Hootie and the Blowfish

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

Re: Hootie and the Blowfish

I thought they s*****ed in a pretty incredible way, generic rock and roll for the sunny side up crowd, kind of a segue into retirement living with Jimmy Buffet but that's just me. 

In seriousness you like what you like. No need to justify it to anyone. Music is even more subjective than the football "hot takes" we get here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Their second album was terrible, but I enjoyed listening to the first one.  I saw them at Great Woods on summer.  It was a booze filled evening and everyone had a great time.

Come on.  They aren't iconic, but it's not like they're GWAR or Black Eyed Peas.

They're fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That one song they keep doing over and over and over, is just okay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I have to say the first album was good couldnt tell you anything about them after that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hootie came out when I was in middle school, so like every other middle school boy desperately trying to get attention from girls I sadly got that CD and tried to listen to it because they were popular with the ladies. Lets say that CD only stopped collecting dust for a single date picking her up and when it became a make shift frisbee years later in the high school parking lot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I put Hootie and the Blowfish in the same category as the Black Crowes.Both bands were OK,but nothing special.They had their 15 minutes of fame and I doubt we'll hear too much from either one again.

If the Russian President stepped on a cracker,he'd be Putin on the Ritz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Right up there in the pantheon with Duke and the Drivers and the Georgia Satellites.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Right up there in the pantheon with Duke and the Drivers and the Georgia Satellites.

what about the georgia satelites???? they had one really great hit..........."she said don't give me no lies and keep yer hands to yer self............great tune!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They do a good golf outing at Myrtle Beach after the Masters.  Does that count?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

what about the georgia satelites???? they had one really great hit..........."she said don't give me no lies and keep yer hands to yer self............great tune!

What, did I say something negative about them? I like Duke too, saw 'em about 10 times way the heck back when, good times (I think?). Then, they went away. Lots of bands with a little something going for them, then they're history. None of them consequential, except to some of their fans. 

If I had to guess, Hootie probably sold as many records as the Satellites, so somebody liked them too.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts