Hope we see lots of shotgun spread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: Hope we see lots of shotgun spread

I'm sure some of it will be utilized, but hopefully, that isn't the entire game plan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they can definitely go up and down the field with the spread offense, no doubt about it....i do think it wont be easy without gronk at normal capacity....but hernandez, welker, and branch are no slouches....i would also like to see some of the backs catching balls out of the backfield....ridley and woodhead seem perfect for that role

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would like to see them show commitment to the run, then start dumping it to Hernandez in the backfield off play-action. When he has a little space he is almost always good for 10-15 yards after the catch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Hope we see lots of shotgun spread:
    [QUOTE]Because no one in the league can stop it, especially not the pathetic Giants.  Pats are going to march up and down the field with Brady zipping passes to Branch, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.  Sprinkle in a few draws to Woodhead and Law Firm, it's an offense that can't be stopped.  Go O'Brien!
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Sounds good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Hope we see lots of shotgun spread:
    [QUOTE]I don't know why some Pats fans like Prolate would choose to limit yourself in the SB.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

I think it's you whose been raging about limiting Brady's passes, not subbing for BJGE, not playing spread or shotgun, keeping Brady under center, running BJGE 30+ times . . .  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Just look at what the shotgun spread can do to the Giants: 9-L.Tynes kicks 68 yards from NYG 20 to NE 12. 32-D.McCourty MUFFS catch, and recovers at NE 12. 32-D.McCourty to NE 36 for 24 yards (57-J.Williams; 53-G.Jones). 1-10-NE 36 (2:58) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short right to 84-D.Branch to NYG 49 for 15 yards (31-A.Ross). NE 12-Brady 39th career 300-yard game, extends his Patriots record. 1-10-NYG 49 (2:38) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 39-D.Woodhead right guard to NYG 40 for 9 yards (34-D.Grant). 2-1-NYG 40 (2:38) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 39-D.Woodhead up the middle to NYG 34 for 6 yards (34-D.Grant). 1-10-NYG 34 (2:04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short right to 39-D.Woodhead. 2-10-NYG 34 (2:01) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short middle to 87-R.Gronkowski to NYG 15 for 19 yards (34-D.Grant; 23-C.Webster). Two-Minute Warning 1-10-NYG 15 (1:54) 39-D.Woodhead left end pushed ob at NYG 14 for 1 yard (21-K.Phillips; 72-O.Umenyiora). NE-39-D.Woodhead was injured during the play. Timeout #1 by NE at 01:48. injury timeout 2-9-NYG 14 (1:48) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to 87-R.Gronkowski. 3-9-NYG 14 (1:44) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short left to 87-R.Gronkowski. Timeout #1 by NYG at 01:40. 4-9-NYG 14 (1:40) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short middle to 87-R.Gronkowski for 14 yards, TOUCHDOWN. NE 87-R. Gronkowski 3rd career 100-yard game.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

You're such a homer Mighty!  Didn't Rusty already explain that no one ever scores touchdowns out of the McDaniels shotgun spread finesse, overrated, underperforming offense led by that duffer Tom Brady and the spineless coach who won't fire the offensive coordinator who insists on subbing for BJGE?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

If we see a lot of shotgun spread, it will be based on certain Giants personnel that they have on the field.

Don't be too hard on mighty. The shotgun, spread offense can work on the Giants, just as it has on anyone. You just don't want to make that your only offense.

One possibility is to go hurry-up from the start. On 1st down, assuming the Giants bring in a heavier package to stop the run, we can go no huddle and prevent the Giants from subbing in pass rushing personnel on 2nd and 3rd down. In that case, shotgun would be fine.

What you don't want to do is go quick-tempo shotgun with their nickel defense on the field. Then, you expose Brady to their pass rushers. If they go man coverage, Brady can't get rid of the ball too quickly either, so that would be a problem.

I think we'll see the shotgun just like any game, but maybe a little less than usual depending on the Giants defensive gameplan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE] You know Mighty I will pray for you, also today I have to buy tootpaste.
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

I believe this is one of those, "The Life of mankind in a state of nature is Solitary, Poor, Nasty, Brutish, and short" -type of phrases....

Ya know, wording?