Hopefully today's game will put an end to the nonsense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Hopefully today's game will put an end to the nonsense.

The Patriots pass-to-run ratio was 40 to 24. 

Whaa... wha! Wait! What?! No way we could win a game by passing 40 times and having a ratio that lopsided... no way, no how!

Here's what happened:

The offense executed. Brady was excellent, the offensive-line played well, the RBs were explosive, and the receivers made some big plays.

The defense played very well and kept the game in check after two offensive stalls early on. Amazing what having a talented, productive defense will do. They gave the team confidence and played very, very well.

Hopefully we can put this balance theory to rest. The offense executed better than they have in years (in the playoffs), and the defense is the most talented unit across the board that they've had in a LONG time. 

The reason the game was as close as it was, has to do with poor special-teams play and HORRENDOUS officiating. 

Reasons for success? Offensive execution and talented RBs, and a talented and productive defense. Not balance, not reining Brady in. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Hopefully today's game will put an end to the nonsense.

Thank you, but this point was settled a long time ago, with your exact points being spot on. There is only one dope on this board named Rock that continues to belabor the point

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Ratio of 40:24 equals 5:3, just to make the numbers easier to grasp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Good Lord, can't any of you idiots just enjoy the f'in game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Haha. Put an end to it? Only 63 posts? Nothing like that is ever ended on these boards. Too many trolls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Or passing 62.5% of the time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i agree that they can win when they throw the ball more then they run, but i also feel that they allowed this game to get closer by not running the ball late in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

LOL

img alt smile src smile jpg

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Or passing 62.5% of the time...

Even better!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Pats will take what the other team is giving and what is appropriate for that situation...at the end of the game the ratio is what it is...no magic ratio exists.

Thre few instances where the play calling did not follow this rule stick out and unfortunatly fuel this futile debate. I must say as the season has gone on there are fewer and fewer of these instances. I think McD is on a roll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

not quite as simple as that. Pass is more important than run, but defense is equally important as offense.

The Patriots did exactly what I had hoped, no turnovers by Brady and the RB corp. The defense had two takeaways, 1 INT and a fumble that the texans retained because of "forward progress"  The game was not as "close" as it seemed on paper.  Special teams was a failure, kudos to the Texans return team for making the patriots ST look like a high school team.

With injuries to Gronk, woody, and jones - the Patriots will have to continue to play error free football the rest of the way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Good Lord, can't any of you idiots just enjoy the f'in game?

No kidding.   These ridiculous cyber d*ck-measuring contests have got to quit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i agree that they can win when they throw the ball more then they run, but i also feel that they allowed this game to get closer by not running the ball late in the game.

What the heck are you talking about????

They ran the 4 minute drill to perfection, at EXACTLY the right time.

They scored on  2/3 possessions in the 4th.

Maybe it was the one throw TD that took zero seconds off the clock that offended you????

The O had NOTHING to do with the D giving up late scores...... NOTHING!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Maybe it was the one throw TD that took zero seconds off the clock that offended you????

it was early in the 4th quarter when they took no time off the clock when they could have run some time off and given the defense a rest. but the offense played really well today so im not trying to criticize that much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

it was early in the 4th quarter when they took no time off the clock when they could have run some time off and given the defense a rest. but the offense played really well today so im not trying to criticize that much.

I know it was early.  You wanted them to run time off the clock early instead of scoring and putting the game out of reach, lol?

Like I said, they ran the 4 minute O at exactly the right time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I know it was early.  You wanted them to run time off the clock early instead of scoring and putting the game out of reach, lol?

well the game technically was already out of reach, milking the clock would have really been the dagger....but i guess i see what you mean by being aggressive, i just thought the D was winded and could have used more rest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

well the game technically was already out of reach, milking the clock would have really been the dagger....but i guess i see what you mean by being aggressive, i just thought the D was winded and could have used more rest.

No. without scoring 10pts in the 4th, it's a 31 /28 game.

If they were tired at all it was because they allowed the texans 3, 5 minute drives since the middle of the 3rd.   That's why.   They need to get off the field if they need rest, not at the expense of a one throw TD.

If they hadn't scored TWICE in the 4th you offense bashers would have been screaming the O can't close a game, even though it's the D giving up scores,

Dam ned if they do and dam ned if they don't.  Right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

The Patriots pass-to-run ratio was 40 to 24. 

Whaa... wha! Wait! What?! No way we could win a game by passing 40 times and having a ratio that lopsided... no way, no how!

Here's what happened:

The offense executed. Brady was excellent, the offensive-line played well, the RBs were explosive, and the receivers made some big plays.

The defense played very well and kept the game in check after two offensive stalls early on. Amazing what having a talented, productive defense will do. They gave the team confidence and played very, very well.

Hopefully we can put this balance theory to rest. The offense executed better than they have in years (in the playoffs), and the defense is the most talented unit across the board that they've had in a LONG time. 

The reason the game was as close as it was, has to do with poor special-teams play and HORRENDOUS officiating. 

Reasons for success? Offensive execution and talented RBs, and a talented and productive defense. Not balance, not reining Brady in. 

Actually, it was 38 to 17 before the final two drives. But some people will never admit their half-cocked, one size fits all theories are just that: stuff that has little to do with how football is actually played.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

No. without scoring 10pts in the 4th, it's a 31 /28 game.

If they were tired at all it was because they allowed the texans 3, 5 minute drives since the middle of the 3rd.   That's why.   They need to get off the field if they need rest, not at the expense of a one throw TD.

If they hadn't scored TWICE in the 4th you offense bashers would have been screaming the O can't close a game, even though it's the D giving up scores,

Dam ned if they do and dam ned if they don't.  Right?

im not an "offense basher".....you need to cut that crap out man you look dumb saying stuff like that. im just saying what i believem if you disagree thats fine. the pats played a great game for most of the game and got the win, we can all be happy about that. there is room for improvement in areas such as what i mentioned, and thats all im saying. i love that the offense put up 41 points today, brady was great and so was welker, vereen, ridley, and hernandez. and ninkovich played a he.ll of a game on defense as well as gregory and talib, among others.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

They will never admit it unless the Pats win the super bowl with the Pats passing it 70 times and running it zero. If it's 68-2 they will claim it was the 2 runs setting up the pass that decided it.

That being said Ridley and Vereen especially were both excellant today.

Sections
Shortcuts