Horrendous Officiating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Horrendous Officiating

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is a lot of bad officiating and blown calls in many games.  Sometimes they help us win, and sometimes they help us lose.  However, we didn't deserve to win this game.  Officiating isn't the reason we lost, not when our running backs couldn't hold onto the ball and Brady throws 2 picks.

I get where you are coming from regarding momentum though.  I'm just saying that the Pats hurt themselves far more than the refs did.

[/QUOTE]

You're wrong on one hand. Brady did throw one bad pick but the second was an easy pass right on target to the usually reiable Hernandez who bungled it right into the waiting hands of a defender. Not Brady's fault Hern had fumblitis. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I thought overall the officiating favored the pats, particularly in the second half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought overall the officiating favored the pats, particularly in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

after looking at game again... The officiating played out as follows...

secondary... multiple non calls on grabs on Welker, pi calls cancelled each other. Other non calls : pi on branch in end zone (huge, likely would have tied game at 7-7), illegal contact (same drive) Lloyd in end zone ) THEN ON NEXT PLAY after field goal, pi on talib... Which led to bomb td to TE on dennard.

This sequence tells you everything. 2 non calls on SF secondary, then BANG 1st play, marginal call on talib.

Next special teams. Following 3 and out you had ginn play. Ruling on field hard to overturn so if it did hit him, then they needed to call it which they didn't.

special team penalties also favored SF... Twice Brady was pinned deep after phntom holds while obvious holds on crucial SF kick return in 4th qtr. ignored.

people that think calls like these don't determine outcomes of games need to think again. The fix was in for SF... Makes you wonder why... Super pats needed correction..., didn't want another pats blowout in primetime..., payback for lenient calls in Houston game..., payback for running up score... All of the above plus your everyday routine pats/bb jealousy/hater complex ...

I point out the most obvious bias sequences... First , calls in the secondary (first half) when game was close ... And then calls on special teams ,kick and punt returns at end of game... When game was close. 

I have the game on tape so I can examine the calls and non calls.  The bias shows up when game is close because that is where outcome is in the balance...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry, but this deserves its own thread. We saw one atrociously called game in Week 3 in Baltimore with replacement refs, arguably the worst I've ever seen in 30 years watching football, with even the game winning FG in question.

I just got off the phone with one my uncles who has had season tickets since 1978.  He hasn't missed a game since.   I've never heard him so enraged over the officiating.  It's not the sole reason why NE lost, it was the turnovers, but clearly the officiating affected the outcome in favor of SF.   He and my other uncle's seats are about 20 rows up on the 45 yard line behind the visiting team's bench. Apparently, Harbaugh and his assistants were lobbying for calls all night long.  Not surprising. Harbaugh and his brother are two pieces of work in that area, always whining incessantly.

Last night, however, was a top 3 worst I've seen the Pats involved in. It's one thing for replacement refs to have the built-in excuse, but these professionals simply cannot be so inept in games like that. 

As much as the turnovers had much to do with why NE lost, the officiating was decidely so one-sided, that the refs were forced to resort to make up calls for NE in the second half.  The LLoyd PI call was the one that stands out.  But, you have to ask why make up calls are even needed.

There are two plays that clearly affected NE's ability to change momentum:

1. The Hightower stripl/fumble. What a great play, by a great young rookie. A textbook in-line closing tackle and strip to be called "incomplete". What a complete crock that was.  In no way is that defensible.  That was a fumble. Who knows if that might have changed things at that point. I believe SF went on to score a TD there.  Chris Collinsneck made that even more maddening by acting like it was clearly an incomplete pass where the RB never had possession and didn't try to run after he caught it. Laughable.  I DVRd the game and watched this play again this morning. FUMBLE.  Not debatable. Clear as day.

