Hopefully these conversations take place after the season.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hopefully these conversations take place after the season.

Belichick: (To Romeo Crennel once he's fired in KC) We'd love to have you back running the defense, things haven't been the same since you left and your experience and working knowledge of what we like to do would be a huge value to this team moving foward.

Crennel: (To Belichick) Sign me up, I wanna come back.

Belichick:  (To Matt Patricia) I think you're an up and coming coach and have I confidence in your abilities, but the defense just isn't where I want it or where it needs to be... with that being said, we're bringing Romeo in to run the defense.  You'll still be part of the defensive staff and will be re-assigned.

Patricia:  (To Belichick) I understand and wish we could've performed better, want to remain on the staff and want to be part of the development moving forward.

Belichick:  (To Josh Boyer in his best Trump voice) You're foyid (fired).

Boyer: (To Belichick) I undertand, wish things would've worked out differently... thank you for the opportunity.

Belichick: (To Brian Flores in his best Trump voice) You're foyid (fired).

Flores: (To Belichick) I undertand, wish things would've worked out differently... thank you for the opportunity.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Hopefully these conversations take place after the season.to

how about:

BB to brady: man you played great in the superbowl

Brady: that 6th Superbowl ring looks great on your hand Bill, how about we fill your second hand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Hopefully these conversations take place after the season.

I see a lot of HOOPLA!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Belichick: (To Romeo Crennel once he's fired in KC) We'd love to have you back running the defense, things haven't been the same since you left and your experience and working knowledge of what we like to do would be a huge value to this team moving foward.

Belichick:  (To Matt Patricia) I think you're an up and coming coach and have I confidence in your abilities, but the defense just isn't where I want it or where it needs to be... with that being said, we're bringing Romeo in to run the defense.  You'll still be part of the defensive staff and will be re-assigned.

Patricia:  (To Belichick) I understand and wish we could've performed better, want to remain on the staff and want to be part of the development moving forward.

Boyer: (To Belichick) I undertand, wish things would've worked out differently... thank you for the opportunity.

Flores: (To Belichick) I undertand, wish things would've worked out differently... thank you for the opportunity.

+1000 !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

completely agree or if Romeo doesn't want the job replace with Rex (I know but he and BB get along together great and he is a good-great D coach no matter how you cut it) and heck how about giving the guy I wanted to have the job in the first place, Peppers, a shot? But Boyer has to go either way. I'm still dumb founded they hired him to begin with. A coach with a horrible D at a college that on the same level as two year colleges becoming the secondary coach for a SB caliber team? Still don't understand that one

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

completely agree or if Romeo doesn't want the job replace with Rex (I know but he and BB get along together great and he is a good-great D coach no matter how you cut it) and heck how about giving the guy I wanted to have the job in the first place, Peppers, a shot? But Boyer has to go either way. I'm still dumb founded they hired him to begin with. A coach with a horrible D at a college that on the same level as two year colleges becoming the secondary coach for a SB caliber team? Still don't understand that one

I don't disagree with anything you said... Rex is a donkey, but the guy can coach/coordinate defense with the best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what am I missing? Patrcia is coaching the defense BB wants them to play. Patricia is not making up the defensive game plan, nor is Boyer coaching technique any other way than what BB wants....

what good would Rex be here in NE if he coaches BB's bend but dont break defense? Rex can scheme over loading zones to pressure the QB. In order to do this, you need CB's that can cover one on one. The Pats do not have those types of CB's, nor does BB want to play that type of D. Having Rex on this team w/b a waste, unless BB says here is the D, fix it any way you wish (which BB will never do)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

what am I missing? Patrcia is coaching the defense BB wants them to play. Patricia is not making up the defensive game plan, nor is Boyer coaching technique any other way than what BB wants....

what good would Rex be here in NE if he coaches BB's bend but dont break defense? Rex can scheme over loading zones to pressure the QB. In order to do this, you need CB's that can cover one on one. The Pats do not have those types of CB's, nor does BB want to play that type of D. Having Rex on this team w/b a waste, unless BB says here is the D, fix it any way you wish (which BB will never do)

The scheme will not change, the planning probably will, and the plays called, being a motivator is part of the job as well.  But to me, the most important thing a coach does is teach the players the defense and have them prepared.  Missing assignments, getting out of position speak to players not knowing what they should be doing.  We hear all the time how Brady is a perfectionist with the offense so they never  (almost) run the wrong routes, or miss blocking assignments.

I think teaching the offense is the biggest part of a coach's job.  All the scheme's work.  Name a scheme, and somebody has won the SB using it.  Getting the players to execute it is the job of a coach.

