Hotels near Gillette

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Hotels near Gillette

I am going to the Miami game in December. Do any of you know of a good hotel near the stadium? Preferably within walking distance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Hotels near Gillette

Other than patriot place hotel, which is booked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel & Spa

28 Patriot Place, Foxboro, MA

Patriot Place

(866) 580-6236

------------------

Americas Best Value Inn

105 Washington Street, Foxboro, MA

(508) 543-4000 · abvifoxboroma.com   -----------------------   Don't thank me...thank Google.

'Patriot Place' is seperate. Washington street seems about a mile away, no more than 1.5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I have googled, but I was hoping to get some reviews of fellow Pats fans who have stayed at a nearby hotel. Its hard to trust some of these hotel sites. I would rather not stay in a dump, if I can avoid it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to jerh5

You may want to consider another alternative.  There is a rail line that runs from Providence right to Gillette Stadium on game day.  Round trip fare $15.  It makes stops along the way, So. Attleboro, Attleboro, and Mansfield.

You may find it easier to book a hotel near one of these train stops.

I've taken the train from Attleboro to the stadium and found it quite convenient.

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/patriots/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

In response to jerh5

You may want to consider another alternative.  There is a rail line that runs from Providence right to Gillette Stadium on game day.  Round trip fare $15.  It makes stops along the way, So. Attleboro, Attleboro, and Mansfield.

You may find it easier to book a hotel near one of these train stops.

I've taken the train from Attleboro to the stadium and found it quite convenient.

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/patriots/

A train also runs from South Station, so you can stay in a hotel in Boston. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I travel to the games regularly and usually stay in Boston and take the Patriots Train to the game. You miss out on tailgating if you want that experience, but the Pats Train avoids all the trafic, saves you the cost of a car rental, and generally works pretty well.  Plus Boston is a much better place to stay than anywhere near Foxboro.  Only problem is Boston hotels are pricey. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Thanks guys. The rail line sounds like a good idea. I think thats what I will do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcus-santos. Show marcus-santos's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:

I am going to the Miami game in December. Do any of you know of a good hotel near the stadium? Preferably within walking distance.

I come every year from Brazil to watch a game and I always stay at Residence Inn Foxborough.

Nice rooms and breakfast and better fares than Patriot Place Hotel.

It's not within walking distance. I usually drive to the Stadium and park at someone's backyard near the stadium for $10 or $15, but they have a bus service that takes you to the Stadium and picks you up there after the game.

250 Foxborough Blvd.

(508) 698-2800

Hope it helps.

Marcus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

I am a Season Ticket Holder from just west of Albany NY. My brother and I are going to the December Sunday night game and we are staying at the Hilton in Providence. Its close to the train station that you can pick up the game day train into Gillette Stadium.  Its nice and I recommend it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Stay in Providence. The Broncos will be In Providence as well. Lower rates, better restaurants than Patriot place and Boston

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Stay in Providence. The Broncos will be In Providence as well. Lower rates, better restaurants than Patriot place and Boston

Funny story about staying in Providence: A couple of years ago my family stayed in the Marriot in Providence while we did a college search for our oldest daughter. It was a home game weekend and the NY Jets were staying in the same hotel with us.  Just out side the lobby entrance were a half a dozen Jets fans creeping and hidding, hoping to a get a glimse of their favorite Jet. They came up from long Island just to do that. Kind of sad in a way.

Anyway, at about 1:30 AM Sunday morning the fire alrm goes off and EVERYONE has to vacate the hotel, Jets included. There we were , surrounded in close quarters to the NY Jets. In fact, I was standing there next to Rex himself. He was "stuff" eating grin and was wearing an  old Jets sweat shirt. I thought about joking with him that Bill Belichick pulled the alarm but didn't want to end up being questioned by the police for joking around about it. It wouldn't surprise me that it was one of theose Jet fan groupies who were creeping around earlier.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to lioneljoe's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Funny story about staying in Providence: A couple of years ago my family stayed in the Marriot in Providence while we did a college search for our oldest daughter. It was a home game weekend and the NY Jets were staying in the same hotel with us.  Just out side the lobby entrance were a half a dozen Jets fans creeping and hidding, hoping to a get a glimse of their favorite Jet. They came up from long Island just to do that. Kind of sad in a way.

Anyway, at about 1:30 AM Sunday morning the fire alrm goes off and EVERYONE has to vacate the hotel, Jets included. There we were , surrounded in close quarters to the NY Jets. In fact, I was standing there next to Rex himself. He was "stuff" eating grin and was wearing an  old Jets sweat shirt. I thought about joking with him that Bill Belichick pulled the alarm but didn't want to end up being questioned by the police for joking around about it. It wouldn't surprise me that it was one of theose Jet fan groupies who were creeping around earlier.

I don't think I could have held back. I would have thrown the BB jab. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

The Pats train option blows because you have leave early or run to catch it (leaves 30 minutes after the game, this means people leave early or have to quickly get down there).  Terrible option. Plus, you miss out on the tailgating. Many pink hats do the train option. 

The state still hasn't fixed the problem known as Route 1.  Just plan on it being an all day and night affair.

There's a Holiday Inn Express, 10 minutes up Route 1. It might take you 2 hours to get there.  I would just tailgate after and wait, because you aren't going anywhere anyway.

Don't listen to our resident blowhard.  I take the train all the time and it works just fine.  You don't have to run to catch it after the game--there's plenty of time to get from the third deck (where I sit) to the train.  You can't hang out for an hour, true, but why would you want to do that unless your only other choice was to sit in traffic?

As far as tailgaiting before the game, that's fun if you've got a bunch of friends there with all the necessary gear, food, and drink.  But if you're flying in from somewhere else, I'm not sure it makes all that much sense to rent a pick-up truck with a gas grill attached and spend your morning at the grocery store--and your night before at the liquor store, because I think the blue laws are still in effect in Massachusetts and you can't buy alcohol (except at a bar) on Sundays.

Just take the train . . . you'll avoid the traffic and can stay in a real city like Boston or Providence rather than in a boring suburb like Foxboro.  There are plenty of good sports bars in the city, too, if you're craving a bonding experience with other fans . . .

Now, off to meet some friends for brunch here in Boston . . . and then to South Station to catch the train to the game.  How 'bout you Rusty?  Are you tailgaiting in Foxboro now? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

From my experience, I have never had a problem making the train after the end of the game. I always walked and had time to spare. Eite way works, but the train is a dependable option.

Sections
Shortcuts