Horrendous Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: Horrendous Officiating

The refs were not that bad. I'm a HUUUUUUUGE Pats fan and have been upset after many other horrible officiating performances in the past. This was not one of them. Not even close. The Pats got outplayed and came up short, bottom line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There were some missed calls both ways, that happens in games.  I seriously doubt there has ever been or will ever be a completly perfect called game.

With that said, the calls that were called last night weren't bad. The Talib PI call was correct and Ginn never touched the ball.  They showed the replays many, many times some wre bad angles that you couldn't see and then there was one that you could clearly see the ball never touched Ginn's leg, and there was another that showed the ball never touched Ginn's hand.  So I have no idea where RockheadScully thought he seen the ball touch Ginn.

Like I said, there was no game changing calls out there, the game was lost out on the field by the Patriots.  They adjusted well after halftime to almost do it but the first half was just too terrible.

The Hightower strip/fumble, well I will need to review that one before I comment on it.

[/QUOTE]

BB addressed this.  It can be read on Reiss' blog.  They made some mistakes in what they announced, but the call itself was correct.  There was no actual officiating error on the Ginn play. It didn't look good, but it was a good call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Totally agree, Pats were getting all of the calls in the second half.  Horrendous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Totally agree, Pats were getting all of the calls in the second half.  Horrendous.

[/QUOTE]

You are a tool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

On the Talib PI, The ball hit Talib's arm before he hit the receiever, these plays should be reveiwable.   Even Collinsworthless said he ran throw the receiver, but once teh ball is tipped he can hit him all he wants and it was tipped off of Talib's arm.

As for the Ginn Non-Fumble if it had been called a fumble on the field they wouldn't have been able to over turn it becasue it was too close to see if he touched it or not, but it wasn't ruled a fumble.  But two thing erked me on that play. 

One why did that call illigal touching?  The kickoff team has teh right to down the ball after it hits the ground. 

Two they said it wasn't reviewable, BB had the challenge flag in his hand, since waht isn't a possible fumble reviewable?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unddies, we beat the Texans for you last week, but your Dolts didn't keep up their half of the bargin, what happened?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BannedOnTheRun--1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical cheatriots fans.

Their team never loses, it's always the ref, the weather, the field, lucky plays, blah, blah, blah

[/QUOTE]

Zip it, if you don't have anything intelligent to add.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt this guy is a troll but he's right. Cut the s**t with the officiating. Its pathetic, guys.

I want to see this matchup in the SB; it will be a different story (running and passing) with Gronk in the lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It was, our WRs got held all game, and i think we got one call

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

illiegal touching...oh yeah...theres a foul on the play...so we can cover our bums.   phantom calls

ball didn't touch him though

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unddies, we beat the Texans for you last week, but your Dolts didn't keep up their half of the bargin, what happened?

[/QUOTE]

Tom - hopefully you didn't put some money on that.  That would not have been smart and any reasonable fan in Indy didn't expect a win.  The young team IS gettting better, but they are not as good as their record indicates.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are called make up calls from the egregious calls against them in the first half so Goodell could make sure NE didn't beat Houston and SF at home. What a joke you are.

How did your ponies do yesterday in their little white panties? Hmm?

[/QUOTE]

I saw not a single thing egregious in the first half.  That said, some of the game was missed due to the president's speech. I did not think the ball hit Ginn's leg and I thought calls were fairly made in the first half.  Pats benefitted from home field calls in the second including the long PI.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

after looking at game again... The officiating played out as follows...

secondary...  multiple non calls on grabs on Welker, pi calls cancelled each other.  Other non calls : pi on branch in end zone (huge, likely would have tied game at 7-7), illegal contact (same drive) Lloyd in end zone ) THEN ON NEXT PLAY after field goal, pi on talib... Which led to bomb td to TE on dennard.

This sequence tells you everything.  2 non calls on SF secondary, then BANG 1st play, marginal call on talib.

