules of decent society. There's a lot of...well, badness in the world today. I see it in court every day. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. I didn't want to do it- I felt I owed it to them. The most important decision you can make right now is what you stand for- goodness...or badness.

Tommy: Now I know I've made some mistakes in the past. I'm willing to make up for that. I want to be good!

Judge: Very good! I know how hard it is for young people today and I want to help. Just ask my grandson, Spaulding. He and I are regular pals. Are you my pal..."Mr. Scholarship Winner"?

Tommy: Yes, sir! I'm your pal!

Judge: How about a Fresca (judge proceeds to rub Tommy hair)?

LOL!!!

LMAO!!! Rumor has it they were playing winter rules.

Sections
Shortcuts