Homers/Ostrich Society Members, Take Heed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Homers/Ostrich Society Members, Take Heed

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TP - where have I EVER said the Pats are the BEST team in the league, week in and week out being blind to their faults?

RESPONSE: Err...is your name Wozzy?? That post was directed to him, in reponse to what he said. But, while we're on the topic, I do think that the Patriots are the best team in the NFL, this season. Don't you? If not, who is better? 

I simply support the team week in and week out, win or lose.

RESPONSE: How sweet...and how cowardly non-commital. Do you think that the Patriots are the best team in the league this season? Yes or No? If no, who is better?

What I find amazing are folks like you who have placed this bar up in the heavens on this team and if they do not jump high enough to suit your expectations, you slam the team.  It is not like the rest of the league is down on one knee to the Pats every week. 

RESPONSE: The Pats have the most talent overall, the best coach in NFL history, and one of the best QBs in NFL history. Don't you agree? This being the case, there's no excuse for not taking home the Lombardi this season. STOP with the excuses!! If the Pats' don't win it all this year, they underachieved. YES...expectations are high. That's what goes along with being a great team. Great things are expected. 

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of the 3 Pat super bowl wins only once were they the best regular season team. The Rams were better in 2001 but the Pats pulled of the huge upset. In 2004 the Steelers were 15-1 and the Pats went to Pitt and won rather handily. The best team usually does not win the super bowl in actuality. The playoffs are always tough to get through. Heck, other than 2003 Patriots has the best regular season team won it once since 2000. 

[/QUOTE]

The regular season means little, it's who has the best and healthiest team for the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Seriously Texas, you should just go follow another team.  What a bitter, b!tchy little sag a$s hen you are.  You are going to choke yourself to death in all that bile.  If you do, we will throw a parade.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously Texas, you should just go follow another team.  What a bitter, b!tchy little sag a$s hen you are.  You are going to choke yourself to death in all that bile.  If you do, we will throw a parade.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  This guy always seems to try to take a dump on anything positive going on with the Pats. If somebody says the Pats are a good team or hopes that they win, he calls them an Ostrich.  

I'm at the point where I would rather read Leon's aka (Jets) posts than his.  At least with Leon, you know who your enemy is.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of the 3 Pat super bowl wins only once were they the best regular season team. The Rams were better in 2001 but the Pats pulled of the huge upset. In 2004 the Steelers were 15-1 and the Pats went to Pitt and won rather handily. The best team usually does not win the super bowl in actuality. The playoffs are always tough to get through. Heck, other than 2003 Patriots has the best regular season team won it once since 2000. 

[/QUOTE]

The regular season means little, it's who has the best and healthiest team for the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

That's correct. After that, it's coaching and matchups. Me likey.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that the whole point of my post? Just because the Broncos and/or Falcons were the best team of the season does not mean that the Pats can't win the super bowl this year. Being the best team in the regular season has generally meant you will not win the super bowl (at least since 2000).

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Add another

[/QUOTE]

If the Patriots are to join or overtake the likes of the Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers as the team that had the greatest era...they must win that elusive 4th Lombardi this season. Winning that 4th SB would also serve to cement Tom Brady's legacy as the greatest QB of all-time.   

[/QUOTE]

tex,
    i posted same last year (bout brady, bb, and pats as team)... and 2 or more bb gets that accolade for coaches

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Add another

[/QUOTE]

If the Patriots are to join or overtake the likes of the Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers as the team that had the greatest era...they must win that elusive 4th Lombardi this season. Winning that 4th SB would also serve to cement Tom Brady's legacy as the greatest QB of all-time.   

[/QUOTE]

tex,
    i posted same last year (bout brady, bb, and pats as team)... and 2 or more bb gets that accolade for coaches

[/QUOTE]

Lol you never miss anything do you..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Great idea, can someone (TFB12?) make us a Homer Ostrich Society Member T-shirt, maybe a nice crest emblem would classy?

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, well well...glad to see that they finally let you out of the pysche ward...but it sounds like your release was 30 days premature.

LOL!!!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TP - where have I EVER said the Pats are the BEST team in the league, week in and week out being blind to their faults?

RESPONSE: Err...is your name Wozzy?? That post was directed to him, in reponse to what he said. But, while we're on the topic, I do think that the Patriots are the best team in the NFL, this season. Don't you? If not, who is better? 

RESPONSE: How sweet...and how cowardly non-commital. Do you think that the Patriots are the best team in the league this season? Yes or No? If no, who is better?

What I find amazing are folks like you who have placed this bar up in the heavens on this team and if they do not jump high enough to suit your expectations, you slam the team.  It is not like the rest of the league is down on one knee to the Pats every week. 

