Hope we see lots of shotgun spread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Hope we see lots of shotgun spread

Because no one in the league can stop it, especially not the pathetic Giants.  Pats are going to march up and down the field with Brady zipping passes to Branch, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.  Sprinkle in a few draws to Woodhead and Law Firm, it's an offense that can't be stopped.  Go O'Brien!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Hope we see lots of shotgun spread

How I love the ignore button.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Mighty, your tongue is about to rip through your cheek.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Are you Bill O'Brien?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Hope we see lots of shotgun spread:
    [QUOTE]Because no one in the league can stop it, especially not the pathetic Giants.  Pats are going to march up and down the field with Brady zipping passes to Branch, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.  Sprinkle in a few draws to Woodhead and Law Firm, it's an offense that can't be stopped.  Go O'Brien!
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe it will work this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

After they win the SB I hope BB trades back in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

sure, 2007 all over again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Excellent points by all.  The shotgun spread has worked all season, putting up the most points in the AFC, putting up the most points each week in the playoffs, why should they stop now?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I think a little more balance might be called for this time.  I hope there is less use of the spread, or perhaps it can be a little less mindless. 

Run the ball, the Giants gave up and average 121.3 yards per game for an average run attempt at 4.5 yards per carry.  They are vulnerable to the run.  If they rush only four and use their "light" linebacker packaage, run it down their throats. We have the OLine to do this, especially if they play pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

Bad idea. Thats what happened 4 years ago and we all remember how tht turned out.

I want to see a lot of screens and draws, thats where I think NYG can be exposed

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Hope we see lots of shotgun spread:
    [QUOTE]I think a little more balance might be called for this time.  I hope there is less use of the spread, or perhaps it can be a little less mindless.  Run the ball, the Giants gave up and average 121.3 yards per game for an average run attempt at 4.5 yards per carry.  They are vulnerable to the run.  If they rush only four and use their "light" linebacker packaage, run it down their throats. We have the OLine to do this, especially if they play pass.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Bad idea. Thats what happened 4 years ago and we all remember how tht turned out. I want to see a lot of screens and draws, thats where I think NYG can be exposed
    Posted by orangecrush28[/QUOTE]

This is not the 2007 version of the PATS.  We can run on this version of the Giants and we should, as much as they give us.  I suspect the Giants will make the same mistake that Pittsburgh made with Denver, They will prepare for one thing and this time something very different may happen.  If they adjust, so do we.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

This right here is the winning formation:

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]This right here is the winning formation:

Yeah, for the Giants.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

This guy mighty has to be trolling or kidding around when he puts up a pic from the Week 9 game saying "This right here is the winning formation" when we were scoreless in the first half and tied our season low total of 20 points and lost that game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]This right here is the winning formation:

Winning like in week 9? The Giants win if they get pressure with a 4 man rush and drop 7 back in coverage. You want to put our 5 OL against one of the best front 4 in the league? Sorry Mighty that is not a smart way to go about it.

The Giants are weak against the run and if that front 4 can't generate pressure their secondary falls apart. The best option is to run 2 TE tight formations with a RB in the backfield and disguise which players release. Add to that draws, traps, and screens and it neutralizes the Giants 4 man rush. All a spread does is let the Giants front 4 pin their ears back and get after Brady all game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

This one's good too:

It's pitch and catch out there with these great O'Brien play calls.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

These right here are the formations that led to the most passing yards in regular season history by a quarterback who didn't play 11 games in a dome.  Great job Bill O'Brien!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Patriots operates no hurdle offense is the best in the NFL.  They will mix some screen play, running play to confuse the Giants defense.
    Love to see some spikes from Gronk the terminator.
    Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts