Houston Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Houston Defense

I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they played down to their opponent. And I've also heard that Joseph may have a nagging injury, so I'll cut him some slack on this performance.

But if the Pats played the HOU defense that showed up tonight, this game would not even be close.

KEEP IN MIND THOUGH, every great offense has been stopped before. I know the Pats have a good run game which is something most of the highest scoring offenses in league history lacked, but that still does not make them unstoppable. 1999 Rams had a great running game and passing game in an time before the league even catered things towards the offense like it is now...and those rams scored 11 points in the AFC championship and 23 points in the Super Bowl

In other words, this HOU defense is not as daunting as I originally thought. But good defenses are capable of stopping great offenses and I still consider HOU one of the defenses that can stifle this offense...it's just going to take their very best effort and game plan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Houston Defense

To add onto this...

Their offense does not look good at all. Outside of Foster and that good oline, there isn't much. Andre Johnson does not look like his old self, and I would put Schaub in the Flacco class of QBs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

To add onto this...

Their offense does not look good at all. Outside of Foster and that good oline, there isn't much. Andre Johnson does not look like his old self, and I would put Schaub in the Flacco class of QBs

Yeah, they are not as good as I thought.  The Patriots can beat these guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the texans have played nobody good yet besides the broncos......people are over hyping this team way too much.....they are a playoff team, but they are flawed. JJ Watt is legit though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

the texans have played nobody good yet besides the broncos......people are over hyping this team way too much.....they are a playoff team, but they are flawed. JJ Watt is legit though.

True, but that argument works both ways.

Can say the same thing about our offense and how we have not faced a legit defense yet.

The only one we faced was Arizona...and they slowed the entire thing down.

Good thing we have this game on schedule this season...still think it'll be a close game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Houston had a major injury on defense tonight (Cushing) and the Jets were home underdogs, who have been stealing money from gambling addicts for years (home dogs that is). Seven points were from a kick return also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

True, but that argument works both ways.

Can say the same thing about our offense and how we have not faced a legit defense yet.

The only one we faced was Arizona...and they slowed the entire thing down.

Good thing we have this game on schedule this season...still think it'll be a close game

they played three good defenses, arizona, baltimore, and denver....and they play another good defense this week. and in the arizona game, hernandez got injured early in that game and it screwed up the whole gameplan so i dont put much into that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Houston had a major injury on defense tonight (Cushing) and the Jets were home underdogs, who have been stealing money from gambling addicts for years (home dogs that is). Seven points were from a kick return also.

Losing Cushing would be a huge loss for this D.

I know one of the TDs was a kick off return...still...that D should have completely shut down an offense led by Sanchez with backup WRs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I think the Ravens are better.

Houston might have the best offensive player (Foster) and the best defensive player (Watt) in the league right now.

Besides those two, very beatable team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I thought their defense was pretty good tonight. Schaub on the other hand did not impress me and now that they are considered super bowl favorites by many they are going to be under the microscope when they play the top teams. I understand why people consider them better than the Pats but I think the Pats will beat them later this year. Though he may be a horrible head coach, Wade Phillips can coach some defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Houston might have the best offensive player (Foster) and the best defensive player (Watt) in the league right now.

Joseph is much better than he played tonight. So is the rest of the front 7.

This team reminds me of the Ravens these past couple of years.

A solid defense that will be held back by an offense that leans on the legs of its RB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Also,

Ravens gave up 350+ to Weeden, 90+ yards to BJGE, and 150 to Charles. Cassel and Weeden are among the top 10 worst Qbs in the league...Cassel is probably playing the worst right now. Mike Vick is also good for 3+ turnovers a game.

Im not sold on this Ravens defense yet. They are near the bottom of the league in yards given up. Once they face a team that doesn't commit turnovers like its their job, I think the defense will be exposed.

That being said, Suggs is coming back soon and that can change things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

december 10th cant come soon enough.....i believe the pats will dominate that texans team....probobaly the most overhyped team ive seen in awhile.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

dapats, you make good points, Ravens D not as good as it has been. Getting older.

But I just don't see the playmakers on Defense for the Texans besides Watt.

Brooks Reed is about what Nink is for the Pats. Barwin had a great year last year, but has done little this year so far.

The Ravens still have Ngata and Lewis and Reed and the young CB Webb, and of course Thuggs later in the year.

Also,

Ravens gave up 350+ to Weeden, 90+ yards to BJGE, and 150 to Charles. Cassel and Weeden are among the top 10 worst Qbs in the league...Cassel is probably playing the worst right now. Mike Vick is also good for 3+ turnovers a game.

Im not sold on this Ravens defense yet. They are near the bottom of the league in yards given up. Once they face a team that doesn't commit turnovers like its their job, I think the defense will be exposed.

That being said, Suggs is coming back soon and that can change things.

Sections
Shortcuts