2. The obvious one is the Ginn apparent fumble on the punt return.   Why on earth does a punt returner, and the entire kick return unit of each team, react in such a fashion, if he didn't touch the ball? I am not saying it clearly hit his leg flush, but the trajectory of the ball as it crossed him, coupled with his reaction clearly tells us it grazed his leg. All of a sudden, the rules change? Also, the refs made up a call about an "illegal touch" by NE, repleted with "holding on #57" by NE.  I am fairly sure Steve Nelson retired many years ago. Then, the best part was when Hochuli tried to explain all of this after 5 minutes of extended commericals and waiting with him saying they will review it, which"may lead to spotting the ball down there".

Are you kidding me?  How is this stuff acceptable?  I think ol' Ed has taken one too many of the PEDs ol' Rogie is so concerned about in the league.  These guys just got a great new deal which gives them lifetime health insurance, 6 figure plus salaries and all kinds of perks for calling games 16 times a year for 4 months and we get that?  Unacceptable and it takes away from what two good teams battling it out.

It is high time the NFL start punishing  officials in some way (suspension without pay?) for not knowing the rules of the game and making up calls to the point Bill Belichick and then entire crowd/viewing public is not only confused, but when the refs have a chance to get the call right, they still don't get it right.

We NEVER see BB challenge refs when compared to what other NFL coaches do on the sidelines during games. Ever.  He's done it twice this year in particular. Once in Baltimore and last night.

The officiating clearly favored SF last night big time and it affected the game.   Awful.

bw

[/QUOTE]
    This league is run by an ex jet employee and he's taken his cue from another loser from NY David Sterns,Sterns says who will be in the finals and then sends the Crawfords in to make sure that his dictum is carried out! Enter Ed Hockuli and Carey these are Goodells henchmen. So he decides who will have Home field advantage in the playoffs. I think he wants Goober in the finals ! So watch the next two weeks to see how the games involving the Broncos and Texans are called and you'll know who the commissioner wants in the SB. We already know he wants the 40 whiners from the NFC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry, but this deserves its own thread. We saw one atrociously called game in Week 3 in Baltimore with replacement refs, arguably the worst I've ever seen in 30 years watching football, with even the game winning FG in question.

I just got off the phone with one my uncles who has had season tickets since 1978.  He hasn't missed a game since.   I've never heard him so enraged over the officiating.  It's not the sole reason why NE lost, it was the turnovers, but clearly the officiating affected the outcome in favor of SF.   He and my other uncle's seats are about 20 rows up on the 45 yard line behind the visiting team's bench. Apparently, Harbaugh and his assistants were lobbying for calls all night long.  Not surprising. Harbaugh and his brother are two pieces of work in that area, always whining incessantly.

Last night, however, was a top 3 worst I've seen the Pats involved in. It's one thing for replacement refs to have the built-in excuse, but these professionals simply cannot be so inept in games like that. 

As much as the turnovers had much to do with why NE lost, the officiating was decidely so one-sided, that the refs were forced to resort to make up calls for NE in the second half.  The LLoyd PI call was the one that stands out.  But, you have to ask why make up calls are even needed.

There are two plays that clearly affected NE's ability to change momentum:

1. The Hightower stripl/fumble. What a great play, by a great young rookie. A textbook in-line closing tackle and strip to be called "incomplete". What a complete crock that was.  In no way is that defensible.  That was a fumble. Who knows if that might have changed things at that point. I believe SF went on to score a TD there.  Chris Collinsneck made that even more maddening by acting like it was clearly an incomplete pass where the RB never had possession and didn't try to run after he caught it. Laughable.  I DVRd the game and watched this play again this morning. FUMBLE.  Not debatable. Clear as day.

2. The obvious one is the Ginn apparent fumble on the punt return.   Why on earth does a punt returner, and the entire kick return unit of each team, react in such a fashion, if he didn't touch the ball? I am not saying it clearly hit his leg flush, but the trajectory of the ball as it crossed him, coupled with his reaction clearly tells us it grazed his leg. All of a sudden, the rules change? Also, the refs made up a call about an "illegal touch" by NE, repleted with "holding on #57" by NE.  I am fairly sure Steve Nelson retired many years ago. Then, the best part was when Hochuli tried to explain all of this after 5 minutes of extended commericals and waiting with him saying they will review it, which"may lead to spotting the ball down there".

