horrible play calling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

horrible play calling

So ... You have 3rd and seven and you're throwing deep? like 3 or 4 times.

1st and goal (2 inches) ya think maybe QB sneak...?

Recover fumble time running out... Waste 1st down with low % bomb...?

Clueless.  At least Miami lost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: horrible play calling

McDaniels seems overwhelmed lately.  One end around...  It worked (like every other frekin time )... Ya think maybe call it again.. ..?

They drop a screen that would have gone for big yards...  go back to it maybe...? Oh that's right you only call screens when it's 3rd and 20 from your own 5 yd line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Lacks ccreativity

poor adjustments

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

And what happened on the second sack of Brady? Some sort of a breakdown, 'cause Mankins was pulling like it was a run, only Brady went back to pass instead. The vacancy at LG was the whole reason for the sack.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's pretty obvious that McDaniels can't hold a candle to Weis when it comes to creativity

Defense.  It is still important.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I question the TD streak again. Brady is reportedly friends with McDaniels.  Why are we throwing it from the 1/2 yard line?

Note how Cincy loaded up and just hammered it in.

I agree some of it is on McDaniels, but I question what Brady was lobbying for at halftime, ditching the run and then chasing the TD streak after the timeout from the 1/2 yard line.

VERY disturbing.

They also left themselves without a true Tight End that could catch the ball.  Then if you fumble the ball or don't make a catch it's like they won't either play let you play for a long time or they won't throw you the ball again. It leaves them with very few options. This was a winable game that could come back to bite them big in the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I hate the TD string is broken, but that is one less distraction.  Agree on the poor play calling.  Offense was not clicking today at all.

Dreaming the Impossible Dream

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

What is Brady doing when the plays that are being called are not working?  Is he a rookie QB or a seaoned vet with the reputation of being an elite QB?  If the latter, then he should start producing like one.  He should make adjustments at the line of scrimmage, and get his offense moving forward.  And who on the board thinks that Brady is not changing up at the line, and that he is just following the OC's instructions and going with it?

Let's face it.  Brady is no longer an elite QB.  He may be making adjustments at the line but his reads are not as good as they used to be.  His execution has been quite poor the last several games.  He underthrows the pass to Dobson, and he is picked off.

I like what Brady has done in the past but now he is playing like an average QB at best!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

All of a sudden the Patriots have no tight ends to throw to. It was so evident today that Brady needs a TE duo again. 

Can't believe how may passes Edelman dropped near the end. 

Dobson should have taken that pass into the end zone. He looked confused near the end and the fact that he dropped the ball really concerned me the most. No doubt he'll improve but, it was so apparent that Dalton had world class WR's and Brady gets short sheeted in the prime of his career. No offense to these WR's but, Cincy has some great weapons. Weapons that Brady should have right now. Without any real TE threat at this point and without a legit deep threat (Dobson MAY trun out to be that guy) to open up Thomkins, Amendola, Edelman......it just looks awful. Factor in McDaniels' completely bland play calling now. McDaniels, when he can't come up with anything, just lets Brady throw deep. It ain't working. 

I know we're 4-1 but, McDaniels, IMO, needs to go. Cincy executed extremely well today. Compare their game with what McDaniels came up with and it's frustrating to watch. Maddening even. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

What is Brady doing when the plays that are being called are not working?  Is he a rookie QB or a seaoned vet with the reputation of being an elite QB?  If the latter, then he should start producing like one.  He should make adjustments at the line of scrimmage, and get his offense moving forward.  And who on the board thinks that Brady is not changing up at the line, and that he is just following the OC's instructions and going with it?

Let's face it.  Brady is no longer an elite QB.  He may be making adjustments at the line but his reads are not as good as they used to be.  His execution has been quite poor the last several games.  He underthrows the pass to Dobson, and he is picked off.

I like what Brady has done in the past but now he is playing like an average QB at best!

Really?  You ever try throwing to spastic receivers who drop more than they catch with 6 guys in your face or on your AZZ?  Let us know how that works out for ya.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Thought the play-calling was phenonmenal until today. I, too, was disappointed with the offensive playcalling today. 

Let's go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I love the 2nd and 10 run play....it's F**king automatic with Josh. It always sets up 3rd and 9. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

If his wrs aren't on the same page to make adjustment what can he do?   Walk over to each one and tell them what to do before the play clock is out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I love the 2nd and 10 run play....it's F**king automatic with Josh. It always sets up 3rd and 9. 

You noticed that also.  I think they ran it every 2nd and 10 except once and it was only because they went 5 wide empty backfield. Oh yeah, I beleive it was a 2nd and 10 on the play Blount fumbled.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

All of a sudden the Patriots have no tight ends to throw to. It was so evident today that Brady needs a TE duo again. 

Can't believe how may passes Edelman dropped near the end. 

Dobson should have taken that pass into the end zone. He looked confused near the end and the fact that he dropped the ball really concerned me the most. No doubt he'll improve but, it was so apparent that Dalton had world class WR's and Brady gets short sheeted in the prime of his career. No offense to these WR's but, Cincy has some great weapons. Weapons that Brady should have right now. Without any real TE threat at this point and without a legit deep threat (Dobson MAY trun out to be that guy) to open up Thomkins, Amendola, Edelman......it just looks awful. Factor in McDaniels' completely bland play calling now. McDaniels, when he can't come up with anything, just lets Brady throw deep. It ain't working. 

I know we're 4-1 but, McDaniels, IMO, needs to go. Cincy executed extremely well today. Compare their game with what McDaniels came up with and it's frustrating to watch. Maddening even. 

Agreed, the no td from the 6" line was just awful

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

If his wrs aren't on the same page to make adjustment what can he do?   Walk over to each one and tell them what to do before the play clock is out?

