Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions

have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one.

It's more fun being a homer than a downer.

[/QUOTE]

Yet another member!! We are indeed blessed!! Hey look, Jacksonville and the Lions NEVER won a SB!! All is well!!!

LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Homers/Ostrich Society Members, Take Heed

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, well, well...we are greeted by an esteemed member of the Ostrich Society! According to this fine fellow, what's the big deal that the Pats haven't won a SB since 2004? As long as there's Tom, BB, and the Pats try hard, where's the harm?? It's all peaches and cream. So what, that the Pats lost two SBs to the Giants twice? Big deal. All is well!

LOL!!!  

[/QUOTE]

I don't know anybody that's happy about losing those games, but what are we supposed to do, wring our hands, demand the firing of Belichick, boycott the games, march with pitchforks and torches on Kraft's house?  

All in all, as a fan base, we're pretty blessed by this team in my opinion. But what do I know.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm moving to Texas in a couple months, is the sky falling around Austin or just where you live?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd almost think its  bredbru as gloom and doom as he is.

[/QUOTE]

Doom and gloom?? How so?? Saying that it's "put up or shut up" time for the Pats? That's doom and gloom?? Or, is this another case of Ostrich Society members sticking their heads in the sand (or another place where the sun don't shine), refusing to deal with reality?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think until the defense plays better (or is better) we will continue to get puched in the face by more physical teams in the playoffs. Last year we had a bye and played a Denver Bronco team that shouldn't of been there. Then we run into an offensiveless Ravens team, before getting beat up by a good defensive team. We have to be almost perfect on offense to win right now and that realisticly isn't going to happen through 3 playoff games...it just isn't.

When you walk away from this board and have a discussion about the Patriots with normal fans, they tell you how bad this defense is - yet when you come on here, it's an ascending defense that is young and exciting. This place is a microcosm of what is happening, the rest of the world watches this team and would kill for a Tom Brady and this offense...not here...here it's his fault. It makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I fart:(

Really I do think the defense has improved a bit and hopefully will be peaking heading into that first playoff game, but in the end I just think they're not good enough. Weren't good enough last year when they couldn't get off the field all game vs the Giants. Weren't good enough the year before when they couldn't get within shouting distance of Sanchez and let him pick them apart. The year before they got punched in the face from the moment the game began - until it thankfully ended against the Ravens (at home). This year it could be Peyton Manning standing back there all comfy for what seems like an eternity, picking apart our secondary.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it and in the end people will be calling for Brady's head because he threw one interception or didn't go 25 for 25 with 4 touchdowns against a number one rated defense. It's laughable.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats have been given a golden opportunity by the Colts to earn a bye. All they have to do is beat the Dolphins. NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED...get it done!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's based on a cumulative total and average.   Again, I don't care if Brady shreds a bunch of average or bad Ds in the regular season. It doesn't mean jack squat, as we've seen since 2007. 

You're better than that. It doesn't matter where you're ranked.  SD had a #1 offense a few years back and then sucked again against better comp. in the postseason.

THAT, right there, was our problem last postseason and in 2007, for example, each our last 2 SB appearances where the offense forgot to show up.

Enough, dude.

Seriously. Let's just hope the offense you love so much in the regular season tunes it up today and shows up this postseason.  It will be BEYOND ugly if Brady chokes again this postseason. I don't want that, nor do you.

[/QUOTE]

What??? You're calling Tom Brady a choke artist? And you dare call me a troll??

LOL!!!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thinkby more physical teams in the playoffs. Last year we had a bye and played a Denver Bronco team that shouldn't of been there. Then we run into an offensiveless Ravens team, before getting beat up by a good defensive team. We have to be almost perfect on offense to win right now and that realisticly isn't going to happen through 3 playoff games...it just isn't.

