Hope we are not bargain shopping again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Hope we are not bargain shopping again

It's pretty early and the big buck stuff is going on now and for the next couple of days.  My hope is that they will get involved after this week ends and get those middle tier guys.  Lots of FA this year.

I see some people are talking about getting players on the cheap.  A lot of these guys would probably just resign with their old team unless it's a player that came from a losing program.  Then what does it say about the player? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Did I miss the BB retirement announcement?  C'mon people, why did anybody think they'd be signing anybody today? It's never happened before, why would you think things are going to change this year? 

You could dig up a thread from the start of last year's free agency period and people would be saying the same stuff. Panic in the streets...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

It's pretty early and the big buck stuff is going on now and for the next couple of days.  My hope is that they will get involved after this week ends and get those middle tier guys.  Lots of FA this year.

I see some people are talking about getting players on the cheap.  A lot of these guys would probably just resign with their old team unless it's a player that came from a losing program.  Then what does it say about the player? 

I hope they don't go that route. They have pretty decent depth in most positions. What they have the biggest issue with is starters right now. If you try to fill starting positions with mid teir guys you end up with the Gregorys and Scotts of the world

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The way I look at it if we hit on 2 of those first 3 picks that would be a great draft. But that's 2 players and no guarantee they will hit on that high of a % (odds are against them in that regards). Lets say big Z (UDFA T they signed last year, high potential dropped because of injury) can provide T depth and Cannon is a start then they still are missing spots all over other places where they have no ready replacements on the practice squad. DT, CB, WR, SS? All don't have proper starters right now, G is thin without Thomas, WR and CB basically have no players at this point.

Now CB market hasn't hinned out yet so not to worried yet but the WR market is very thin at this point (Jennings and Welker beingonly starters left), DT there really isn't much out there and th draft might bthe best approach this year, G is thin for good backups, S might thin out really soon wth Quin looking to go to Lions and Goldson to Tampa. If they don't jump in and either resign their guys or get some starters they might be looking at their draft board and needing to fill 10 poistions with 5 picks and trade so far back to geot of the talent range just to fill the roster

I would not be shocked to see a handful of quality WRs be cut between now, the draft and after the draft.

It's very thin right now, but I think that changes with teams are dangreously close to the cap.

it's a pretty bad WR draft this year so I see more teams holding onto their talent WR's then not. DL and OL is where I expect the cuts to be made given the talent and depth at those positions in the draft

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

So we are to wait for BB's genius below the radar moves like the FA signing of Fanane, Adilus Thomas and Galloway in the past? And signing that worked out like Carter and Anderson, they were for one year only. The Pats need some stability and continuity. What is the point of managing the cap and have the 9th largest pot of money and not utilizing it? Why not work harder to keep promising young player like Donald Thomas. Note that the Pats have not been able to re-sign secondary role players like Woodhead, Edelman this far either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

So we are to wait for BB's genius below the radar moves like the FA signing of Fanane, Adilus Thomas and Galloway in the past? And signing that worked out like Carter and Anderson, they were for one year only. The Pats need some stability and continuity. What is the point of managing the cap and have the 9th largest pot of money and not utilizing it? Why not work harder to keep promising young player like Donald Thomas. Note that the Pats have not been able to re-sign secondary role players like Woodhead, Edelman this far either.

exactly. These mid teir FA's (excluding Thomas at the time) don't work. You can add Ellis, Bodden, Stallworth to that list too. It seems for every Carter or Anderson there are 5 other mid teir guys that don't work. The only times they spent big were Thomas and Colvin. Colvin gave some production before he was injured and Thomas was great in the SB but a issue in the locker room. Sometimes you need to take chances otherwise you are going to end up spending the same amount trying to find the one Carter or Anderson in the mix who they let leave anyways. I also wonder why they let a lot of their FAs hit the market so often. Yes it pays off somtimes but he spent years tring to replace players like A$, Branch, Law, Seymour

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The way I look at it if we hit on 2 of those first 3 picks that would be a great draft. But that's 2 players and no guarantee they will hit on that high of a % (odds are against them in that regards). Lets say big Z (UDFA T they signed last year, high potential dropped because of injury) can provide T depth and Cannon is a start then they still are missing spots all over other places where they have no ready replacements on the practice squad. DT, CB, WR, SS? All don't have proper starters right now, G is thin without Thomas, WR and CB basically have no players at this point.

Now CB market hasn't hinned out yet so not to worried yet but the WR market is very thin at this point (Jennings and Welker beingonly starters left), DT there really isn't much out there and th draft might bthe best approach this year, G is thin for good backups, S might thin out really soon wth Quin looking to go to Lions and Goldson to Tampa. If they don't jump in and either resign their guys or get some starters they might be looking at their draft board and needing to fill 10 poistions with 5 picks and trade so far back to geot of the talent range just to fill the roster

zzzzzzz someone wake me up when we do something
    zz