Are you kidding me?  How is this stuff acceptable?  I think ol' Ed has taken one too many of the PEDs ol' Rogie is so concerned about in the league.  These guys just got a great new deal which gives them lifetime health insurance, 6 figure plus salaries and all kinds of perks for calling games 16 times a year for 4 months and we get that?  Unacceptable and it takes away from what two good teams battling it out.

It is high time the NFL start punishing  officials in some way (suspension without pay?) for not knowing the rules of the game and making up calls to the point Bill Belichick and then entire crowd/viewing public is not only confused, but when the refs have a chance to get the call right, they still don't get it right.

We NEVER see BB challenge refs when compared to what other NFL coaches do on the sidelines during games. Ever.  He's done it twice this year in particular. Once in Baltimore and last night.

The officiating clearly favored SF last night big time and it affected the game.   Awful.

bw

[/QUOTE]
    This league is run by an ex jet employee and he's taken his cue from another loser from NY David Sterns,Sterns says who will be in the finals and then sends the Crawfords in to make sure that his dictum is carried out! Enter Ed Hockuli and Carey these are Goodells henchmen. So he decides who will have Home field advantage in the playoffs. I think he wants Goober in the finals ! So watch the next two weeks to see how the games involving the Broncos and Texans are called and you'll know who the commissioner wants in the SB. We already know he wants the 40 whiners from the NFC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

For all the guys here who are trying to defend the officiating by saying the Patriots played a terrible first half and therefore had no chance of winning or right to win.BS! You speak nothing but pure troll garbage! I had the game described to me by a 49ers fan and he openly admitted his team was aided by the officiating on at least 10 plays and that he hopes the Patriots don't play his team in the SB. So for all the baloney and cheese guys and you know who you are please stop trying to give credit to the refs where none is due. I'll just give you one non call as an example Welker running to catch a ball and the DB horse collars his little body to the ground,no call !!! Sorry even the best of you trolls can't defend that no call.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For all the guys here who are trying to defend the officiating by saying the Patriots played a terrible first half and therefore had no chance of winning or right to win.BS! You speak nothing but pure troll garbage! I had the game described to me by a 49ers fan and he openly admitted his team was aided by the officiating on at least 10 plays and that he hopes the Patriots don't play his team in the SB. So for all the baloney and cheese guys and you know who you are please stop trying to give credit to the refs where none is due. I'll just give you one non call as an example Welker running to catch a ball and the DB horse collars his little body to the ground,no call !!! Sorry even the best of you trolls can't defend that no call.

[/QUOTE]
    Interesting that you mentioned Carey...  the non calls are often more egregious than the bad calls.   he seems to have cleaned up his act this year but he totally facilitated the ugly Eli "drive"... First by the clock fiasco and then the blatant holds and offensive pi committed by jints on that ugly drive. 

Sucks that goodell has not been ousted... Yet.  what a complete sh!t-head.  tagliabue bietch slaps him and he just goes merrily along . He needs a good slap upside the head...  like with a baseball bat.  this league doesn't need a dimwit activist commissioner laying waste to traditions and integrity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

secondary... multiple non calls on grabs on Welker, pi calls cancelled each other. Other non calls : pi on branch in end zone (huge, likely would have tied game at 7-7), illegal contact (same drive) Lloyd in end zone ) THEN ON NEXT PLAY after field goal, pi on talib... Which led to bomb td to TE on dennard.

This sequence tells you everything. 2 non calls on SF secondary, then BANG 1st play, marginal call on talib.

Next special teams. Following 3 and out you had ginn play. Ruling on field hard to overturn so if it did hit him, then they needed to call it which they didn't.

special team penalties also favored SF... Twice Brady was pinned deep after phntom holds while obvious holds on crucial SF kick return in 4th qtr. ignored.

people that think calls like these don't determine outcomes of games need to think again. The fix was in for SF... Makes you wonder why... Super pats needed correction..., didn't want another pats blowout in primetime..., payback for lenient calls in Houston game..., payback for running up score... All of the above plus your everyday routine pats/bb jealousy/hater complex ...