Could be the players just aren't good enough and no coach will matter, but I'd take my chances with Crenell over Patricia.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tom Brady (to Bill Bellichick) You get this defense fixed, I am tired of scoring a crap ton of points and either losing or almost losing.  Get this fixed or I am gone!!  I should have had 2 more rings and going down as the greatest QB ever.

Bill Belichick (to Tom Brady) Ok! I promise we will get this D turned around and also, since we want to continue to score a crap ton of points we are going to sign a deal with Wes Welker for 2 or 3 more years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Tom Brady (to Bill Bellichick) You get this defense fixed, I am tired of scoring a crap ton of points and either losing or almost losing.  Get this fixed or I am gone!!  I should have had 2 more rings and going down as the greatest QB ever.

Bill Belichick (to Tom Brady) Ok! I promise we will get this D turned around and also, since we want to continue to score a crap ton of points we are going to sign a deal with Wes Welker for 2 or 3 more years.

hell heah!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Agree with all of it MB.  For the first time in his career Crennel must realize there are no HC jobs in his future.  The added plus could be that he might lure some defensive talent from KC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It amazed me that Romeo wasn't fired between commercial breaks, the other night.  He has to be one of worst head coaches ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

+1 MB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

If Romeo should come back  I think that would be great and that would put and end to the Mangini  return dialogues.

However I would think this response might also occur

Pepper to BB: "hey don't we have the same number of rings?" Didn't I play for you with LT? I think I know what you want from a D. Being a player I think I can get more respect from the players than this guy from RPI , by the way where is that .. and aren't they all engineers . I dont remember them being on an Ohio State schedule.

Give me a shot!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Let us bow our heads in prayer. Been hoping for a while now. We all know Crennel is overwhelmed coaching a team but he is a still a great coordinator. If Cassel was any good he would win some games. They went toe to toe with Pittsburgh and held them to a low scoring output. Miss thos days.

Rkarp , the diff, would be, although having the same scheme, that Romeo wouldnt coach scared and would blitz when necesarry. OUr scheme persey isnt zone, cover 2. Our schemes have always been to disguise coverage and that has hurt us too by being out of position, but our Scheme isnt one that doesnt involve blitzing but guys like Matt are too scared to call an agressive gameplan. Romeo knows how to call a defense. Matty doesnt, plain n simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:

If Romeo should come back  I think that would be great and that would put and end to the Mangini  return dialogues.

Who on Earth has been talking about Mangini?  Were they in a coma from 2006-2008?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a matter of ability to speak up to BB and bring in a different point of view. All Patrcia, Boyer, and the other yes men know is BB's way of coaching and that's it. They have zero say or outside perspectives to change things up. Rex as a vet (much like Romeo was) and have worked in multi schemes. He can go up to Bill and say "this just isn't working with this personal group. I used this before and it's worked with similar players, why don't we try to incorperate it and see how it works". Right now that's something no one else can say on the Pats D coaching staff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

We all know Rex is not coming to Foxboro, so while the thought of him running the defense is an interesting one, it's also unrealistic.

As for their current defensive coaches, bottom line, Patricia/Boyer/Flores are not effective in what their tasked with doing (coordinate the defense and/or coaching up the secondary)... so they should be replaced or at the very least demoted.  Not sure why it can be assumed that any JV coach can be plugged in to pass along BB's message (in these cases, unsuccessfully) and expect solid results, just because BB is the HC or how one can ignore/underestimate the value of an experienced, proven defensive coach in Crennel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. I hope they can pull a McD ... let KC fire him quick and NE can bring him in for the stretch run. Or did they officially make that illegal last season. 

I forget ...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Haha. I hope they can pull a McD ... let KC fire him quick and NE can bring him in for the stretch run. Or did they officially make that illegal last season. 

I forget ...

Haha, didn't think of that, but I like it... you now, assuming it's still legal to hire a coach that isn't employed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

We don't need that old fartt ruining our team like he did the Chiefs and Browns

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

We don't need that old fartt ruining our team like he did the Chiefs and Browns

They had an interview with former D players and they said that Romeo was best at taking what BB's game plan was and breaking down in a way that it was easy for the players to understand and execute. Maybe that's the current issue. If that's true then Romeo's strength is in communication which means any jobs he had with other teams is a poor judge of his ability to work with the Pats again given their was no BB working above him. If so then he'd work well with this group again in implimenting BB's game plan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What would happen on this board if Sexy Rexy gets canned in NY, and BB hires him as defensive co-ordinator? Can you imagine? Worlds are colliding, and the space/time continuum is being destroyed as matter and anti-matter anihilate one another in one final, vengeful swath of destruction.

"From hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit with my last breath at thee".

Captain Ahab

Sections
Shortcuts