HOU is gonna come firing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

HOU is gonna come firing

I can already see the media stories on how this will be a "measuring stick" game for HOU. On how the Pats have been the model franchise for the past 10+ years and how HOU needs to prove it can play with "the big boys".

This reminds me of '09, when we played the Saints on Monday Night. Despite the fact that the Saints were clearly a better team than us, the media portrayed it as a big game for the Saints. Only thing important about that game for the Saints was maintaining their undefeated record.

I don't think the Texans are as good as the '09 saints, and this Patriots team is definitely better than that '09 team...but this HOU team is gonna play it out as if they're disrespected despite their 11-1 record.

HOU will be playing out their underdog role and I expect their A game. I dont expect them to play the way they did against JAX or Detroit...

AND I CANT WAIT...Pats will probably be favored in their playoff games, theyll need to match with the extra intensity that comes from underdogs.  I'm expecting a very close and very good game from both teams

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: HOU is gonna come firing

The Texans are 11-1.  They don't absolutely need this game to secure homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, as long as they can beat Indianapolis at Indy's oil can in week 17.  

New England probably needs the game to secure a first round bye. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Texans are 11-1.  They don't absolutely need this game to secure homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, as long as they can beat Indianapolis at Indy's oil can in week 17.  

New England probably needs the game to secure a first round bye. 

[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the point of the article. Pats need the game more seeding wise, but I think the media coverage will make this out as a bigger game for HOU. HOU can lose this game and still win the 1 seed.

"Disrespect" card will be played

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They will like to show themselves and everyone else that they can beat the Patriots at Gillette on MNF big stage. The Patriots have played in lots of these games. The game is more important for the Patriots though. They will fall to 4th seed if they lose as Denver keeps winning. It would be a confidence boost for the Patriots to win as the only elite team they've beat this year is Denver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

hope they show everything they've got, so Patriots can learn a little about them. May come in handy if they meet again in playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I think every team plays the PATS like its the SB. Our team is not getting a lot of love from the media, I watch ESPN and all the talk is about the greatness of Peyton, Luck and RG3, Brady doesn't even get mentioned. So Brady will know this and we saw what he did to Luck after the build up about him and no talk about him. I'm sure it will be a big game but the PATS are really coming together. So I see a W because BB will be ready. The D though needs to do a better job protecting Brady than last week.. I love blow outs... So a girl can hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think Houston is going to not like playing out in the cold very much and go home with a loss..............I hope  :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When all is said and done, the fact is the Pats still have to make it through the playoffs and win out.  No matter the result of this game, which is regular season.  It is all for current bragging rights and for pundits and the talking heads to spout their rhetoric.  Besides, ask the Giants about the importance of the regular season once you hit the playoffs.  Seems it didn't matter in 2011, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

HOU is gonna get their a** handed to them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Comon cold weather. Night game too, no cushy dome for this one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

After barely beating the 'Phins on Sunday, the Pats better be flying high w/ intensity come Monday night. If not, Houston will embarass them on a national stage. Now, no one, except for the irritating trolls on this blog, wants that!

Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

This game sets up well for the Pats, except for injuries of course.  The Texans gained an extra game of cushion for top seed when Balt lost, so they won't absolutely need it.

The Pats do really need the game to secure a first-round bye.

As for cold weather the Texans beat the Bears in Chicago in the cold and at night in miserable weather so I don't expect that to be a factor at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

first half no huddle and we are up 24-7. Book it. Then just run ridley run, houston does not play that well against the run

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots 38 - 17

Sections
Shortcuts