I point out the most obvious bias sequences... First , calls in the secondary (first half) when game was close ... And then calls on special teams ,kick and punt returns at end of game... When game was close. 

I have the game on tape so I can examine the calls and non calls.  The bias shows up when game is close because that is where outcome is in the balance...

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  I noticed that you didn't mention any calls against SF that they shouldn't have received or calls that they didn't get but should have. 

Tells me EVERYTHING I need to know. 

There is no way to take you seriously on the subject.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

SF has the best D therefore will get the benefit of the doubt. Pats lost the game on turnovers not by officiating.

As for Talib PI he never turns head.

The Harbaugh's are the biggest pansy whiners in the NFL !  Constant crying , Baltimore game and this Sunday. 

Now that the Pats got this loss under their belts against a SuperBowl favorite they won't lose another big game all the way to the Final.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Interesting that you mentioned Carey...  the non calls are often more egregious than the bad calls.   he seems to have cleaned up his act this year but he totally facilitated the ugly Eli "drive"... First by the clock fiasco and then the blatant holds and offensive pi committed by jints on that ugly drive. 

Sucks that goodell has not been ousted... Yet.  what a complete sh!t-head.  tagliabue bietch slaps him and he just goes merrily along . He needs a good slap upside the head...  like with a baseball bat.  this league doesn't need a dimwit activist commissioner laying waste to traditions and integrity.

[/QUOTE] I mentioned Carey because of his inept officiating in that SB! That is part of Goodells plan his beloved Jets can't stop the Patriots but he can by assigning the most manipulated crew he can find. I'm still steaming about the Jarvis Green Fumble recovery in that SB at the end of the first half with 46 seconds to go the Gnats fumble the football at the 46 yrd line and Green has the ball all by himself on the ground he doesn't get up and run with it,and then every gint lands on him and take the ball away Shite he was on the ground the ground can't cause a fumble!!! It should have been Patriots ball and the very least they could have done was attempt a FG! On the drive you are talking about, One of our DE's was about to throw Eli to the ground on the miracle catch and if he had Mike Carey was going to throw a flag on him as he had already pulled his flag but upon seeing the Giants receiver catch the ball he put it back in his back pocket. I have a friend who says that every game is rigged.No surprise to me...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I mentioned Carey because of his inept officiating in that SB! That is part of Goodells plan his beloved Jets can't stop the Patriots but he can by assigning the most manipulated crew he can find. I'm still steaming about the Jarvis Green Fumble recovery in that SB at the end of the first half with 46 seconds to go the Gnats fumble the football at the 46 yrd line and Green has the ball all by himself on the ground he doesn't get up and run with it,and then every gint lands on him and take the ball away Shite he was on the ground the ground can't cause a fumble!!! It should have been Patriots ball and the very least they could have done was attempt a FG! On the drive you are talking about, One of our DE's was about to throw Eli to the ground on the miracle catch and if he had Mike Carey was going to throw a flag on him as he had already pulled his flag but upon seeing the Giants receiver catch the ball he put it back in his back pocket. I have a friend who says that every game is rigged.No surprise to me...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you think they are all rigged why do you watch? Really! Makes no sense to me all the whining about the refs. NE gets some calls their way as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  I noticed that you didn't mention any calls against SF that they shouldn't have received or calls that they didn't get but should have. 

[/QUOTE]

The bias shows up when game is close because that is where outcome is in the balance...  Did you completely miss this part or just gloss over it... ?

Instead of making general insults, why don't you use examples and make a sound point?  Because you're a dimwit troll.... With nothing to offer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The bias shows up when game is close because that is where outcome is in the balance...  Did you completely miss this part or just gloss over it... ?

Instead of making general insults, why don't you use examples and make a sound point?  Because you're a dimwit troll.... With nothing to offer. 