Next special teams. Following 3 and out you had ginn play.  Ruling on field hard to overturn so if it did hit him, then they needed to call it which they didn't.

special team penalties also favored SF... Twice Brady was pinned deep after phntom holds while obvious holds on crucial SF kick return  in 4th qtr. ignored.

people that think calls like these don't determine outcomes of games need to think again.  The fix was in for SF...  Makes you wonder why...  Super pats needed correction..., didn't want another pats blowout in primetime..., payback for lenient calls in Houston game..., payback for running up score... All of the above plus your everyday routine pats/bb jealousy/hater complex ...  

Kapernick escapes Hightower contain twice but that's another thread...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

I STILL have no idea what the refs were talking about on the punt!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

JUST STOP IT WITH THE REFS BLEW IT GAR-BAGE!!!!!  Remember when you were all railing about the inherent need to get the "real guys" back on the field?

They weren't thet ones out there fumbking the ball, giving the Niners short fields to use. Or not catching passes that turned out as INT's. Or, posing as legit NFL DB's while being gashed on TD tosses. Or showing an innate ability to forget how to tackle on long runs. Fact is that the Pats put themselves into position to choke on that game. Too bad they played so badly.   

May have only showed as a 7 point win, but the Pats were badly outplayed for @ 2 and a half quarters.  THAT'S the sick part of it all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

As has been mentioned, officiating is simply atrocious across the board, week-in and week-out throughout the league. I'm beginning to find the game generally unwatchable, but again, the Pats simply had theire @sses handed to them and I don't think officiating . . .  or weather . . .  or even "luck" can change the fact the the 'Niners simply  pounded New England.

Oh . . .  and leave us not forget that San Francisco didn't even really play that well.

But on the bright side, the consolation prize is likely to be a trip to Denver where -- as we all know -- the Pats are virtually indestructible . . .

or do I mean self-destructive.

I always get those two mixed up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ItsMonkTime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Technically any time the punting team touches the ball before the receiving team it is an illegal touch, normally you just do not hear it called that way.

From the NFL Rulebook:

Any member of the punting team may down the ball anywhere in the field of play. However, it is illegal touching (Official’s time out and receiver’s ball at spot of illegal touching). This foul does not offset any foul by receivers during the down.

It is just that Hochuli did a terrible job (as usual) explaining what happened on the play. It comes down to the Patriots touched the ball first (ie, Ginn did not touch it) and their was a holding penalty on the 49ers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JUST STOP IT WITH THE REFS BLEW IT GAR-BAGE!!!!!  Remember when you were all railing about the inherent need to get the "real guys" back on the field?

They weren't thet ones out there fumbking the ball, giving the Niners short fields to use. Or not catching passes that turned out as INT's. Or, posing as legit NFL DB's while being gashed on TD tosses. Or showing an innate ability to forget how to tackle on long runs. Fact is that the Pats put themselves into position to choke on that game. Too bad they played so badly.   

May have only showed as a 7 point win, but the Pats were badly outplayed for @ 2 and a half quarters.  THAT'S the sick part of it all.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Not to mention that the defensive backfield had it's worst game in months... TD passes of 24, 34, 27, and 38 yards is just plain awful regardless of everything else that happened in the game. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

the NEP receivers were mugged the entire game..

holding was not  called on the sf OL

NEP lost cause of the flat first half..they looked unprepared

NEP did not respond to the overly aggressive sf team and it carried the game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hate to say it, but, we need to move on.  Other than this knashing of teeth, it won't change the outcome of the game.  Accept the fact the 49'ers got the majority of the breaks and won.  Simple, factual and case closed!  Besides, will anyone care once the Pats win the SB?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ItsMonkTime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It took almost 14 minutes, to get that play right.....I think     Thats why these Officials were bad, they slowed down the game BIG Time, way over 4 hours. Slowing the game down like that absolutely favored SF.

[/QUOTE]

They favored SF on the ginn play by not calling fumble , but the weird thing is they still screwed up the spotting of ball.  Pats touched ball to down it at the 36 yd line.  the 49ers got the ball at the 22.... Huh...?

there were 2 obvious holds on that 4th qtr kick return ... Chung and niko...  Niko was bent over trying to free himself.  Blatant non call.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

My only complaint is the rambling explanations Hochuli insists on giving, instead of just making the call.  The explanation on the punt that didn't touch Ginn just added to the confusion and aggravation of the fans, patiently sitting in the freezing rain waiting for the Ref group-think to come up with something plausible.