Horrors... what would we do if the Pats had a season like the Red Sox??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Horrors... what would we do if the Pats had a season like the Red Sox??

As this season begins, just like the beginning of the baseball season, both the Pats and the Red Sox were spoken of as being one of the better teams in their respective leagues and to contend for the championship ring.  Both teams come into their seasons with excellent personnel.  Both teams will endure the usual injuries that can befall a team.  But, to see the Red Sox fall apart as quickly as they did?  I am certain the legion of Red Sox fans would have never believed if you told them back in April, the Sox would finish not only out of the playoffs, but, with a sub .500 season record.  I can imagine this board if the ball bounces in horrible ways for the Pats and things just don't click like we all think it should and expect.  Ring a bell, Sox fans?  As one discussion string has already pointed out, the Pats O line is decimated compared to years past.  Lots of young, new players, sorta like the Sox, with high hopes for a successful season.  The season is young, but, the posts are starting..  chicken little is in the house!  The horrors!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Horrors... what would we do if the Pats had a season like the Red Sox??

The ball bouncing in horrible ways is one thing, bill, and we've already seen some of that early in the Pats' season. The hope is that, over the course of the season, the horribleness will even itself out and we'll still be looking at a championhsip-calibre team in January (which is another discussion for another time. I'm not sure I want to start comparing a slow start by the Pats to the out-of-nowhere- implosion the Red Sox have given us all this season and the most important part of last season. If you spend any time at all listening to the yahoos who permeate the Red Sox board on this forum, you're a better man than I am, but I'll say this about that, before I leave this hot potato to people with oven mittens:

I would rather see that Pats crumble before our very eyes despite their best efforts than to ever again have to admit that I root for those pathetic, quitting Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

We would wake up and go to work the next day like we always do. But seriously, it is time to question BB, Brady, The Offense, the Defense. This team is just so predictable and boring. They never rush any QBs. They never watch the ball when defending the long pass. This team does not scrare anyone in the league. Brady plays with very little fire or passion, it seems. They are not using their strengths. They had Gronk playing D last week. Really? The Pats have become just a normal average team. The QB is getting old, the playmaking is boring, and they lack any toughness they once had. It is what it is. It is hard to stay on top forever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

We would wake up and go to work the next day like we always do. But seriously, it is time to question BB, Brady, The Offense, the Defense. This team is just so predictable and boring. They never rush any QBs. They never watch the ball when defending the long pass. This team does not scrare anyone in the league. Brady plays with very little fire or passion, it seems. They are not using their strengths. They had Gronk playing D last week. Really? The Pats have become just a normal average team. The QB is getting old, the playmaking is boring, and they lack any toughness they once had. It is what it is. It is hard to stay on top forever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Sorry, I blame the new posting system for the repeat posts.

Sections
Shortcuts