[/QUOTE]

What at all does your bolded point have to do with the fact that you ONLY pointed out calls/non-calls against NE as if none happened to SF? 

I don't have the game tape, but I know what my objective eyes (they have no dog in the SF/NE fight) saw. 

Now you may think my comments are insulting, but actually they are just correct.  The truth hurts sometimes.  Conjuring up fantastical conspiracies doesn't help.  But hey, name calling is a much more effective insult, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dummy, those were make up calls. We're asking why the calls heavily in favor of SF in succession, and so many times, FAVORED SF in the first half.  THey didn't need it. They had 4 turnovers already.

Please focus on the source of concepts, dumb-dumb. We're asking for clean officiating.  That's the focus.

[/QUOTE]

Rock - stop being as dumb as one.  I didn't think the officiating in the first half particularly favored the 49ers.  I did say earlier that there was a span of the first half I missed due to the President's speech.  I can't imagine ALL of the bad calls happened at that time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JUST STOP IT WITH THE REFS BLEW IT GAR-BAGE!!!!!  Remember when you were all railing about the inherent need to get the "real guys" back on the field?

They weren't thet ones out there fumbking the ball, giving the Niners short fields to use. Or not catching passes that turned out as INT's. Or, posing as legit NFL DB's while being gashed on TD tosses. Or showing an innate ability to forget how to tackle on long runs. Fact is that the Pats put themselves into position to choke on that game. Too bad they played so badly.   

May have only showed as a 7 point win, but the Pats were badly outplayed for @ 2 and a half quarters.  THAT'S the sick part of it all.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Not to mention that the defensive backfield had it's worst game in months... TD passes of 24, 34, 27, and 38 yards is just plain awful regardless of everything else that happened in the game. 

[/QUOTE]

This entire thread and whining is typical "It's Not My Faul!!!' trash. Name me one fan of one team who, deep in his heart, feels that his team didn't lose, it was taken away from them by the refs/game officials. When is it EVER their team's fault for losing? The last game I recall where there was absolutely no question as to the refs, was the Seahawk/Steeler debacle in the SB.

My fav is baseball, when the winning run is called out at the plate on a "horrible call". Funny how they don't tell you the entire story: thru 8 innings, 15 LOB, 8 in scoring position, 5 with less than 2 outs. But, yessir, let's skin that horrible home plate ump for that call. Folks, TEAMS make and create their own breaks.

Give me a break!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The refs are not consistant at all.  Detroits rookie RB Bell jumps on shoulders of wide rec after a TD and gets penalty.  Last sunday in another game i watched the whole team jump on a pile and roll around after their receiver caught a TD and nothing was called.  Don't remember the game but it was one of Goodells elite teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The refs are not consistant at all.  Detroits rookie RB Bell jumps on shoulders of wide rec after a TD and gets penalty.  Last sunday in another game i watched the whole team jump on a pile and roll around after their receiver caught a TD and nothing was called.  Don't remember the game but it was one of Goodells elite teams.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, puleeze!

I'm surprised rusty didn't say that Tom Brady paid off the zebras because after his first half of HORRENDOUS play of throwing picks all over the place and making the RB's fumble by not giving them the ball securely,  that he could STAGE a second half come back and pad his selfish stats and L@@K like a hero.  There's no other explanation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There are two keywords of note:

When a rival team loses "LOL"

When the PATS lose "REFS"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What at all does your bolded point have to do with the fact that you ONLY pointed out calls/non-calls against NE as if none happened to SF? 

I don't have the game tape, but I know what my objective eyes (they have no dog in the SF/NE fight) saw. 

Now you may think my comments are insulting, but actually they are just correct.  The truth hurts sometimes.  Conjuring up fantastical conspiracies doesn't help.  But hey, name calling is a much more effective insult, right?

[/QUOTE]

You don't have tape so you're going on your feeble "objective" memory...  Lol.  Right, got it.  so my observations  that I can look at 10 times to confirm before I publish it on this forum have no merit because I left out calls you aren't able to identify.  that is not intelligent.

