Homers/Ostrich Society Members, Take Heed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Homers/Ostrich Society Members, Take Heed

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thinkby more physical teams in the playoffs. Last year we had a bye and played a Denver Bronco team that shouldn't of been there. Then we run into an offensiveless Ravens team, before getting beat up by a good defensive team. We have to be almost perfect on offense to win right now and that realisticly isn't going to happen through 3 playoff games...it just isn't.

When you walk away from this board and have a discussion about the Patriots with normal fans, they tell you how bad this defense is - yet when you come on here, it's an ascending defense that is young and exciting. This place is a microcosm of what is happening, the rest of the world watches this team and would kill for a Tom Brady and this offense...not here...here it's his fault. It makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I fart:(

Really I do think the defense has improved a bit and hopefully will be peaking heading into that first playoff game, but in the end I just think they're not good enough. Weren't good enough last year when they couldn't get off the field all game vs the Giants. Weren't good enough the year before when they couldn't get within shouting distance of Sanchez and let him pick them apart. The year before they got punched in the face from the moment the game began - until it thankfully ended against the Ravens (at home). This year it could be Peyton Manning standing back there all comfy for what seems like an eternity, picking apart our secondary.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it and in the end people will be calling for Brady's head because he threw one interception or didn't go 25 for 25 with 4 touchdowns against a number one rated defense. It's laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Like the Colts of the past, a previously more physical Patriots team could beat up on opponents when it counted the most.  The Patriots' best game was against the Texans. It was/is very difficult to play physicial football to two hard-hitting teams in a row for this team.

The Patriots will have to play much more physical - and stay on top of their ball-hawking skills during the playoffs.  If they do, they have a chance in winning another SB this year. If not, well...it will be an early exit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Name another NFL team that has, essentially, been in 50% of the SBs in the last decade or so?  I hear crickets!  Looking at the list digger provided, there are a lot of NFL fans who dream of their team even sniffing a SB appearance in the last decade or their history, let alone win one.  This TP post is more representative of a spoiled Patriots fan who is disgusted the team hasn't won a SB since 2004!  OMG, since 2004!!!  TP, there are A LOT of BEST teams who have not won a SB!  Does GB of 2011 ring a bell? If all we are ever to do is crown a team the best in the land from playing just one game, then the Cardinals are a better team than the Pats for winning that ONE game.  In the year the Jets defeated the Colts in the SB, did everyone consider the Jets the better team after that?  Not necessarily, they just happen to win that one game.  Granted, the crown goes to the winner of the SB, but, we will always have arguments about which team is the best when such a game result hinges on the weird bounce, or lucky catch, of the odd shaped football.  If the Pats make it to the SB and win it, we shall all rejoice.  Not making the SB, or winning one, is not the end of the world since there is another season to try again.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a thought. T.B. is a great Q.B, undoubtedly one of the greatest. He is a great competitor but he is human. I think that as he is getting older and coming closer to he end of his career his desire to win another S.B.may be putting pressure on him and that may account for his less than expected performances in both the playoff against the Ravens and in the S.B.  We  will see how he does this year.

Opinions?

[/QUOTE]

Just bumping this up hoping for some opinions.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey you homers, and esteemed members of the Ostrich Society...it's put up or shut up time for the Patriots. This team has blown hot and cold for most of the season...starting off slow, and, seemingly, until the last two weeks, finishing with a kick. Their slow start will likely cost them a playoff bye, and require them to beat their old nemesis, "The Horseface", in Denver.

Just how good are these Patriots? According to the Ostrich Society, they are the NFL's best team. Yet, the Pats haven't won a championship since 2004. They have become the NFL's answer to MLB's Atlanta Braves of the 90s.

With Tom Brady now 35 years old, their window of opportunity is closing. It's time for them to cut out the poor OL play and inconsistencies, and GET IT DONE. SB, or bust. NO EXCUSES are acceptable: http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20121229-it-s-put-up-or-shut-up-time-for-patriots.ece

[/QUOTE]

3 Super Bowls in a run and you compare that to the Braves.  LOL.  Considering the best run is 4 and the Pats stand at 3, thats dam impressive.  Get a clue TexasPat.  Better yet, get a life.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

I think until the defense plays better (or is better) we will continue to get puched in the face by more physical teams in the playoffs. Last year we had a bye and played a Denver Bronco team that shouldn't of been there. Then we run into an offensiveless Ravens team, before getting beat up by a good defensive team. We have to be almost perfect on offense to win right now and that realisticly isn't going to happen through 3 playoff games...it just isn't.

[/QUOTE]

Good defensive team, you mean the 25th ranked Giants or are you talking about some other team? Because the Giants team I saw last year was an offensively driven team, and its offense was powered by a dynamic passing game (not by its 32nd ranked rushing offense). Just because New England's offense didn't play well, doesn't mean the defense is great. 

Aren't the Steelers supposed to be everything you guys want, great defense (#1 year after year), strong running game (allegedly), hard nosed, tough? Yet, compare the Patriots record to theirs over the years. I'll take the Pats, thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

The never ending story of the BLAME...when will you guys let up blaming one unit over the other? I haven't seen one poster here blaming the team as a whole of the last TWO loses in the SB..Spoiled much?  For crying out loud, why don't ya root for the JETS, Browns, Jaguars, KC, I bet their fan base is wayyy happier than Pats fan with how their teams are doing....Enjoy the ride fellas, we'd never know when it'll end and when we'll see it again..

