Hope we are not bargain shopping again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Hope we are not bargain shopping again

I really hope.we are more involved in.free agency this year...as a fan i always feel like NE is always bargain hunting...i love the Pats and understand that overall depth is important but it would be nice to be more aggressive ..Go.Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Hope we are not bargain shopping again

The deals that are going down now except for the collusion between the Harbaugh brothers are slightly over priced. Actually think some good action will happen in direct trades and in the Draft, the FA's have been built up so much I think teams are going nuts.

Resign a couple key guys and wait for a bit, thats what I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

You are hoping against one of few things that BB is almost always certain to do - go get the bargain guys

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

The deals that are going down now except for the collusion between the Harbaugh brothers are slightly over priced. Actually think some good action will happen in direct trades and in the Draft, the FA's have been built up so much I think teams are going nuts.

Resign a couple key guys and wait, thats what I think.

I'm not sure I like that approach. Resigning our guys alone weren't good enough last year, the bargain mid teir aging vets they pay high salaries to on 1-2 year deals the last couple years have been a waste of money, and hoping someone gets cut is a fools game. We are so close to having our 03' team back they just need to sign a couple starting caliber piece and add in the draft. If they don't get a couple key pieces in FA and hope to find that forgot diamond, like in past years, to me it feels like a slap in Brady's face as the window closes, similar to 06'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think he is waiting for someone to take this deal before he moves on to signing anyone..

Patriots tender Hoomanawanui at the 1.323M tender

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Who is the best team to not bargain shop and win the Super Bowl?

Bill last year? No

Redskins almost every year? No

Buccaneers last year? No

Eagles 2011? No

Most consistent teams of the decade (Pats, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Packers) have not been huge players in FA

You fill needs through FA, you supply star power through the draft. There is no can't miss FA on this market. Wait things out...Try and resign our own guys first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Dapats..then resign Welker Resign Talib and Go get an Adrian Wilson...why wait for another team to give those 3 guys contracts we wont match?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Bill last year? No

Buccaneers last year? No

Eagles 2011? No

Most consistent teams of the decade (Pats, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Packers) have not been huge players in FA

You fill needs through FA, you supply star power through the draft. There is no can't miss FA on this market. Wait things out...Try and resign our own guys first.

Every team you mentioned except for the Packers and us, are big spenders. The Packers are a small market team that is owned by a bunch of cheese farmers (so it's understandable). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

From what I am reading BB gambling on a soft market...maybe so...but Welker and Talib proven to be top notch players...just imagine Houston signing Welker? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Dapats..then resign Welker Resign Talib and Go get an Adrian Wilson...why wait for another team to give those 3 guys contracts we wont match?

Maybe because those guys are currently asking for contracts that the Pats don't want to pay?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Bill last year? No

Buccaneers last year? No

Eagles 2011? No

Every team you mentioned except for the Packers and us, are big spenders. The Packers are a small market team that is owned by a bunch of cheese farmers (so it's understandable). 

Who were those other teams biggest FA signings other than their own players?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bill last year? No

Buccaneers last year? No

Eagles 2011? No

they had a while to resign our own players and didn't so now you have to rely on the market to set the prices and replace those 15 FA's we have. Only have 5 picks (2 in the 7th) really hurts with what you want to do. They have missing starters in WR, CB, SS, DT, and returner positions. and missing depth at G, LB, CB, and WR. To many holes to fill via draft at this point. They need to find viable starters in FA and supplement with draft or risk turning back all the work they've done rebuilding and reverting back to the 10' or 06' Pats

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Hou signs Welker n we sign say Gibson...can you say nightmare

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Hou signs Welker n we sign say Gibson...can you say nightmare

Wouldn't be good, but if Schaub is still their QB, I wouldn't call it a nightmare

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Bill last year? No

Buccaneers last year? No

Eagles 2011? No

Who were those other teams biggest FA signings other than their own players?

Other than their own players? Well I think the biggest argument around here for three years is that those teams DID sign their own players...kept them...and paid big to do it. It's why they are in "salary cap hell", but then again they did have good teams and won Super Bowls. The Ravens paid to get Boldin four years ago - paid pretty large too - helped them win a Super Bowl before they dumphim him for a sixth. The Giants paid pretty big for the linebacker and defensive lineman they cut three weeks ago....both of those guys were pretty important in helping them win two Super Bowls...when they got old and too expensive, they cut them. It happens.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Bill last year? No

Buccaneers last year? No

Eagles 2011? No

they had a while to resign our own players and didn't so now you have to rely on the market to set the prices and replace those 15 FA's we have. Only have 5 picks (2 in the 7th) really hurts with what you want to do. They have missing starters in WR, CB, SS, DT, and returner positions. and missing depth at G, LB, CB, and WR. To many holes to fill via draft at this point. They need to find viable starters in FA and supplement with draft or risk turning back all the work they've done rebuilding and reverting back to the 10' or 06' Pats

Yeah this concerns a lot

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

You guys gotta remember though, Bill's and the rest of the FO's biggest pet peeve is thier potential deals being leaked. They like to do things secretly so as far as we know they could be talking with a bunch of guys. Just gotta wait and see.

I hear you but past history says they are waiting for the market to die and pick up the left overs. I'm hoping I'm wrong just the gut feeling.

Now I don't want them to go crazy (ala Bills, Philly) but who says that can't pick up higher end starting caliber players to fill holes and pick up depth players later when the market dies?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Talks have broken down with Welker, and he is now free to test free-agency. Apparently Amendola is waiting for a call from the Patriots, not to mention we have Hernandez waiting in the wings. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Talks have broken down with Welker, and he is now free to test free-agency. Apparently Amendola is waiting for a call from the Patriots, not to mention we have Hernandez waiting in the wings. 

if Hern is his replacement I'm fine with that provided they use the money to fill out the D or get a Z flanker (Jennings might be only one left) but if they think Amendola is a proper replacement then this will be 06' all over again

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

if Hern is his replacement I'm fine with that provided they use the money to fill out the D or get a Z flanker (Jennings might be only one left) but if they think Amendola is a proper replacement then this will be 06' all over again

dude,WE MUST have a great draft this year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Patseng brings up an excellent point...not enough draft picks to.fill needs ..now we are playing russian roulette with our own proven commodities Welker Talib...I DO NOT want Amendola replacing Welker..he is like crystal...Talib i can better understand ...big market out there for secondary help..NO ONE out there to replace Welker!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

dude,WE MUST have a great draft this year

Not enough number of picks. So many needs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I really hope.we are more involved in.free agency this year...as a fan i always feel like NE is always bargain hunting...i love the Pats and understand that overall depth is important but it would be nice to be more aggressive ..Go.Pats

Looks like that is exactly what NE is doing again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The way I look at it if we hit on 2 of those first 3 picks that would be a great draft. But that's 2 players and no guarantee they will hit on that high of a % (odds are against them in that regards). Lets say big Z (UDFA T they signed last year, high potential dropped because of injury) can provide T depth and Cannon is a start then they still are missing spots all over other places where they have no ready replacements on the practice squad. DT, CB, WR, SS? All don't have proper starters right now, G is thin without Thomas, WR and CB basically have no players at this point.

Now CB market hasn't hinned out yet so not to worried yet but the WR market is very thin at this point (Jennings and Welker beingonly starters left), DT there really isn't much out there and th draft might bthe best approach this year, G is thin for good backups, S might thin out really soon wth Quin looking to go to Lions and Goldson to Tampa. If they don't jump in and either resign their guys or get some starters they might be looking at their draft board and needing to fill 10 poistions with 5 picks and trade so far back to geot of the talent range just to fill the roster