RESPONSE: The Pats have the most talent overall, the best coach in NFL history, and one of the best QBs in NFL history. Don't you agree? This being the case, there's no excuse for not taking home the Lombardi this season. STOP with the excuses!! If the Pats' don't win it all this year, they underachieved. YES...expectations are high. That's what goes along with being a great team. Great things are expected. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How convenient for you. By saying the Pats are the best team  (despite everything else you wrote before) you get the best of both worlds. If they win it's because they were the best and you told us so. If they lose you get to be "I told you so" they don't have the will to win despite their great talent. Great teams (or very good ones) fail to win the super bowl every year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How convenient for you. By saying the Pats are the best team  (despite everything else you wrote before) you get the best of both worlds. If they win it's because they were the best and you told us so. If they lose you get to be "I told you so" they don't have the will to win despite their great talent. Great teams (or very good ones) fail to win the super bowl every year.

[/QUOTE]

What??? You're making about as much sense as Rusty! The Pats have, in my view, the best team in the NFL. Just because I pick against them during some weeks, doesn't mean that I expect them to lose. When I pick against them, I'm saying that they won't cover the spread...not that they won't win! Is that so hard for you homers to understand??

It is you Ostrich Societeers who want the best of both worlds. You spin my picks against the spread as evidence that I don't think that the Pats are the best team, and as proof that I'm a troll. As usual, you clowns refuse to face reality.

I'm going to say it...here and now. I expect the Patriots to win the SB. There is no team that should beat them. They have perhaps the best coach and QB in NFL history...and as much player talent as any other contender. If healthy...and it appears that, with the bye week, that the Pats will be healthy...they should win it all. NO EXCUSES!!! This year, they need to get it done. The window of opportunity is closing, as Tom Brady is getting no younger.  

Do you disagree with this?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What??? You're making about as much semnse as Rusty! The Pats have, in my view, the best team in the NFL. Just because I pick against them during some weeks, doesn't mean that I expect them to lose. When I pick against them, I'm saying that they won't cover the spread...not that they won't win! Is that so hard for you homers to understand??

It is you Ostrich Societeers who want the best of both worlds. You spin my picks against the spread as evidence that I don't think that the Pats are the best team, and as proof that I'm a troll. As usual, you clowns refuse to face reality.

I'm going to say it...here and now. I expect the Patriots to win the SB. There is no team that should beat them. They have perhaps the best coach and QB in NFL history...and as much player talent as any other contender. If healthy...and it appears that, with the bye week, that the Pats will be healthy...they should win it all. NO EXCUSES!!! This year, they need to get it done. The window of opportunity is closing, as Tom Brady is getting no younger.  

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about whether or not you pick the Pats. You slam them for months and now they are the best team? Like I said you get the best of both worlds. If they lose in the playoffs you get to talk about how they don't have the will to win anymore or Brady doesn't care anymore just like you warned us. Only you can see their failings, the rest of us are ostriches because we root for the Pats no matter what happens. As if I became a Pats fan in 2001.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What??? You're making about as much semnse as Rusty! The Pats have, in my view, the best team in the NFL. Just because I pick against them during some weeks, doesn't mean that I expect them to lose. When I pick against them, I'm saying that they won't cover the spread...not that they won't win! Is that so hard for you homers to understand??

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about whether or not you pick the Pats. You slam them for months and now they are the best team? Like I said you get the best of both worlds. If they lose in the playoffs you get to talk about how they don't have the will to win anymore or Brady doesn't care anymore just like you warned us. Only you can see their failings, the rest of us are ostriches because we root for the Pats no matter what happens. As if I became a Pats fan in 2001.

[/QUOTE]

How have I "slammed them for months"?? Give me an example? Because I critize them whenever they play poorly? You homers are ostriches because you avoid objectivity, and reality. You squelch legitimate football conversation on this forum by personally attacking anyone who dares to criticize the Pats, for any reason. Many who once posted here regularly have left, for this very reason.  I'm sick and tired of the holier than thou attitude of you homers. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How have I "slammed them for months"?? Give me an example? Because I critize them whenever they play poorly? You homers are ostriches because you avoid objectivity, and reality. You squelch legitimate football conversation on this forum by personally attacking anyone who dares to criticize the Pats, for any reason. Many who once posted here regularly have left, for this very reason.  I'm sick and tired of the holier than thou attitude of you homers. 

[/QUOTE]

Says the pot to the kettle. By the way who started this thread anyways?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Says the pot to the kettle. By the way who started this thread anyways?

[/QUOTE]

Pleeaassseee!! Do you even know what this thread is about? Why don't you go back and read my initial post, and read the Providence Journal article I cited. Then, tell me if you disagree with my original post, or the article.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's funny, year after year Belichick fields a competitive team, but we're the ones sticking our head in a hole ignoring the obvious if we don't agree with the Nancies assessment that this team was on the verge of collapse all season.

Now that the postseason is here the hand wringers are NOW saying the Pat's are the best team and will win it all... truly the sky is falling.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Regardless of the article this post is aimed at poking a stick in somebodies eye.  It could have been done differently but ah...this is how the board is now.  The straight out exagerations and lies said in this thread alone shows you where this board is going and is not going to get better any time soon. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

It's funny, year after year Belichick fields a competitive team, but we're the ones sticking our head in a hole ignoring the obvious if we don't agree with the Nancies assessment that this team was on the verge of collapse all season.

RESPONSE: That's because Ostrich Society members like you see any criticisms of the Pats as someone saying that the team sucks.  Please point out where I've ever said that the "Pats were on the verge of collapse"? That's just how you ostriches translate criticisms.

Now that the postseason is here the hand wringers are NOW saying the Pat's are the best team and will win it all... truly the sky is falling.

RESPONSE: No. I've said that the Pats are the best team and should win it all. I'm predicting that they will. But,  if they don't, I don't want to hear excuses made for them. They need to get it done THIS YEAR. There are NO EXCUSES! They have perhaps the greatest coach and QB of all time, and personnel that's as good or better than any other playoff contender. Again I ask, do you agree? I'm waiting for an answer, Wooz? If you need time to call a meeting with Ostrich Society before giving an answer, that's fine. Discuss it with your esteemed fellow members. Than, give me your opinion. Do you agree, or don't you? Have some guts. take you head out of the sand, and give me an answer.   

AGAIN, just for ostriches like you...when I pick games, I pick taking into account the spread. For example, the Pats were favored by 10 over Miami. Though I felt that the Pats would win, I expected a closer game...that the Pats would win by less than 10. So, I picked Miami. Capische? Comprende? Understand?

As for being a hand wringer, the Pats, following their loss to Seattle on Oct. 14, were just 3-3. Was I supposed to compliment the team for playing well, when they blew a 23-10 lead, late in the 4th quarter? Was I supposed to be enthusiastic after they lost at home to the QB-less Arizona Cardinals?  Oh...that's right. You Ostrich Societeers probably never saw those games. Your heads were firmly suck in the sand, or...some other place where the sun never shines.

I anxiously await your answer.      

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regardless of the article this post is aimed at poking a stick in somebodies eye.  It could have been done differently but ah...this is how the board is now.  The straight out exagerations and lies said in this thread alone shows you where this board is going and is not going to get better any time soon. 

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year, Gary!

Sadly Gary, you're right. But, I'm just sick and tired of these whinny, gutless homers. They sit back, and hope for the best. If anyone dares criticize the Pats, they attack them personally. They are cowards, because they fear to take a position.  

You've been posting about as long as I have, here. What's it been, almost 10 years? How many good posters have been driven off by these idiots?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What??? You're making about as much sense as Rusty! The Pats have, in my view, the best team in the NFL. Just because I pick against them during some weeks, doesn't mean that I expect them to lose. When I pick against them, I'm saying that they won't cover the spread...not that they won't win! Is that so hard for you homers to understand??

[/QUOTE]

Nevermind the fact that "best" is objectively related to matchups. 

Especially in the era of parity certain teams just don't match-up against other teams. 

I don't pick NE to win every week. But there is a sizable contingent here who thinks they should win 100% of the time and run around scrambling when they don't.

You have the pure homers, that pick them to go 16-0 every season on one side, and the other people (only on this forum, because you would never hear this type of argumentation on serious sport analysis programming or writing) that just assume that when they don't win they should have because they didn't run enough and for one week Bill Belichik forgot how to coach. 

NE, IMO, is not the most talented team in the NFL -- too many Jags on the defense and offensive line. And NE's special teams overall are mediocre to poor IMO, espceially the return game which almost never contributes these last few seasons. People will bludgeon me for this, for sure, but they just are not in my opinion. 

The Packers, when healthy, have more talent, imo. The Broncos are at least on par now that they have Manning. And the 49ers have at least as much total talent. Each of these teams have talent that is spread into different areas, the Broncos, Pats, and Packers being offensively gifted, and the 49ers being a real defensive team. 

The Pats certainly have some of, if not the best coaching. I think that is a huge edge. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  This guy always seems to try to take a dump on anything positive going on with the Pats. If somebody says the Pats are a good team or hopes that they win, he calls them an Ostrich.  

I'm at the point where I would rather read Leon's aka (Jets) posts than his.  At least with Leon, you know who your enemy is.  

[/QUOTE]

All the trolls do it. They pose as Pats fans, but try to be selfish and ruin it for the rest of us,

Babe, Hurlie, Pezzy, TripleOG, TexasPat, etc. I am probably missing about 5 "people". We even have a new troll who came on today named Frank158.

It's neverending.  They all act superior to BB and don't even enjoy this.

[/QUOTE]

stop using my name in false context to support your crazy agenda. You are the only one here boasting a high IQ and claiming to know what BB does behind closed doors and you are also the only one who thinks BB doesnt have control of the team. How long if your nose these days???  

Why dont you stop trying to lump people into the same category, Im sure you missed more than 5. To make is easier, why dont we just divide the board into 2 types of people. The regular normal pats fan who just want to cheer their team on and win and then you and all your fake accounts...lol