Yes, TB12's WRs are not always on the same page as the QB, but the QB has also been misfiring to wide open WRs as well.  Look, I'm not trying to put all the blame on Brady; I see that his weapons are not as strong as they once were but let's not get carried away with the hero worship and deification that we cannot see his flaws and comment on them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Yes, TB12's WRs are not always on the same page as the QB, but the QB has also been misfiring to wide open WRs as well.  Look, I'm not trying to put all the blame on Brady; I see that his weapons are not as strong as they once were but let's not get carried away with the hero worship and deification that we cannot see his flaws and comment on them.

yup

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I question the TD streak again. Brady is reportedly friends with McDaniels.  Why are we throwing it from the 1/2 yard line?

Note how Cincy loaded up and just hammered it in.

I agree some of it is on McDaniels, but I question what Brady was lobbying for at halftime, ditching the run and then chasing the TD streak after the timeout from the 1/2 yard line.

VERY disturbing.

Yes, your post is very disturbing. You actually think Brady cares more about a td streak than winning a game? So much so he is asking josh to call certain plays? cmon man. Gladys would be disappointed 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

I didn't understand why they didn't challenge the TD when Amendola rolls into the endzone but they call him own at the one.  That looked like it could have gone either way and probably should have been called a TD and reviewed by the officials anyway but it seemed like a worthwhile challenge anyway.  Even if you don't get it it's only one TO and coaches challenges will be over at 2 minutes anyway.

Truth be told the Patriots usually lose games like this when they face a fierce pass rush and don't run the ball when they don't have Gronk, regardless of who else is at the other skill positions.  Gronk gets those chains moving so they can covert first downs and move into scoring positions.  He's also a beast in the RZ. Welker used to be able to do some of that for us and DA may be able to if he can stay healthy.  Hopefully the young guys can step up too.  If Brady can get on the same page with Dobson it looks like the big plays could return at smtpout this season bit the bottom like is TFB needs Gronk to be elite (just like Brees needs Graham).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

I didn't understand why they didn't challenge the TD when Amendola rolls into the endzone but they call him own at the one.  That looked like it could have gone either way and probably should have been called a TD and reviewed by the officials anyway but it seemed like a worthwhile challenge anyway.  Even if you don't get it it's only one TO and coaches challenges will be over at 2 minutes anyway.

Truth be told the Patriots usually lose games like this when they face a fierce pass rush and don't run the ball when they don't have Gronk, regardless of who else is at the other skill positions.  Gronk gets those chains moving so they can covert first downs and move into scoring positions.  He's also a beast in the RZ. Welker used to be able to do some of that for us and DA may be able to if he can stay healthy.  Hopefully the young guys can step up too.  If Brady can get on the same page with Dobson it looks like the big plays could return at smtpout this season bit the bottom like is TFB needs Gronk to be elite (just like Brees needs Graham).

I can't name one big time QB that doesn't have the TE relief valve. Pats are really hurting without the RB who can catch out of the backfield and a TE to clear the middle.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

Good post as usual from you. You need to stick around more to fend off our morons.

One follow up to your point about Gronk not there and our running game:  We had no issue last week. Biermann was out last week, Johnson this weel. Leon Hall or Asante Samuel.

This was the same game, if easier in some ways.  The big problem is how we think we have to have Gronk to run block. Develin and Bolden should have been the key guys in this one and they were not.

Our D was outstanding again with an A game and for whatever reason, Brady throwing too much creeped back in. Play the game for what it is. If it's a low scoring game, do low scoring things. If it's a high scoring thing, do high scoring things.

both posts make great points here

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The play calling today was really bad period. My fear is that BB steps aside at some point and turns the team over Mcdaniels.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Our D was outstanding again with an A game and for whatever reason, Brady throwing too much creeped back in. Play the game for what it is. If it's a low scoring game, do low scoring things. If it's a high scoring thing, do high scoring things. 

I do agree that they through too much. Passes on 2nd and 3rd down from the 1 yard-line was plain terrible. I still think BB needs to take blame for terrible play calling on the offense. He is the head coach. He brought back McDaniels to be his OC. If the offense game plan is part of the problem, BB needs to change it.

I still disagree with the D playing an "A" game. The defense did not have an A game. The Bengals wanted to control the ball and they were succesful in the second. Giving up at 3rd-and-15 from the 2 yard-line on a drive that leads to the game winning touchdown disqualifies a defense from getting an A.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I think they don't throw do the field ENOUGH!  The problem is that Brady has NEVER been, and won't ever be a good deep throw QB.  This problem is compounded by the fact that KT and Dropson won't fight for the ball and catch it.  I've never seen a player before (Dropson) who jumped so high and fought SO hard for catches in college, but doesn't give one ounce of effort in the Pros.  BTW, did you see the game that Terrance Williams had for Dallas????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

I think they don't throw do the field ENOUGH!  The problem is that Brady has NEVER been, and won't ever be a good deep throw QB.  This problem is compounded by the fact that KT and Dropson won't fight for the ball and catch it.  I've never seen a player before (Dropson) who jumped so high and fought SO hard for catches in college, but doesn't give one ounce of effort in the Pros.  BTW, did you see the game that Terrance Williams had for Dallas????

Dobson looked so much better in college because he played at Marshall and faced maybe one or two NFL quality defensive backs in his career. Dobson was the third leading receiver (in catches, yards and TDs) his senior at Marshall. It is not like he was some stud going into the draft. He was rated as low as the 15th WR going into the draft. 

Agreed after today, Williams is probably having a better season (16 catches on 19 targets for 282 yards) than an of the Patriot rookies.

Sections
Shortcuts