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Rock...   as for your comments about the Pats and their lack of offensive production in the last two SBs.  If anything, which team, Pats or the Giants, truly played at their A game level?  In both, for some reason, the Giants rose up the best and the Pats didn't.  In SB42, the Giants played way over their heads and in SB46, they again played much better than normal.  Those are the breaks just like we saw the Pats when they played in SB35 against the Rams.  S**t happens and it happend to the Pats twice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to leonardo0110's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The never ending story of the BLAME...when will you guys let up blaming one unit over the other? I haven't seen one poster here blaming the team as a whole of the last TWO loses in the SB..Spoiled much?  For crying out loud, why don't ya root for the JETS, Browns, Jaguars, KC, I bet their fan base is wayyy happier than Pats fan with how their teams are doing....Enjoy the ride fellas, we'd never know when it'll end and when we'll see it again..

[/QUOTE]

My intent has never been to pit one side over the other, but to shed light on the truth as to what the ROOT cause is.

For years, YEARS, the media has ignored the truth of this because they hate BB and love Brady.

So, they have actually totally misled the pubic this whole time, one, to drive ratings/clicks on blogs, etc, and second, because it's easy to eliminate the contexts in order to do that.

We could attend another SB again, see the exact same thing we saw last year and it will be for the same root cause.

Offense.

If it's an offensive based era, why is there more accountability on the defense? It makes no sense.

Every successful franchise has 60% (approx) invested in their offense these days, yet somehow BB is wrong in approach? No.  When the chips are on the table, the offense must earn its paycheck. That simple.

[/QUOTE]

We can go on and on and on and on about who's at fault here, bottom line is everyone needs to step their game up, Brady, the WRs, RB, TE, DBs, DL, LB, Special team, and specially the O-line..We can both agree that Brady hasn't played like he used to when him and BB were undefeated in the postseason, but to sit here and blame him the most or in some cases just him, is unfair I think..But that's your opinion and I respect it...I just want them to host another Lombardi before they retire and I don't care who gets the credit...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Worst thread ever,  There should be Feminine Hygiene product advertisements attached to it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'm an ostrich because I root for an 11-4 team that is going to the playoffs? Instead of enjoying the amazing run the team is on i should just continue to whine about how they have only won 3 super bowls during the run. Why bother watching if it is such torture seeing them not go 16-0 every year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

14 teams,

Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
    Buffalo Bills (0-4)
    Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)
    Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Tennessee Titans (0-1)
    San Diego Chargers (0-1)
    Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions

have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one.

It's more fun being a homer than a downer.

[/QUOTE]

TPat is a troll. He also lives in Texas and never even grew up in NE, so why even bother?  He's an NFL fan who bandwagoned on in 2007 and now trolls this board for attention.

[/QUOTE]

Not true.  TexasPat has been here since at least 2004.

So have I.  The boards reset in 2006.  That's when we all had to begin new post counts.  He was here before me.  If you added in our post count before 2006, it would easily double most of the ones still here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think until the defense plays better (or is better) we will continue to get puched in the face by more physical teams in the playoffs. Last year we had a bye and played a Denver Bronco team that shouldn't of been there. Then we run into an offensiveless Ravens team, before getting beat up by a good defensive team. We have to be almost perfect on offense to win right now and that realisticly isn't going to happen through 3 playoff games...it just isn't.

When you walk away from this board and have a discussion about the Patriots with normal fans, they tell you how bad this defense is - yet when you come on here, it's an ascending defense that is young and exciting. This place is a microcosm of what is happening, the rest of the world watches this team and would kill for a Tom Brady and this offense...not here...here it's his fault. It makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I fart:(

Really I do think the defense has improved a bit and hopefully will be peaking heading into that first playoff game, but in the end I just think they're not good enough. Weren't good enough last year when they couldn't get off the field all game vs the Giants. Weren't good enough the year before when they couldn't get within shouting distance of Sanchez and let him pick them apart. The year before they got punched in the face from the moment the game began - until it thankfully ended against the Ravens (at home). This year it could be Peyton Manning standing back there all comfy for what seems like an eternity, picking apart our secondary.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it and in the end people will be calling for Brady's head because he threw one interception or didn't go 25 for 25 with 4 touchdowns against a number one rated defense. It's laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Whats funny to me is that you want the defense to get tougher but never wanted the offense to toughen up... why shouldnt the offense be able to execute in crunchtime, how is a finesse offense OK, why the double standard?

[/QUOTE]

I think they did in the Miami game to close it out, but you're right, they will need to be more physical as well. The problem is this - you can't expect or count on ANY offense to have to put up 30 plus points to win a game...especially in the playoffs..not going to happen. Weather and good defenses generally put a number on an offense in the playoffs, plus they tend to let some of the ticky tacky BS pass interference and holding calls go in the playoffs.

So it's not so much a double standard, I agree they both will need to play better, but the defense has a lot more to prove and accomplish at this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, since 2004.  That must be some sort of record.  That's seven seasons without winning a Super Bowl.  I'll bet every other team has won at least 3 or 4 Super Bowls since then.  You've shown me the light Tex, I will from here on out some my days b1tching and whining about this team

[/QUOTE]

Well, well, well...we are greeted by an esteemed member of the Ostrich Society! According to this fine fellow, what's the big deal that the Pats haven't won a SB since 2004? As long as there's Tom, BB, and the Pats try hard, where's the harm?? It's all peaches and cream. So what, that the Pats lost two SBs to the Giants twice? Big deal. All is well!

LOL!!!  

Sections
Shortcuts