When you walk away from this board and have a discussion about the Patriots with normal fans, they tell you how bad this defense is - yet when you come on here, it's an ascending defense that is young and exciting. This place is a microcosm of what is happening, the rest of the world watches this team and would kill for a Tom Brady and this offense...not here...here it's his fault. It makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I fart:(

Really I do think the defense has improved a bit and hopefully will be peaking heading into that first playoff game, but in the end I just think they're not good enough. Weren't good enough last year when they couldn't get off the field all game vs the Giants. Weren't good enough the year before when they couldn't get within shouting distance of Sanchez and let him pick them apart. The year before they got punched in the face from the moment the game began - until it thankfully ended against the Ravens (at home). This year it could be Peyton Manning standing back there all comfy for what seems like an eternity, picking apart our secondary.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it and in the end people will be calling for Brady's head because he threw one interception or didn't go 25 for 25 with 4 touchdowns against a number one rated defense. It's laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Like the Colts of the past, a previously more physical Patriots team could beat up on opponents when it counted the most.  The Patriots' best game was against the Texans. It was/is very difficult to play physicial football to two hard-hitting teams in a row for this team.

The Patriots will have to play much more physical - and stay on top of their ball-hawking skills during the playoffs.  If they do, they have a chance in winning another SB this year. If not, well...it will be an early exit.

[/QUOTE]

AMEN, BROTHER!!! I thought that all the sane people had fled this forum. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Name another NFL team that has, essentially, been in 50% of the SBs in the last decade or so?  I hear crickets!  Looking at the list digger provided, there are a lot of NFL fans who dream of their team even sniffing a SB appearance in the last decade or their history, let alone win one.  This TP post is more representative of a spoiled Patriots fan who is disgusted the team hasn't won a SB since 2004!  OMG, since 2004!!!

RESPONSE: Congratulations on your membership in the Ostrich Society, Bill! I know...the truth hurts. But, the botton line is that the Patriots could have, and should have done better. They blew a huge lead in the AFC title game in Indy in 2006 (albeit referee assisted), blew a one in two lifetimes shot at a perfect season in 2007 by playing their worst game of that season in the SB, and losing to the Giants...lost to the Jets at home in 2010 after burying them a few weeks earlier, 45-3...and lost again in SB 46, letting Peyton's little brother foli them again, in the final two minutes. Yet...you Ostrich Society members want to call the Pats "the greatest ever". To earn such a title, a 4th SB trophy is required.  

TP, there are A LOT of BEST teams who have not won a SB!  Does GB of 2011 ring a bell?

RESPONSE: True Ostrich Society logic! The 2011 Packers got buried by the Giants on their home field! How does that make them a "BEST team"?

If all we are ever to do is crown a team the best in the land from playing just one game, then the Cardinals are a better team than the Pats for winning that ONE game.

RESPONSE: This Ostrich tibbet of "logic" is now even worthy of a response...LOL!!

In the year the Jets defeated the Colts in the SB, did everyone consider the Jets the better team after that?

RESPONSE: Uh...yeah...I did. The Jets soundly beat the Colts that day.  

Not necessarily, they just happen to win that one game.  Granted, the crown goes to the winner of the SB, but, we will always have arguments about which team is the best when such a game result hinges on the weird bounce, or lucky catch, of the odd shaped football.  If the Pats make it to the SB and win it, we shall all rejoice.  Not making the SB, or winning one, is not the end of the world since there is another season to try again.

RESPONSE: Why is it that the "weird bounces, and lucky catch of the odd-shaped football" haven't gone the Pats' way, since 2004? Seems to me that Asante Samuel had and Wes Welker could have made catches in the 2007 and 2011 SBs, to win those games. If so, we need not be having this conversation. The Pats would be undisputably the greatest of all time. With the talent that the Pats now possess, who should beat them?? Don't you agree that they have the most talent out there? Its time to GET IT DONE...NO EXCUSES!

I am wrong believing that the Pats have the most talent in the league? They need to get it done...THIS YEAR!!    

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Worst thread ever,  There should be Feminine Hygiene product advertisements attached to it.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry TCal...had I known that Rusty was going to visit this thread repeatedly, I would have added some.