I point out early in post that PI calls cancel out ... So wrong again, 6pac.  scoring this argument so far, you're getting shut out.

Why don't you just be the troll that you are and post something like..." 49ers yur daddys".  If you can't simply back up what you post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

(quote)

...(refs) weren't thet ones out there fumbking the ball, giving the Niners short fields to use. Or not catching passes that turned out as INT's. Or, posing as legit NFL DB's while being gashed on TD tosses. Or showing an innate ability to forget how to tackle on long runs. Fact is that the Pats put themselves into position to choke on that game. Too bad they played so badly.

May have only showed as a 7 point win, but the Pats were badly outplayed for @ 2 and a half quarters. THAT'S the sick part of it all.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Not to mention that the defensive backfield had it's worst game in months... TD passes of 24, 34, 27, and 38 yards is just plain awful regardless of everything else that happened in the game.

[/QUOTE]

hey azzie, frank and pez.  This thread isn't about the patriots mistakes.  Agree complely turnovers and db breakdowns cost this game. 

That does not mean officiating didn't contribute also.  All this thread is about is critiquing officials.  Don't know why you can't deal with that. 

do me a favor, just look at the tape of 49ers kick return and look at how specifically holds on koutivides and Chung open the hole for returner.

Then look at final punt return for pats and see if you can find the player called for the penalty... He's not even in the screen.

Again you can just say, refs miss calls in every game , so what...which is true.  But here there was a pattern that I pointed out, and that my friends is "horrendous officiating".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

(quote)

...(refs) weren't thet ones out there fumbking the ball, giving the Niners short fields to use. Or not catching passes that turned out as INT's. Or, posing as legit NFL DB's while being gashed on TD tosses. Or showing an innate ability to forget how to tackle on long runs. Fact is that the Pats put themselves into position to choke on that game. Too bad they played so badly.

May have only showed as a 7 point win, but the Pats were badly outplayed for @ 2 and a half quarters. THAT'S the sick part of it all.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

hey azzie, frank and pez.  This thread isn't about the patriots mistakes.  Agree complely turnovers and db breakdowns cost this game. 

That does not mean officiating didn't contribute also.  All this thread is about is critiquing officials.  Don't know why you can't deal with that. 

do me a favor, just look at the tape of 49ers kick return and look at how specifically holds on koutivides and Chung open the hole for returner.

Then look at final punt return for pats and see if you can find the player called for the penalty... He's not even in the screen.

Again you can just say, refs miss calls in every game , so what...which is true.  But here there was a pattern that I pointed out, and that my friends is "horrendous officiating".

[/QUOTE]

Ya, the zebras suck.  Always have and always will, conspiracy or just ineptitude, it doesn't matter.

I would say that 4 TO's, 8 dropped balls( which the Pats are leading the league in BTW),

4 (one) pass TD's over 25 yards (which the Pats are leading the league in BTW).

A run back of 63 yards when it meerly should have been licked through the EZ with no opportunity to advance, BTW, are more responsible for the loss.

Perhaps the zebras didn't help, IDK, but I don't believe they would have lost if they just cleaned up some or all of the above.

For your reading pleasure:  L@@KS like the Pats actually didn't recover any of the niners 6 fumbles.  Thanks zebra's!

The Patriots caught a break in Sunday night's loss to the 49ers when Delanie Walker's first-quarter fumble wasn't overturned on replay.

This news comes to us this morning via the "Official Review" segment on NFL Network (watch HERE), as NFL director of officiating Dean Blandino explained what unfolded.

"This actually never went to review," Blandino said. "The replay official [Al Jury] confirmed it upstairs without bringing the referee over. That's a mistake."

Blandino detailed that the replay official watched the replay in slow motion, not in real time, and that led to the mistake.

"We want to watch these plays at full speed and we want to get the true sense of how long the receiver has it," Blandino said. "He doesn't complete the process of the catch and that's one we want to make incomplete.