LOL!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Patriots playing the biggest game of the year right now trying to get a bye and TPs in his own world complaining about crap from 5 years ago.  What else do you need to know?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm an ostrich because I root for an 11-4 team that is going to the playoffs? Instead of enjoying the amazing run the team is on i should just continue to whine about how they have only won 3 super bowls during the run. Why bother watching if it is such torture seeing them not go 16-0 every year.

[/QUOTE]

Hell no! To be an Ostrich Society member, you must blindly accept that the Patriots are the best team in the league, and can never criticize them whenever they don't play to expectations. You see, with the Ostrich Societeers, there's always an excuse whenever the Pats fail to win. It's never due to the other team being better...or poor execution by the players. The Society deems any criticism of the Pats as blaspheme!!   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

14 teams,

Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
    Buffalo Bills (0-4)
    Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)
    Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Tennessee Titans (0-1)
    San Diego Chargers (0-1)
    Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions

have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one.

It's more fun being a homer than a downer.

[/QUOTE]

TPat is a troll. He also lives in Texas and never even grew up in NE, so why even bother?  He's an NFL fan who bandwagoned on in 2007 and now trolls this board for attention.

[/QUOTE]

Not true.  TexasPat has been here since at least 2004.

So have I.  The boards reset in 2006.  That's when we all had to begin new post counts.  He was here before me.  If you added in our post count before 2006, it would easily double most of the ones still here.

[/QUOTE]

Spare your breath. Truth and logic are lost on not so Trusty Rusty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'll make a declarative statement; Tom Brady is the best QB of his generation, unequivocally, with or without a running game, but the Patriot's as a whole are better with a power running game surrounding him.

If believing that the Patriot's are the best team in the NFL makes me a member of this group, than vote me in as President.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Count me in too. I guess you're either an ostrich or a handwringer. I'd rather root for the team than fret over every personnel decision and draft pick. We need a logo, maybe some hats and t-shirts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Great idea, can someone (TFB12?) make us a Homer Ostrich Society Member T-shirt, maybe a nice crest emblem would classy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Oh the irony.  Why an Ostrich?  Someone needs to do a little more research about this bird rather than perpetuating myths.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defense Wins Championships. QB's and runners can have a bad day, but a Great Defense will always keep you in the game. Been watching Football too long to change.

[/QUOTE]

This is a great defense, health provided.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great idea, can someone (TFB12?) make us a Homer Ostrich Society Member T-shirt, maybe a nice crest emblem would classy?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm moving to Texas in a couple months, is the sky falling around Austin or just where you live?

[/QUOTE]

Austin is really a suburb of California, that was transported by the El Nino winds into Texas.

LOL!!!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll make a declarative statement; Tom Brady is the best QB of his generation, unequivocally, with or without a running game, but the Patriot's as a whole are better with a power running game surrounding him.

If believing that the Patriot's are the best team in the NFL makes me a member of this group, than vote me in as President.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Patriots are the NFL's best team. That being the case, it follows that they should be able to wrest that elusive 4th Lombardi THIS SEASON...NO EXCUSES!! Anything short of that is a failure, since, by your own admission, they are the NFL's best. AGREED??? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Patriots are the NFL's best team. That being the case, it follows that they should be able to wrest that elusive 4th Lombardi THIS SEASON...NO EXCUSES!! Anything short of that is a failure, since, by your own admission, they are the NFL's best. AGREED??? 

[/QUOTE]

Of the 3 Pat super bowl wins only once were they the best regular season team. The Rams were better in 2001 but the Pats pulled of the huge upset. In 2004 the Steelers were 15-1 and the Pats went to Pitt and won rather handily. The best team usually does not win the super bowl in actuality. The playoffs are always tough to get through. Heck, other than 2003 Patriots has the best regular season team won it once since 2000.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TP - where have I EVER said the Pats are the BEST team in the league, week in and week out being blind to their faults?  I simply support the team week in and week out, win or lose.  What I find amazing are folks like you who have placed this bar up in the heavens on this team and if they do not jump high enough to suit your expectations, you slam the team.  It is not like the rest of the league is down on one knee to the Pats every week.